The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > Dealers, Stealers, Indys and Parts Dealers
XLF Blogs XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Dealers, Stealers, Indys and Parts Dealers Who did good by you and who did bad by you

Active Threads
0 flat earther bites dust trying to prove the earth is flat
Last Post: Crusty
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 4
Views: 123
0 Shifter shaft seal.
Last Post: vagrant318
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 64
Views: 10,815
0 never mind
Last Post: IXL2Relax
Posted On: 3 Hours Ago
Replies: 143
Views: 11,416
0 high milage sportsters
Last Post: glbsportster
Views: 102
0 A tale of two wheels
Last Post: Matt Black
Replies: 2
Views: 57
0 su carb question
Last Post: IronMick
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Replies: 41
Views: 1,329
0 What did you do for your sporty Today?
Last Post: Bryan83taco
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Replies: 6,590
Views: 890,766
0 Who Runs Turn Signals?
Last Post: Gpa
Posted On: 5 Hours Ago
Replies: 365
Views: 76,619
0 Trans corner fix
Last Post: doodah man
Posted On: 5 Hours Ago
Replies: 19
Views: 1,127
0 Too HOT to ride?
Last Post: glbsportster
Posted On: 6 Hours Ago
Replies: 345
Views: 28,038
0 Bike not started for 5 years
Last Post: Racepres
Replies: 5
Views: 190
0 Frankenbrakes
Last Post: Segway
Replies: 10
Views: 195
0 Swingarm bearings - boy I'm glad I looked at them
Last Post: 1Scooter
Posted On: 7 Hours Ago
Replies: 3
Views: 132
0 Bigger rear Pulley
Last Post: kitabel
Posted On: 7 Hours Ago
Views: 78
0 wtb - swingarm pivot locknut
Last Post: jsandidge
Posted On: 8 Hours Ago
Replies: 0
Views: 41
0 Cough and sputter resolved
Posted On: 8 Hours Ago
Replies: 2
Views: 228
0 Modify my dyna 2ki ignition
Last Post: bustert
Posted On: 9 Hours Ago
Views: 189
0 Still having trouble starting the 61xlh
Replies: 6
Views: 315
0 Keep & Kill
Last Post: Crusty
Replies: 15,657
Views: 881,310
0 cleaning method for cases
Last Post: bustert
Replies: 13
Views: 1,271
0 Hottie of the day, no nudity.
Last Post: trainman
Replies: 16,884
Views: 1,675,892
0 Broke my drive belt (Stay With The Belt Or Do A Chain Conversion?)
Last Post: jkinkade
Replies: 92
Views: 24,139
0 photo size
Last Post: stikflote
Posted On: 10 Hours Ago
Replies: 12
Views: 378
0 Stock Shocks/Oil Pump
Last Post: Hippysmack
Replies: 6
Views: 241
2 My 1275 Hammer Conversion..
Last Post: Tomcatt
Replies: 131
Views: 5,894
0 TC88a DIY Power adapter ?
Last Post: Tomcatt
Replies: 23
Views: 1,218
0 Tank Paint Ideas
Last Post: brucstoudt
Replies: 8
Views: 376
0 Iree's late night cafe
Last Post: ~Grind~
Posted On: 11 Hours Ago
Replies: 1,401
Views: 182,216
0 Hello from Northern Alberta
Last Post: Toejam503
Replies: 19
Views: 481
0 Quick brake question...
Last Post: robbie202
Views: 207
More...
Members Birthdays
stroker ace (80), beunme (60)
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th November 2018
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 XLC
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
THEWILDONE has much to be proud ofTHEWILDONE has much to be proud ofTHEWILDONE has much to be proud ofTHEWILDONE has much to be proud ofTHEWILDONE has much to be proud ofTHEWILDONE has much to be proud ofTHEWILDONE has much to be proud ofTHEWILDONE has much to be proud ofTHEWILDONE has much to be proud ofTHEWILDONE has much to be proud ofTHEWILDONE has much to be proud of
Default American Cycle Fab???

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this so mods feel free to move it if necessary.

I have a 37 UL Flathead that has been in need of an overhaul for a few years now. I am only recently financially able to finally purchase the parts I need to get this flathead Harley back on the road.

As some of you may know, the go to source for flatheads, or so I thought, is American Cycle Fab. And after reading about Paul going 180 MPH at Bonneville on a 37 UL flathead I thought this would be the place to purchase my top end parts to complete the rebuild I need to do on this bike. So after talking to Paul on the phone for about half an hour I was impressed that he would speak with me for that long and answer any questions I may have had......

I purchased their Big port 80" cylinders as described on their website:
Big Port - 80" C.I. Cylinders - With 4 Bolt Intake Threads
Cylinder Set - 74" or 80" - $900.00
Port & Flow - $250.00
Valves - Intake - Oversize - $110.00
Valves - Exhaust - Standard - $80.00
Valve Job - $100.00
Pistons & Rings - Honed & Fitted - $230.00
Intake & Nuts - $155.00 = Total - $1,825.00

Denise (Paul's wife) is the one I've been communicating with through text, and the messaging function on their website.

Now here's the developing problem:
On Nov 14 2018 they charged my debit card $1,931.86

They have promised twice now that they would "be shipping the cylinders as they were almost finished"

BOTH times have come and passed and still no parts, no tracking number NOTHING. I have to bombard them with messages to get a reply and so far it's been nothing but promises that are NOT kept.... And phone????? Forget that, they HARDLY EVER answer the phone when I call the shop line and their voicemail is full. Denise's cell phone voicemail is also, you guessed it, FULL.....

I have been polite and respectful but it is absolutely ridiculous that they would charge my card FIRST when they must have known that they were nowehre near ready to ship the parts I paid for..... Now I'm starting to get worried that they may try to xxxx me out of my money since I gave them my card info over the phone the same day I talked with Paul.... I have a receipt they emailed me and the records of text messages but I'm not sure what to do from here? I'm afraid I might have to buy a damn airplane ticket from Oklahoma TO Pennsylvania or drive all the way over there to right this situation.

The last message I sent (which has yet to be replied to) said basically: "Please inform me whats going on, you said you were finishing the cylinders 4 days ago and should have had them shipped yesterday. If this is going to take much longer then PLEASE just give me back my money and cancel the order."

When I get a check from someone for my job I NEVER cash it UNTIL AFTER the job is finished. Anything else just doesn't make sense to me.
Old 25th November 2018
Post no Avatars!

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200S
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH-883D
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1988
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDXT
Other Motorcycle Year: 2001
decman has a reputation beyond reputedecman has a reputation beyond reputedecman has a reputation beyond reputedecman has a reputation beyond reputedecman has a reputation beyond reputedecman has a reputation beyond reputedecman has a reputation beyond reputedecman has a reputation beyond reputedecman has a reputation beyond reputedecman has a reputation beyond reputedecman has a reputation beyond repute

A Google search showed that a lot of folks having the same problem with them.
Do any members in PA live close for a visit to the shop?
Old 26th November 2018
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH1200S
Other Motorcycle Model: Harley Trike FLHTCUTG
Other Motorcycle Year: 2019
koolbreeze is a splendid one to beholdkoolbreeze is a splendid one to beholdkoolbreeze is a splendid one to beholdkoolbreeze is a splendid one to beholdkoolbreeze is a splendid one to beholdkoolbreeze is a splendid one to beholdkoolbreeze is a splendid one to beholdkoolbreeze is a splendid one to beholdkoolbreeze is a splendid one to beholdkoolbreeze is a splendid one to beholdkoolbreeze is a splendid one to behold

If you used a credit card, you can dispute the charge and your credit card company should charge back to the company so your funds get returned. Call your credit card company and explain if you do not get satisfaction from the business.

If you used a Debit Card, that is a whole different story as it works just like cash.
Old 26th November 2018
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Sportster/Buell Model #2: FXLR Low Rider
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2019
SLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbreeze View Post
If you used a credit card, you can dispute the charge and your credit card company should charge back to the company so your funds get returned. Call your credit card company and explain if you do not get satisfaction from the business.

If you used a Debit Card, that is a whole different story as it works just like cash.
Debit cards can also be disputed, if used as a credit card (No PIN) they have to treat disputes under VISA and MasterCard rules for Credit Cards. If used with the PIN as a debit card, banks are still required to investigate the issue.

Just contact your bank.
Old 26th November 2018
Greasemonkey

THEWILDONE has much to be proud ofTHEWILDONE has much to be proud ofTHEWILDONE has much to be proud ofTHEWILDONE has much to be proud ofTHEWILDONE has much to be proud ofTHEWILDONE has much to be proud ofTHEWILDONE has much to be proud ofTHEWILDONE has much to be proud ofTHEWILDONE has much to be proud ofTHEWILDONE has much to be proud ofTHEWILDONE has much to be proud of

Thanks for the replies. I contacted my bank and explained the issue and we feel the best thing in my case is to wait for the 30 day mark and if they haven't shipped them by then, THEN we will file a dispute for the reason being that the goods purchased weren't received.
Old 30th November 2018
Greasemonkey

Went by my bank again today to make sure I'm navigating this treachery correctly. I am told again that the best thing to bolster my case is to wait for the 30 day mark and then file a dispute for the reason "goods purchased were not received"...

My interactions with the bank staff is not exactly confidence inspiring. I'm hoping that by telling the honest to God truth that I simply didn't receive what I paid for that they will refund my money.

I have been given 3 seperate promises from american cycle fab: "We will ship your parts tomorrow" that have all been lies.

They surfaced to reply to my barrage of messages a few days ago and now, radio silence again. My last 7 messages have been ignored. I'm sitting here with my phone dialing their landline repeatedly........ It just rings and rings. Denise has her cell phone turned off also.......

It's looking like my dream of putting my '37 UL back together after years of waiting for the stars to align is yet again, derailed, and worse yet...... My wallet is much lighter for it.

I don't know what to do at this point. Anyone in PA willing to swing by there for me?

I contacted the district attorney there and they referred me to the police department which in turn said I need to contact MY local police department and then, in turn, they will contact the PA police department.
Old 1st December 2018
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1460C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: XL1200R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute

Do it, start the ball rolling through your local police, could save time and grief in the long run. Also, may give them a wake up call when they get a uniformed “knock at the door”. Might be doing others on site a favor as well.
I.B.A.#26543, Growing old-Mandatory/ Growing up-optional. Men do not quit playing because they get old, they get old because they stop playing!

The XL Forum Sportsterpedia:
http://sportsterpedia.com/doku.php/start
Old 3rd December 2018
Chief Know It All

SLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond reputeSLW210 has a reputation beyond repute

You should start here https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...never-received.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...r-received.pdf

You might let the bank know you will also pursue complaints against them.
Old 4th December 2018
Greasemonkey

Got a tracking number today. "Shipment ready for UPS" on the UPS website. I'll post back once I know more.
Sponsored Links
Old 4th December 2018
Chief Know It All

Maybe they read this forum. Hopefully it's all sorted now.

Though that message really just notifies UPS they have a package to be sent, either dropped off or picked up and UPS will issue the tracking number. No sure thing until it gets picked up/dropped off and scanned at a UPS center.