The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > FORUM FUNCTIONS > Sportsterpedia.com Admin
XLF Blogs XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportsterpedia.com Admin For discussion regarding the administration of the Sportster Wiki.

Active Threads
0 In case you have not seen Harley-Davidson's New Business Plan-
Last Post: robbie202
Posted On: 12 Minutes Ago
Replies: 9
Views: 304
0 Knowing weather you can ride
Last Post: ZCarFan
Posted On: 16 Minutes Ago
Replies: 8
Views: 112
0 Rubbermount oil consumption poll
Last Post: SLW210
Posted On: 17 Minutes Ago
Replies: 225
Views: 108,986
0 What brand synthetic oil do you use
Last Post: 60Gunner
Posted On: 18 Minutes Ago
Replies: 461
Views: 114,787
0 new to me 883
Posted On: 25 Minutes Ago
Replies: 12
Views: 352
0 Official XL Forum Random Image Thread (NO NUDITY!)
Last Post: Graywolf
Posted On: 32 Minutes Ago
Replies: 46,360
Views: 7,367,599
0 C.O.B.B. CBD oil
Posted On: 35 Minutes Ago
Replies: 25
Views: 1,297
0 Hottie of the day, no nudity.
Last Post: Stairman
Posted On: 36 Minutes Ago
Replies: 16,790
Views: 1,661,360
0 New member
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Views: 101
2 My 1275 Hammer Conversion..
Last Post: Highly-Dangerous
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Replies: 81
Views: 3,218
0 su carb question
Last Post: harley506d
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 6
Views: 147
0 `83 XLX rebuid and questions thread
Last Post: spamer80
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 275
Views: 25,049
0 Checking slow jet is correct size
Last Post: Billy1200
Posted On: 3 Hours Ago
Replies: 7
Views: 121
0 Roadster CX Cafe Build
Last Post: Highly-Dangerous
Posted On: 3 Hours Ago
Replies: 14
Views: 454
14 Mid controls??
Last Post: Nicktree1200
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Views: 217
0 Best Street/track Camshaft for boost, help??? :)
Last Post: Jens L
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Replies: 0
Views: 37
0 Frame bracket
Last Post: Bwf347
Posted On: 8 Hours Ago
Replies: 6
Views: 218
0 Dyno Run, V&H straight shots vs. Screamin' Eagles
Last Post: 60Gunner
Posted On: 9 Hours Ago
Replies: 51
Views: 41,714
0 Headlight help please
Last Post: PetesPonies
Posted On: 10 Hours Ago
Replies: 10
Views: 327
0 Analysis results on my run of Rotella T
Last Post: TUCCI
Posted On: 10 Hours Ago
Replies: 106
Views: 31,290
0 tire changer
Posted On: 11 Hours Ago
Replies: 3
Views: 281
0 Ve tables for iron 883 with 1250 conversion
Last Post: Bikeaholic
Replies: 5
Views: 185
0 06 Roadster. Any problems? What’s it worth?
Views: 204
0 Why cafe a sportster?
Last Post: TUCCI
Replies: 268
Views: 87,747
0 New to the Chopper Lyfe
Last Post: Bigshankhank
Replies: 35
Views: 3,255
0 Anyone put a mechanical speedo drive on the rear wheel?
Last Post: xl883lo
Replies: 5
Views: 1,345
0 Wtb--1967--1972 xlh
Last Post: Doc308
Posted On: 13 Hours Ago
Replies: 3
Views: 62
0 Hot Rods, Rat Rods, and Customs.
Replies: 3,944
Views: 518,045
0 PLEASE READ THIS Before You Post In 'The BUY - SELL - TRADE Zone'!
Last Post: Folkie
Replies: 1
Views: 375
0 Getting ready to try firing it up after a year long rebuid
Last Post: nychopper
Replies: 38
Views: 1,204
More...
Members Birthdays
fhilliard (79), paulmo (75), Beloved (49), Mr. Cro (49), Chopper Duke (41), Danny3nose (39)
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th March 2018
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Xl1250S
Sportster/Buell Year: 98
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki Vulcan 500
Other Motorcycle Year: 95
Hippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond repute
Default *Sportsterpedia Gallery*

As many of you may already know, I have begun populating the gallery in the Sportsterpedia. Here is the link to the main page:
http://sportsterpedia.com/doku.php/galleryics-menu
Anybody can contribute to the gallery, new and old.
I’d like to see (hours of) pics here.
The gallery is currently broken down into these sub headings:
......Ironhead Sportster Gallery
......Frame Mount Evo Sportster Gallery
......Rubber Mount Evo Sportster Gallery
......Sportster-based Custom Bikes Gallery
......Sportster Gas Tank Gallery

PICS?..........We need pics to populate the history and gallery sections. You can post pics of your bike or your tank here or better yet in the "Send a Note" thread http://xlforum.net/forums/s....php?t=2039687 which is very helpful to us to be able to keep track of them and make sure they get added to the Sportsterpedia. Since it’s not possible for us to know every detail and color on every tank or bike, it’s very helpful to include this information when sending pics. If you have this info in a XLF thread or in your own website, you can simply send a link to it. I'll try to copy the pics and info. I’d like to show both left and right sides of your bike.

History Section: (Not in the gallery)
Factory (bone stock) bike pics (all years) are needed (preferred) for the history section to show what the different factory models looked like for historical significance. Slight mods may be used but completely stock preferred. Please include year model and any mods added from factory condition. I’d like to show both the left and right sides of each bike if possible.

Gallery Section:
..Theme is ‘‘Let’s see what you have”

......Tanks: This section is just for fuel tank pics and info.
We want to represent all stock year model tanks from 57-present.
And also to showcase non-stock and / or custom graphics in the custom section. Show us what you’ve done. Please include year model tank, stock or modified emblems / decals / paint scheme and any special color(s).

......Sportsters:

Mostly stock, non-stock and radical bike pics will be in the gallery. This is where we get to see the many variations and creative ideas that have been done. Please include the base year model along with mods so we can be sure to represent what you have properly. I’d like to show both the left and right sides of each bike if possible.

Feature Pages for Sportsters:
..Theme is “Let’s see what you have, what parts did it take and how’d you do it”?

I’d like to make the gallery more than a collection of bikes. More of a celebration of what can and has been accomplished while rebuilding, customizing, changing parts, colors etc.

I had an idea of a feature page for each bike which may help others see what changes you’ve made to yours that they may be contemplating. Of course, some changes require other modifications, and some do not. I created a sub page for IXL2Relax’s Sportster (KT) featuring his build from scattered parts to a rideable bike (with his courteous donation of pics and info) here: http://sportsterpedia.com/doku.php/gallery:fmevo1994001
This page is linked from his pics in the frame mount gallery. This is where I’m currently at and I welcome other ideas as well of what can be included in the featured pages.

I’m not sure yet if this would be the best place for engine builds although I’d like to see a section for those as well. However, if you have pics of your bike build including the engine, I’d gladly include it here. It doesn’t have to be a build either. Things like an 07-tank fit on a 97 model, or if you’ve opted for aftermarket rims (what kind, size, bearing / spacer changes) or what different seats look like with a certain year tank / bike.

This is two-fold as it will feature your accomplishments and possibly help others who may be working the same direction. Let’s say you changed bars or tanks or added a luggage rack or had to make some mods work. I, and I’m sure others, would like to know what it took to accomplish.

This has potential to be a huge undertaking and it will require some additional information from you than just pics. More like a ‘How To” thread with pics of the mods on your bike along with detailed descriptions and pics. Info like what year model bike and parts your working with and other additional info that will explain items in your bike pics would be helpful. Ever see in a thread asking what parts will fit on what year models or if a certain year model part will fit a different year model bike, how to go about fitting it or Wow, that’s looks great, how did you do it?

Mods, mods and more mods. I love the look of this speedometer housing and I wanted to see how IXL2Relax made it. http://sportsterpedia.com/doku.php/g..._was_assembled
For aftermarket (and stock also) parts, it would be helpful to others if you have manufacturer names / model numbers and really helpful if you have part numbers.

Feature Page Format:
If you have a thread with this info already, simply send a link to the thread and I’ll try to copy the pics from it if possible.

As in the link above, I’d like to show both left and right sides of your bike and any mods that were made in those pics. I figure up three pics to show your bike with any mods or if it takes more so be it. Don’t be afraid to ‘feature’ certain features but the overall package is important also.
Please also include pics of mods along with what it took to make them.
I’d like to show what makes up your bike including such as engine, seat, turns, wheels, shields, mods .. you tell us you want included. The page in the link above may help jog some memories or get you started.

In Search of Fuel, Sunshine and a Steady Idle.

Last edited by Hippysmack; 30th March 2018 at 05:34..
Old 30th March 2018
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883/1200 Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 1995
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 11 RK
Other Motorcycle Model: 72 Triumph Daytona
ChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond repute

This is an unbelievable wealth of knowledge! Thank you!
Old 31st March 2018
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 883►1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1994
IXL2Relax has disabled reputation

That's a big undertaking - You're working hard to expand the SP to make it an ever better and unique resource for this forum...

Thanks

IXL _ ___ _____ _______ >>>> My Build & Ride Reports Are Here <<<<
Old 31st March 2018
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Xl1250S
Sportster/Buell Year: 98
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki Vulcan 500
Other Motorcycle Year: 95
Hippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just a bone collector. I rather thank this forum and all it's members for the wealth of knowledge here for us to organize into one place and reference when needed.

That may sound cheesy, although not meant that way, but as much as I have researched, I have yet to read even one percent of all the knowledge here.