The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > Product Reviews
XLF Blogs XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Product Reviews Here is where you can write up your own review of bikes, parts, or accessories.

Please do not post problems in here unless replying to a review. Please post problems with specific parts or accessories in their respective forum topics.

Active Threads
0 Best seat for long rides
Last Post: Glamazon
Posted On: 11 Minutes Ago
Replies: 126
Views: 27,886
0 Keep & Kill
Last Post: Graywolf
Posted On: 12 Minutes Ago
Replies: 14,715
Views: 824,004
0 Hottie of the day, no nudity.
Last Post: Stairman
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Replies: 15,469
Views: 1,493,227
0 Official XL Forum Random Image Thread (NO NUDITY!)
Last Post: Stairman
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Replies: 45,745
Views: 7,240,892
0 Repairing Cylinder Studs/Cases
Last Post: Hippysmack
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 84
Views: 1,771
0 worth it to do more than stage 1
Last Post: NLXL
Replies: 13
Views: 408
0 Crusty's Travels
Last Post: Crusty
Replies: 2,666
Views: 365,181
0 More oil return questions
Last Post: thefrenchowl
Replies: 7
Views: 398
0 2nd place in a Mileage Contest
Last Post: Ireeman
Posted On: 3 Hours Ago
Replies: 5
Views: 117
0 Hybrid ceramic wheel bearings
Last Post: Ireeman
Posted On: 3 Hours Ago
Replies: 7
Views: 394
0 Bought a '74 today.
Last Post: harley506d
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Replies: 1
Views: 65
0 I'm baaaack LOL
Last Post: RDHenley
Posted On: 5 Hours Ago
Replies: 6
Views: 242
0 HSR Mikuni cable spring
Last Post: rocketmangb
Posted On: 6 Hours Ago
Replies: 3
Views: 67
0 Keep the V&H head pipes or go stock?
Last Post: 84cj
Posted On: 7 Hours Ago
Replies: 4
Views: 233
0 Tools for a '74 Ironhead
Last Post: Laser Nick
Posted On: 8 Hours Ago
Replies: 5
Views: 129
0 2016 Sportster 1200 Custom No Stage information
Last Post: n7rap
Posted On: 9 Hours Ago
Replies: 2
Views: 118
0 Leineweber camshaft
Last Post: Ferrous Head
Posted On: 10 Hours Ago
Replies: 42
Views: 1,561
0 Rubbermounts, Stock VS Drag Spec
Last Post: 60Gunner
Posted On: 10 Hours Ago
Replies: 1
Views: 116
0 ARCH motorcycles and more
Last Post: NLXL
Posted On: 11 Hours Ago
Replies: 6
Views: 169
0 Rewire with Thunderheat. Getting horn, back brake and back light, nothing else
Last Post: Roane
Posted On: 13 Hours Ago
Replies: 42
Views: 2,483
0 Hello from Seattle
Last Post: racemoto
Posted On: 14 Hours Ago
Replies: 17
Views: 799
0 1986-90 Evo Sportsters: What every owner should know but were afraid to ask
Last Post: lehel
Posted On: 14 Hours Ago
Replies: 374
Views: 48,995
0 Hydro Clutch
Last Post: 11B40
Posted On: 15 Hours Ago
Replies: 23
Views: 2,630
0 Plastic Printing - A R&D Short-Cut
Last Post: DK Custom
Posted On: 16 Hours Ago
Replies: 12
Views: 448
0 Ride Report w/ 100's of Photos & Video - 8 States, 2 Countries & 2 Big Surprises
Replies: 34
Views: 1,538
0 SBS Project - Sportster Chop w/ Lots of Photo's
Replies: 300
Views: 84,317
0 2012 883 miss that comes and goes
Last Post: rzirasch
Replies: 0
Views: 46
0 Why I don't have a HID Headlight Poll
Last Post: 60Gunner
Replies: 150
Views: 39,381
0 Range With EFI 4.5 Gal Tank
Last Post: Toejam503
Posted On: 17 Hours Ago
Replies: 146
Views: 63,449
0 Roland Sands Tracker exhaust
Last Post: Doc45
Posted On: 17 Hours Ago
Replies: 0
Views: 56
More...
Members Birthdays
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st December 2015
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 2005 883R
maurino17 is a name known to allmaurino17 is a name known to allmaurino17 is a name known to allmaurino17 is a name known to allmaurino17 is a name known to allmaurino17 is a name known to allmaurino17 is a name known to allmaurino17 is a name known to allmaurino17 is a name known to allmaurino17 is a name known to allmaurino17 is a name known to all

Hi Ironbel
I don't know the exact answer but DK has a video on their site of gutting and modifying stock pipes and using their inserts and it sounds pretty decent.
Old 1st January 2016
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Iron
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Ironbel is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah...i saw that...really like the result...but they do not say anything about swapping out the intake or fuelmanagement...
Old 1st January 2016
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883C
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHX
Other Motorcycle Year: 2007
Ultrarunner has much to be proud ofUltrarunner has much to be proud ofUltrarunner has much to be proud ofUltrarunner has much to be proud ofUltrarunner has much to be proud ofUltrarunner has much to be proud ofUltrarunner has much to be proud ofUltrarunner has much to be proud ofUltrarunner has much to be proud ofUltrarunner has much to be proud ofUltrarunner has much to be proud of

I installed the inserts in my 09 883c about 4 months ago in stock pipes. I was told there was no need to worry about EFI, and I have had no issues. The sound is pretty decent, but I noticed no change in performance.
Old 9th January 2016
Biker

The TTI W158 set is on it's way to Belgium.... I couldn't wait so i have started working on my stock pipes already....

This is how the bike looks now

For the preparations

Some cutting...

Back on the bike...

Damn...this is loud...but when I ride it I really notice a loss in power and torque...
I can't wait for the W158 to arrive so I can find out for myself what all the fuss is about ;-)
Old 11th January 2016
XL Forum Gold Supporting Vendor

Sportster/Buell Model: 883L
DK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbel View Post
The TTI W158 set is on it's way to Belgium.... I couldn't wait so i have started working on my stock pipes already....

This is how the bike looks now

For the preparations

Some cutting...

Back on the bike...

Damn...this is loud...but when I ride it I really notice a loss in power and torque...
I can't wait for the W158 to arrive so I can find out for myself what all the fuss is about ;-)
Looking good! I believe you will enjoy the extra power, all thru the RPM band, and hopefully you will like the sound also!

Skip to the end of this video and you will hear what it will sound like...also, you can do small rotations in the TTI's to get a bit different sound and move the torque around on the RPM band.

To your question about fuel management...if you still have your stock air cleaner, no need to do anything. If you are running a free flowing A/C and no have opened up the pipes, then it is best to run at least an XiED product, or FP3 or Power Vision. Check this LINK to see more details.

Kevin

Click HERE - Ride Report Cabot Trail, Newfoundland Island & More

www.DKCustom.com
Phone: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com
DK Custom YouTube Videos
Instagram.com/dkcustomproducts
Lots of Photo's at Pinterest

Last edited by DK Custom; 11th January 2016 at 00:12..
Old 9th February 2016
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Xl883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2016
Slider22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to jack the thread but I had a fitnent question I called Dk customs today and spoke to kesley and she recommend the 118w for my 3" slip on with 2" baffles and said if i took out the baffles then the 158w would be better but I thought the 158w would work as well ? I was looking for a deeper tone with lowering the decibels just a tad bit.
Old 11th February 2016
Biker

OK, finally.... No rain...no freezing cold...
At long last i can go for a ride and test out the TTI.....and after a two houd ride...is this my review...

First of all, i have bought from DK customs before...and they really rock! Just 7 days after my order i had 'em in my hand... All the way from the US of A to rainy Belgium. Thumbs up for that guys.

Then the placement... It really is as easy as stealing candy from a baby. I idd al the work with onlny a dremel and Some wrenches...o yeah...and a drill.
I installed the TTI's with the threaded bolt towards the engine, About 1 1/5 inch from the muffler end.

OK... For the result.... When i've cut out the guts from the mufflers i took the bike out for a run... The sound was loud....damn it was loud! And it wasn't too bad either, i could live with that sound...so so far i was happy. Then for the ride... There was a loss in power... Not dramaticly but noticeble.
Now with the inserts... It's still loud! Yeah baby....and even better...the sound is deeper. Roadtest... First gear....i do not notice a vertelt big increase in power, actually i do not notice anything.... Then i kick iT into second gear and crank open the throttle... Damn... It was all true... Definit more power in the lower rpm's even in the mids.

i love that bike even more now.... I never thought i could have a bike that sounds like a real Harley and rides great without having to spend a small fortune. I have waited way too long....
Old 2nd November 2019
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883 Standard
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
boomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond repute

From above,
" I can ride in 4th instead of 3rd at 35-40mph with no bogging or coughing, and the power delivery is smooth and linear. Its a whole different bike. I actually was able to wind it out through 4th for the first time ever, and it sounds amazing. It may be loud for some, but the harshness is gone, no drone, and it accentuates the potato/potato sound. I can't believe how much better the bike runs now. I haven't touched the carb or did anything else to the bike."
This is exactly what I was looking for. Such a simple procedure at such a low price to give that much improvement is amazing. I've been watching some of the videos from the DKC website and reviews and I'm sold. I ordered a set for my 2005 stock XL883 and plan to remove the baffles and install the TTI 158 set. The increased torque and "deeper voice" without too much volume is what I'm after. I'll post my results but it may be a while with the cool weather invading. We went straight from summer to winter...AGAIN.
Sponsored Links