The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE FORUM > Sportster Motorcycle Styles > Sport-Glide / Sportster Motorcycle Touring
XLF Blogs XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sport-Glide / Sportster Motorcycle Touring This section is for the discussion of setting up you Sportster motorcycle touring and long distance riding.

Active Threads
0 Keep & Kill
Last Post: Graywolf
Posted On: 24 Minutes Ago
Replies: 14,703
Views: 823,061
0 IH rearsets and giant stud
Last Post: Scott
Posted On: 32 Minutes Ago
Replies: 30
Views: 2,145
0 worth it to do more than stage 1
Last Post: aswracing
Posted On: 33 Minutes Ago
Replies: 6
Views: 214
0 Fat Ironhead?
Last Post: ryder rick
Posted On: 45 Minutes Ago
Replies: 14
Views: 569
0 Why I don't have a HID Headlight Poll
Last Post: spoon
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Replies: 148
Views: 38,679
0 2nd place in a Mileage Contest
Last Post: harley506d
Replies: 2
Views: 39
0 Hot Chicks on Hot Bikes
Last Post: Stairman
Replies: 10,449
Views: 1,844,490
0 Official XL Forum Random Image Thread (NO NUDITY!)
Last Post: Stairman
Replies: 45,737
Views: 7,238,047
0 buckhorn bars
Last Post: 11alan111
Replies: 5
Views: 162
0 Hottie of the day, no nudity.
Last Post: 1skullster1
Replies: 15,447
Views: 1,491,023
0 Getting Hammered
Last Post: Nibelungen
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 40
Views: 1,380
0 Ride Report w/ 100's of Photos & Video - 8 States, 2 Countries & 2 Big Surprises
Last Post: SLW210
Posted On: 3 Hours Ago
Replies: 33
Views: 1,082
0 I'm baaaack LOL
Last Post: ADK XL
Replies: 4
Views: 128
0 Highest mileage EVO you'd buy.
Last Post: ReddTigger
Replies: 14
Views: 615
0 Free beer (TSM Or TSSM?)
Last Post: Folkie
Views: 166
0 What did you do for your sporty Today?
Last Post: 60Gunner
Replies: 6,526
Views: 863,233
0 Engine Tune
Last Post: 60Gunner
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Replies: 19
Views: 505
0 Curtis Zeus
Last Post: Nibelungen
Replies: 2
Views: 83
0 1986-90 Evo Sportsters: What every owner should know but were afraid to ask
Last Post: norseXL
Replies: 373
Views: 48,917
0 Cafe build
Last Post: Fatylonghous
Posted On: 6 Hours Ago
Replies: 46
Views: 7,448
0 Plastic Printing - A R&D Short-Cut
Last Post: Ireeman
Posted On: 11 Hours Ago
Replies: 11
Views: 409
0 My 1250 to 1275 build
Last Post: Bryan1976
Posted On: 14 Hours Ago
Replies: 158
Views: 11,657
0 Sportsterpedia Progress
Last Post: rocketmangb
Replies: 261
Views: 69,299
0 SBS Project - Sportster Chop w/ Lots of Photo's
Last Post: sportsterpaul
Replies: 299
Views: 83,778
0 More oil return questions
Last Post: Scott
Replies: 5
Views: 313
0 Crusty's Travels
Last Post: sportsterpaul
Posted On: 15 Hours Ago
Replies: 2,664
Views: 364,844
0 Leineweber camshaft
Last Post: cazz1000
Replies: 37
Views: 1,321
0 2017 XLC alarm question
Last Post: Frogge
Views: 75
0 New member softail rim laced to sportster hub
Last Post: Folkie
Posted On: 18 Hours Ago
Replies: 12
Views: 341
0 Keep the V&H head pipes or go stock?
Last Post: Bob F
Posted On: 20 Hours Ago
Replies: 3
Views: 207
More...
Members Birthdays
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: xl883r sold
Sportster/Buell Year: 2014
Glamazon has a reputation beyond reputeGlamazon has a reputation beyond reputeGlamazon has a reputation beyond reputeGlamazon has a reputation beyond reputeGlamazon has a reputation beyond reputeGlamazon has a reputation beyond reputeGlamazon has a reputation beyond reputeGlamazon has a reputation beyond reputeGlamazon has a reputation beyond reputeGlamazon has a reputation beyond reputeGlamazon has a reputation beyond repute

Have a good one, watch out for the wildlife & remember they drive on the proper side of the road
Old 3 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH 1000
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1978
Other Motorcycle Model: XLCH
Other Motorcycle Year: 1979
Crusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond repute

Days to go!
Sponsored Links
Old 3 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Crusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond repute

Old 3 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Monday; Two To Go

I feel like a little kid. I really can’t believe it’s all coming together. I’m so wound up that I have to write lists of things I need to do, ‘cause I’m having trouble keeping things straight. I’m so wound up that I even got sucked into a “Discussion” with Badweb’s pet troll, then had to ask one of the moderators to delete the exchange.

I talked to Dondi last night, and she was laughing at my abundance of excitement. She said that she’ll miss our phone conversations while I’m gone, but she’s happy for me. I told her that she’ll know what’s happening because she’s on my Snippet mailing list and I’m only going to be gone for two months.

I also talked with Melia yesterday. She called me. I tried for a couple of days to reach her, but every time I called, I got a recorded voice (with an Australian accent) telling me that all the circuits were busy and to try again later. Melia told me that she’s had a very busy day loading up all the important things into the Horse float (trailer), because there are wildfires in the area and she had been warned that she might have to evacuate. She also said that the wind direction was blowing away from the property, so she didn’t think it was going to be a problem. If she does have to evacuate, she’ll be loading up three horses, three dogs and a couple of cats. I hope the wind continues to be favorable.

The threat of wildfires isn’t going to deter me from going. If the farm does get destroyed by fire, then I may be able to help in some way. Ron and Melia are my closest friends and I will not abandon them if there’s anything I can do to help.

That’s a worst case scenario, though. I’d rather focus on the positive. It now looks like we’ll be spending Christmas down by the beach. Kristyn is going to Sydney for Christmas. Kala has to stay home because she’s working and also has to care for the dog, so she asked if Melia and I would consider having dinner there. Oh, gosh; I’d have to force myself to go swimming in the bathwater warm south Pacific on Christmas day! It’s supposed to be cold and snowy! Instead, it’ll be temperatures in the mid-80s F (28 to 33 C) and I’ll be warm. Oh; the sacrifices I have to make! Melia and I didn’t discuss what we’ll be having for Christmas Dinner, but even if it’s just peanut butter sandwiches, it will be a great celebration. I’m looking forward to it.

One thing I’m hoping is that this trip will kick start me into exercising more. I don’t know why, but I’ve had a very strong resistance to doing anything other than sitting on my fat ass. I used to love going to the gym; now, I just can’t push myself to go, even though I’ve got a free membership with Silver Sneakers. Being at the farm will offer me ample opportunity to get out and go for walks with Titan, at the very least. Also, Melia told me she’s joined a gym in Gatton because it has a pool and she loves to swim. If that means she can bring a guest, then I might get back into working out. If not, I’m pretty sure that the price to join is reasonable enough that I can afford it. I’m really tired of being such a lard ball. I’d like to lose a bit of excess fat (that will frost Badweb’s pet troll, Alf’s butt).

So; my main objective for today is to go by the Postal Orifice and get them to hold my mail until I get back. I have to test my blood this afternoon and remember to pack the tester in my bag. I also have to swing by David’s shop and get one more box so that I can pack all the little toys and hopefully, they’ll survive the trip.

Tomorrow, I have to fast and go get my physical and have my blood drawn. That means no coffee in the morning! I’ll be getting a cup as soon as I leave the Doctor’s, though.

I know that there’s something else I want to do, but I can’t think of it, right now. When I do think of it, I’ll write it down; otherwise, I’ll forget it again.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1460C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: XL1200R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, John, the plan comes together and you’ll soon be winging your way across the Pacific. Something I know sucks. I crossed to Korea in a Redtail and got tired of sleeping, yep took forever. However return trip was military transport, small canvas chairs, 16 across facing backwards, no windows, no peanuts. Fly from Seoul to Anchorage then to Dover Delaware. Caught a cab to Baltimore and flew standby to Detroit. Don’t wish that on anyone but my cost for the trip was $26.00. Wish you the best on your excursion!
I.B.A.#26543, Growing old-Mandatory/ Growing up-optional. Men do not quit playing because they get old, they get old because they stop playing!

The XL Forum Sportsterpedia:
http://sportsterpedia.com/doku.php/start
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1250s,tax paid
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
kkbii has a brilliant futurekkbii has a brilliant futurekkbii has a brilliant futurekkbii has a brilliant futurekkbii has a brilliant futurekkbii has a brilliant futurekkbii has a brilliant futurekkbii has a brilliant futurekkbii has a brilliant futurekkbii has a brilliant futurekkbii has a brilliant future

I know that feeling of excitement before a trip. Hope you have a great time.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200c
harley506d has a reputation beyond reputeharley506d has a reputation beyond reputeharley506d has a reputation beyond reputeharley506d has a reputation beyond reputeharley506d has a reputation beyond reputeharley506d has a reputation beyond reputeharley506d has a reputation beyond reputeharley506d has a reputation beyond reputeharley506d has a reputation beyond reputeharley506d has a reputation beyond reputeharley506d has a reputation beyond repute

A proper chapter in "Crusty's travels" !
Have a great time John, and a Merry Xmas!
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
Bow only has a reputation beyond reputeBow only has a reputation beyond reputeBow only has a reputation beyond reputeBow only has a reputation beyond reputeBow only has a reputation beyond reputeBow only has a reputation beyond reputeBow only has a reputation beyond reputeBow only has a reputation beyond reputeBow only has a reputation beyond reputeBow only has a reputation beyond reputeBow only has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy your trip John. I don't think one could be much more excited.
No matter how much you prepare, you will surely forget something, happens to me every time.
We'll save ya some of this cold crappy weather for your return home.
Have fun my friend.

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk
Old 3 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883/1200 Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 1995
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 11 RK
Other Motorcycle Model: 72 Triumph Daytona
ChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond repute

I'm happy for you. Sounds like you have the trip planned well. Just don't do what my sister did on a trip to France.

She planned every detail. She had reams of paper print outs of all the things to do. She drove 7 hours to Boston and one hour before her flight, she realized she left her passport home!
Old 3 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

I have my passport in my carry on bag, already. On Wednesday, I'll take it out of the bag and put it in my pocket and keep it there.