The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE FORUM > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)
XLF Blogs XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) For 2007 and above Sportsters

Active Threads
0 Minnesota denied federal aid
Last Post: Folkie
Posted On: 1 Minute Ago
Replies: 3
Views: 20
0 Air filter Q
Last Post: Billy1200
Posted On: 1 Minute Ago
Replies: 0
Views: 1
0 Recent 1275 Dyno Tune
Last Post: SLW210
Posted On: 5 Minutes Ago
Replies: 18
Views: 188
0 Mikuni Knock Off "REVEALED" !!!
Last Post: Maxeffort
Posted On: 8 Minutes Ago
Replies: 8
Views: 307
0 Can’t go over 70mph
Last Post: SLW210
Posted On: 24 Minutes Ago
Replies: 14
Views: 278
0 Official XL Forum Random Image Thread (NO NUDITY!)
Last Post: Stairman
Posted On: 34 Minutes Ago
Replies: 47,799
Views: 7,661,752
0 Tranny oil
Last Post: Billy1200
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Replies: 17
Views: 393
0 Hottie of the day, no nudity.
Last Post: Stairman
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Replies: 20,221
Views: 2,064,594
0 You asked for it! "The Tess' Coffee Thread"
Last Post: sportytrace
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 11,060
Views: 1,006,328
0 Cycle Cover for Sportster
Last Post: bordens
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Views: 285
0 ....1
Last Post: Highly-Dangerous
Posted On: 6 Hours Ago
Replies: 5,597
Views: 325,015
0 KT - 2020 - Where Eagles Dare
Last Post: IXL2Relax
Posted On: 6 Hours Ago
Replies: 52
Views: 10,545
0 Sportster Fork Upgrade
Last Post: PetesPonies
Posted On: 8 Hours Ago
Replies: 85
Views: 16,374
0 Keep & Kill
Last Post: Crusty
Posted On: 9 Hours Ago
Replies: 17,590
Views: 1,020,110
0 73 XL 1000 Sportster - SOLENOID BYPASS
Last Post: 4th of July
Replies: 6
Views: 181
0 theNeckerCube's Problems (Exhaust, Carb, … ?)
Last Post: sportsterpaul
Replies: 2,451
Views: 157,411
0 Mid Glide width?
Last Post: sml1226
Views: 34
0 How many miles do you have on your rubbermount?
Posted On: 10 Hours Ago
Replies: 466
Views: 93,091
0 Iree's late night cafe
Last Post: NLXL
Replies: 1,605
Views: 214,218
0 Roads I'd like to ride.
Last Post: Graywolf
Replies: 3,133
Views: 292,141
0 How many miles are on your sporty?
Replies: 1,217
Views: 319,560
0 Oh these college kids
Posted On: 11 Hours Ago
Replies: 19
Views: 1,903
0 Parts
Replies: 7
Views: 263
0 Hot Chicks on Hot Bikes
Last Post: trainman
Replies: 10,825
Views: 2,078,060
0 ooops
Last Post: roadmut
Posted On: 12 Hours Ago
Views: 58
0 Hot Rods, Rat Rods, and Customs.
Last Post: Maxeffort
Posted On: 13 Hours Ago
Replies: 4,120
Views: 582,833
0 Shovster build take2
Last Post: RicThompson
Replies: 24
Views: 713
0 Rubber mount gas tank part
Last Post: IXL2Relax
Views: 243
0 ultima install without VOES
Last Post: ryder rick
Replies: 8
Views: 226
0 Current projects (2 of them anyway)
Last Post: Ferrous Head
Posted On: 14 Hours Ago
Replies: 54
Views: 2,137
More...
Members Birthdays
mbsales (73), loopback (61), HHahn001 (51), NHXJer (46)

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th May 2020
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster iron 883>1275
Sportster/Buell Year: 2016
Ghostdog is a name known to allGhostdog is a name known to allGhostdog is a name known to allGhostdog is a name known to allGhostdog is a name known to allGhostdog is a name known to allGhostdog is a name known to allGhostdog is a name known to allGhostdog is a name known to allGhostdog is a name known to allGhostdog is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrkdWS6 View Post
I’ll be interested to see what you think about those Reaper cams. My buddy has them in his bike and I’ve never heard of anyone else running them. I tuned the bike and have ridden it countless times and they’re quite unimpressive to me. At one point we had identically modded bikes, only single difference being the cams and my bike was noticeable stronger with the JH 570s.

Compared to the N4s, you’ll be pushing the IVC a tick further out (will come on the cams a hair later in the rpm band), gaining a lil lift but giving up a lot of overlap. 10:1 is a little soft for a 48 IVC but it’ll work. I don’t mean to throw you off your plan, I just wanted to share because I think there’s better options that may make you happier. At end of the day the sample size is small, you may like them for all I know.
I wish I could use the jk 570 cams , I’d love too but not with my heads , Hammer said no about that a few times already because of tdc clearence. , I really like the n4’s that i have in there now but Hammer also warned about the clearance that they may be on the ragged edge when used with 883 heads for my combo .I think That’s why I figured I’d try the fueling .... hmmm �� interesting . Mabey. Should just leave the n4’s in there and just add the bronze oil pump gear since the n4’s have a lot more overlap than the fuelings . I’m still trying to get enough cash together to send my spare 883 heads out to Hammer and have the smash headwork done . . I’m almost there . Then that will be it for awhile and I’ll just enjoy it from there .thank you for the heads up , I’m going to send my fueling cams back When they arrive Wednesday. Maybe I’ll just take the refund and put it towards my head being sent out. If hammer happens to read this Aaron or Dan Please feel free to chime in as well. Thank you guys for the response and the help it’s always appreciated
Old 26th May 2020
Greasemonkey

Ghostdog is a name known to allGhostdog is a name known to allGhostdog is a name known to allGhostdog is a name known to allGhostdog is a name known to allGhostdog is a name known to allGhostdog is a name known to allGhostdog is a name known to allGhostdog is a name known to allGhostdog is a name known to allGhostdog is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswracing View Post
Undervalved motors love overlap ....
Just leave the n4’s in there and send the fuelings back rite? The n4’s definitely have a bunch more overlap that’s for sure . I’ve been getting away with them so far and it’s definitely fun to ride .
Old 26th May 2020
Dazed & Confused

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2017
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW R9T
Other Motorcycle Year: 2015
Tomcatt has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdog View Post
Just leave the n4’s in there and send the fuelings back rite? The n4’s definitely have a bunch more overlap that’s for sure . I’ve been getting away with them so far and it’s definitely fun to ride .
If you like how the N4's run save the $$$'s and leave them in. You're getting away with running them but it's gotta be REALLY close. No point putting in the Fueling cams. Less duration, more lobe separation, less overlap. They're not gonna be an improvement.
Old 26th May 2020
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH1000
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1979
wrkdWS6 has a reputation beyond reputewrkdWS6 has a reputation beyond reputewrkdWS6 has a reputation beyond reputewrkdWS6 has a reputation beyond reputewrkdWS6 has a reputation beyond reputewrkdWS6 has a reputation beyond reputewrkdWS6 has a reputation beyond reputewrkdWS6 has a reputation beyond reputewrkdWS6 has a reputation beyond reputewrkdWS6 has a reputation beyond reputewrkdWS6 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdog View Post
I wish I could use the jk 570 cams , I’d love too but not with my heads , Hammer said no about that a few times already because of tdc clearence. , I really like the n4’s that i have in there now but Hammer also warned about the clearance that they may be on the ragged edge when used with 883 heads for my combo .I think That’s why I figured I’d try the fueling .... hmmm �� interesting . Mabey. Should just leave the n4’s in there and just add the bronze oil pump gear since the n4’s have a lot more overlap than the fuelings . I’m still trying to get enough cash together to send my spare 883 heads out to Hammer and have the smash headwork done . . I’m almost there . Then that will be it for awhile and I’ll just enjoy it from there .thank you for the heads up , I’m going to send my fueling cams back When they arrive Wednesday. Maybe I’ll just take the refund and put it towards my head being sent out. If hammer happens to read this Aaron or Dan Please feel free to chime in as well. Thank you guys for the response and the help it’s always appreciated
I think that’s a good plan! I really don’t think there’s anything be gained from those Reapers cams versus what you have now (honestly think you’d go in the wrong direction) so putting that money into the head work sounds like a great option to me especially since you’re happy with the N4s. I know the lift is a little low on em but sounds like you’re a bit limited there. If they clear ok with the heads after being worked over and whatnot I vote to keep them.
Old 26th May 2020
Greasemonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrkdWS6 View Post
I think that’s a good plan! I really don’t think there’s anything be gained from those Reapers cams versus what you have now (honestly think you’d go in the wrong direction) so putting that money into the head work sounds like a great option to me especially since you’re happy with the N4s. I know the lift is a little low on em but sounds like you’re a bit limited there. If they clear ok with the heads after being worked over and whatnot I vote to keep them.
Thank you and the n4’s are treating me well I do like them compared to the w cams . I think I’ll take your advice and do exactly that . I may loose a little when I send them back i’m sure they’ll charge me some kind of restocking fee because it was my mistake. But that’s OK I’ll take the leftover and put it in my funds toward some smash headwork👍 Definitely appreciate all the responses and help from you guys