The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE FORUM > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985)
XLF Blogs XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985) For all those that wanna talk about Ironhead Sportster Motorcycles

Active Threads
0 Hot Chicks on Hot Bikes
Last Post: Graywolf
Posted On: 14 Minutes Ago
Replies: 10,436
Views: 1,837,382
0 Highest mileage EVO you'd buy.
Last Post: Maxeffort
Posted On: 43 Minutes Ago
Replies: 3
Views: 46
0 Poll: Do you change tires yourself?
Last Post: Stairman
Posted On: 44 Minutes Ago
Replies: 127
Views: 31,015
0 Crusty's Travels
Last Post: SonWon
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Replies: 2,656
Views: 359,281
0 stress killer
Last Post: Nibelungen
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Replies: 372
Views: 65,783
0 Transformer XR1200
Last Post: Davo_137
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 175
Views: 13,856
0 Official XL Forum Random Image Thread (NO NUDITY!)
Last Post: Davo_137
Replies: 45,694
Views: 7,221,543
0 Hottie of the day, no nudity.
Last Post: Stairman
Replies: 15,357
Views: 1,474,752
0 hi all
Last Post: Ireeman
Replies: 12
Views: 287
0 So, anyone wanna talk flat track???
Replies: 104
Views: 12,353
0 My take on the world ~ Photo by Trace
Replies: 964
Views: 126,438
0 Sportster weak lifter - what does it sound like?
Last Post: ironmanx
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Replies: 0
Views: 37
0 Keep & Kill
Last Post: Crusty
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Replies: 14,611
Views: 816,554
0 Sportster Crankcase Pressure / Engine Breathing / Wetsumping and Mods
Last Post: Hippysmack
Posted On: 7 Hours Ago
Replies: 898
Views: 40,585
0 XL IR EFI to those that asked
Last Post: Iron Mike
Posted On: 8 Hours Ago
Replies: 42
Views: 2,846
0 supply oil line seeping
Last Post: hammer6315
Posted On: 8 Hours Ago
Replies: 7
Views: 302
0 1982 XLH 1000 With 23 Original Miles
Last Post: Iron Mike
Posted On: 9 Hours Ago
Replies: 13
Views: 762
0 Hybrid ceramic wheel bearings
Last Post: NGOT8R
Posted On: 11 Hours Ago
Views: 48
0 What did you do for your sporty Today?
Replies: 6,511
Views: 861,176
0 Wanna build a cheap big bore stroker ?
Last Post: Ferrous Head
Replies: 37
Views: 1,401
0 Repairing Cylinder Studs/Cases
Replies: 1
Views: 126
0 Vance & Hines VO2 Naked Intake installed
Last Post: Folkie
Replies: 2
Views: 2,311
0 2005 xl883 to Hammer Perf. 1275 timing questions
Last Post: hexnut
Posted On: 12 Hours Ago
Replies: 35
Views: 684
0 New Member and a question
Replies: 7
Views: 391
0 3.5" straight riser
Last Post: sportsterpaul
Replies: 1
Views: 65
0 Speedometer Interchangeability Between Different Generations.
Last Post: denguy
Replies: 4
Views: 168
0 77 XLH Starting issues no needle bearing in primary?
Last Post: MadMike_1126
Posted On: 13 Hours Ago
Views: 48
0 Starter bushing/bearing install in primary cover
Last Post: MadMike_1126
Posted On: 13 Hours Ago
Replies: 19
Views: 5,699
0 Keep the V&H head pipes or go stock?
Last Post: 84cj
Posted On: 14 Hours Ago
Views: 40
0 question for our machinists
Posted On: 14 Hours Ago
Replies: 14
Views: 724
More...
Members Birthdays
Mr. Lynn (73), dentat2 (49), OWNED13 (46), knolan.smith (41), Malicious44 (34)
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th September 2018
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLX
Sportster/Buell Year: 83
Sportster/Buell Year #2: xlh
SHAKY DAVE is a name known to allSHAKY DAVE is a name known to allSHAKY DAVE is a name known to allSHAKY DAVE is a name known to allSHAKY DAVE is a name known to allSHAKY DAVE is a name known to allSHAKY DAVE is a name known to allSHAKY DAVE is a name known to allSHAKY DAVE is a name known to allSHAKY DAVE is a name known to allSHAKY DAVE is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah man View Post
umm, you broke your head open and still rode your bike home!?
first real bad one happened july 19.said I had a stroke or something while I was ridin up river like I did most every sunday to clean up my beach,drink 2 beers and sit in the water for awhile.rode back to mcnallys burger stand(a little over a mile)down river,ate a burger,talked to a good friends 45 year old son,and took off for home.10 minuets after I left a guy came jamming into mcnallys and said there was a real bad mc accident.granted I don't remember any of this.a Tulare county cop took me to the kern valley hospital.the next day they took me down to kern hospital in Bakersfield where they put me in a coma because of massive broken skull,lt eye docket,a massive concussion and massiove brain injury.i'm getting tired of trying to one finger type so i'll finish this tomarrow.the wheel,spokes and left caliper happened a month after I left the crappy rehab hospital I was in.
Old 29th September 2018
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

SHAKY DAVE is a name known to allSHAKY DAVE is a name known to allSHAKY DAVE is a name known to allSHAKY DAVE is a name known to allSHAKY DAVE is a name known to allSHAKY DAVE is a name known to allSHAKY DAVE is a name known to allSHAKY DAVE is a name known to allSHAKY DAVE is a name known to allSHAKY DAVE is a name known to allSHAKY DAVE is a name known to all

well i'm back.spent 2 1/2 weeks in a coma,woke up in a real shitty rehab kern hospital in south Bakersfield.a few days to wake up and realizing how bad this place was spent a week and a half there total.friend picked me up and spent about a week at home on the couch,eating,sleeping and watchin tv,neighbors and friends helpin and checking on me.dident even check the bike in the garage(friend lou got it out of impound,550.00 2 days).after walking a bit,looking at the bike,making,i started standing in the garage,taking parts off the race bike,ebay is the best for other parts after 2 weeks home I fired it up.woo hoo,music to my ears.took a 20 mile ride the next day up the hill to wooford heights to see my good friend roger gates and his wife.he was postin my 4 times death accident on competition plus which was picked up yellowbullet.com my favorite website.l.t.started a shaky dave thread,14 pages,check out those pages.trash or be trashed on the bullet and the first page on comp plus.been out of the hospital now for a little over 2 months.i'll finish it up tomarrow if my brain damage lets me
Old 30th September 2018
Rider Of The Iron Steed

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1978
IronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond repute

Dave, you are a walking-talking [or perhaps stumbling-mumbling? ] testament to the strength of the human spirit. Keep on keepin' on, eh!

Visit Mick's WebSite
[And Check Out My Autobiog]
Old 2nd October 2018
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

well you got it mick.been out of the hospital 2 months now.brain works sometimes,sometime not so goodi don't know how much longer I can take this.oh well,got an appointment for 2 clinics on the 25th,one for skull,one for brain at west l.a. VA.hopefully get better.ridin now I can do better then walking or talking.heck I one finger this stuff on my computer better then talking or memory.cant believe it.willy you should figure out how to put this all on a thread in our section.i still need a clutch lever perch and a left caliper for my dual disc front wheel.good thing i'm still riding.just a little slower now until I get a new front tire
Old 3rd October 2018
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

thanks for creating this mick.feelin a bit better now
Old 3rd October 2018
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883H/1200H
Sportster/Buell Year: '96
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLCH 1000 w/elec. leg too
Sportster/Buell Year #2: '72
sportysrock has a reputation beyond reputesportysrock has a reputation beyond reputesportysrock has a reputation beyond reputesportysrock has a reputation beyond reputesportysrock has a reputation beyond reputesportysrock has a reputation beyond reputesportysrock has a reputation beyond reputesportysrock has a reputation beyond reputesportysrock has a reputation beyond reputesportysrock has a reputation beyond reputesportysrock has a reputation beyond repute

Dave you are an inspiration to read about. Best of luck in your recovery. I wish I had something for you.

Sent with :-)
Political Correctness never killed any terrorists.
Old 3rd October 2018
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 1991
John Harper has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Harper has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Harper has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Harper has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Harper has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Harper has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Harper has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Harper has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Harper has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Harper has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Harper has a reputation beyond repute

You had a stroke while you were riding? OMG, what a horrible thing to happen. I hope you get plenty of rest and rehab for your injuries. I don't have any spare parts, but I wish you all the best. Were you riding up along the Kern River? Such a beautiful area, been there several times flyfishing.

John
Old 3rd October 2018
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Harper View Post
You had a stroke while you were riding? OMG, what a horrible thing to happen. I hope you get plenty of rest and rehab for your injuries. I don't have any spare parts, but I wish you all the best. Were you riding up along the Kern River? Such a beautiful area, been there several times flyfishing.

John
yeah john,i live in lake Isabella and was up the kern river at least every weekend to clean my beach and stop at mcnallys for one of the best burgers in the world.and of coarse I remember nuthin.where are you from?by the way,i don't fish,hahaha
Sponsored Links
Old 11th October 2018
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

been a few days since I been here.sore from work.me and my busness partned are building a Porsche 914 with a small block 383 chevy motor and a 2015 7 speed Porsche racing trans and way too many body mods and build ons to go on here.wears mr out big time but at least i'm ridin now everyday.va on the 25th to the skull and brain clinics.how long who knows but this brain damage is the worst.worse now that the mornings are getting colder.afternoons are a lot better but i'm wrapped up in the am.going to shower and rest now.even 4 hours of work a day are kickin my ass.
Old 12th October 2018
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200L
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2009
BKB has a reputation beyond reputeBKB has a reputation beyond reputeBKB has a reputation beyond reputeBKB has a reputation beyond reputeBKB has a reputation beyond reputeBKB has a reputation beyond reputeBKB has a reputation beyond reputeBKB has a reputation beyond reputeBKB has a reputation beyond reputeBKB has a reputation beyond reputeBKB has a reputation beyond repute

My cousin's husband had a stroke while riding. Crashed hard, splitting his helmet open, resulting in the medics not realizing he'd had a stroke which caused the crash. He was 70 at the time of the stroke & it took him about 5 years, but he's made a nearly full recovery. There is hope. Keep at it. If you're already working & riding, after a few months, you're doing well. Heck, it took me 4 months to get back to riding & all I got from my crash was a half dozen broken bones & a punctured lung.