The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > DYNO Charts and Result
XLF Blogs XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

DYNO Charts and Result Post your dyno charts and results here.

Active Threads
0 Leineweber camshaft
Last Post: Maxeffort
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 20
Views: 558
0 Broke my drive belt (Stay With The Belt Or Do A Chain Conversion?)
Last Post: jkinkade
Replies: 86
Views: 22,344
0 Keep & Kill
Last Post: Crusty
Replies: 14,667
Views: 819,282
0 This week on Craig's list
Last Post: ryder rick
Posted On: 3 Hours Ago
Replies: 4,495
Views: 554,221
0 never mind
Last Post: Ireeman
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Replies: 81
Views: 4,165
0 XL IR EFI to those that asked
Last Post: Iron Mike
Replies: 52
Views: 4,184
0 Official XL Forum Random Image Thread (NO NUDITY!)
Last Post: Davo_137
Replies: 45,719
Views: 7,226,482
0 Engine Tune
Last Post: NLXL
Replies: 11
Views: 234
0 Plastic Printing - A R&D Short-Cut
Replies: 3
Views: 98
0 Repairing Cylinder Studs/Cases
Last Post: Blue Scoot
Posted On: 5 Hours Ago
Replies: 74
Views: 1,388
0 Transformer XR1200
Replies: 178
Views: 14,928
0 Locked up rear wheel
Last Post: ferretface
Replies: 55
Views: 3,408
0 Wanna build a cheap big bore stroker ?
Last Post: Ferrous Head
Replies: 40
Views: 1,882
0 Hydro Clutch
Replies: 22
Views: 2,291
0 question for our machinists
Last Post: JonesL
Posted On: 6 Hours Ago
Replies: 23
Views: 1,148
0 Fat Ironhead?
Replies: 7
Views: 325
0 Lets see your off season builds
Last Post: Tinz
Replies: 1,371
Views: 190,244
0 Getting Hammered
Last Post: hexnut
Replies: 31
Views: 736
0 Hottie of the day, no nudity.
Last Post: trainman
Posted On: 7 Hours Ago
Replies: 15,403
Views: 1,481,137
0 `83 XLX rebuid and questions thread
Last Post: spamer80
Posted On: 8 Hours Ago
Replies: 222
Views: 17,917
0 Hot Chicks on Hot Bikes
Last Post: trainman
Posted On: 8 Hours Ago
Replies: 10,444
Views: 1,841,640
0 What did you do for your sporty Today?
Last Post: Nibelungen
Posted On: 9 Hours Ago
Replies: 6,516
Views: 862,403
0 WTB drag pipes for 2001 sporty
Last Post: cycowrencher
Replies: 4
Views: 112
0 2004 1200c rubbermount motor stand
Last Post: flathead45jo
Replies: 0
Views: 44
0 Collapsed lifter??
Last Post: Flame__
Posted On: 10 Hours Ago
Replies: 117
Views: 4,087
0 Dynojet Target Tune and/or autotune with PV
Last Post: NGOT8R
Posted On: 10 Hours Ago
Views: 127
0 Scrambler, Dirtster, Dual Sport , Adventure Sportster picture thread
Last Post: garyajaz
Posted On: 11 Hours Ago
Replies: 106
Views: 82,086
5 HAMMER vs NRHS vs S&S Conversion Kits
Last Post: Highly-Dangerous
Posted On: 11 Hours Ago
Replies: 98
Views: 8,733
0 3.5" straight riser
Last Post: whetrick1
Posted On: 12 Hours Ago
Replies: 8
Views: 270
0 Timing
Last Post: The Doctor71
Posted On: 14 Hours Ago
Views: 111
More...
Members Birthdays
bobman, eagle101 (72), nemosengineer@yahoo.com (63), Callao (63), Dweezil (55), Dnew73, JimmyHBS (44), Ulv666 (43), 883ccXL (38), jmr1283 (36), dtschrum (32)
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th July 2015
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Sleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond repute

That is a good question.
Is it a Dynojet dyno?
If so, what program or software are they using?

As others had said too... 97.5 ft lb of torque is the kind of number you'd expect from a 88" or 90".
Honestly I'd be impressed with 87.5 ft lb from a 1250cc Sportster on a Dynojet dyno.
Anymore info would be appreciated.
Old 27th July 2015
No Posts

DELETED ACCOUNT - MY CHOICE is an unknown quantity at this point

The first dyno results are probably accurate. You have a very nice mild street build. The motor is going to have a hard time to breathe with stock 883 valves and w cams. If 883 heads with impact service don't flow as good as stock 04-06 xl1200 heads you really can't compare to the dyno charts hammer has posted for stage 1 1250.
Old 27th July 2015
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
cdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
That is a good question.
Is it a Dynojet dyno?
If so, what program or software are they using?

As others had said too... 97.5 ft lb of torque is the kind of number you'd expect from a 88" or 90".
Honestly I'd be impressed with 87.5 ft lb from a 1250cc Sportster on a Dynojet dyno.
Anymore info would be appreciated.
I just got off the phone with the dealership. The dyno is a Dynomite brand dyno. Their Land and Sea model. The software it runs is a program called Dynomax. So its not a Dynojet Dynamometer.

As far as the heads the 883 heads with impact port job are supposed to be equal to the 2004 - 2006 1200 heads according to Aaron at Hammer. So the charts should be comparable. But that would be for Aaron to weigh in on.
Old 27th July 2015
A Million Facts & Figures

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell Cyclone
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1999
aswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond repute

When I look at his sheet, I see about what I would expect in terms of the shapes of the curves, and about 10% more than I would expect for the numbers.

Keep in mind that at low rpm, the small valves of the IMPACT ported 883 heads are not a big restriction. You can fill the cylinder at low rpm through IMPACT 883 heads, no problem. The cam timing of the "W" grind is conducive to low rpm cylinder fill as well. So the shape of the torque curve (essentially a map of the cylinder fill) makes sense ... good fill down low, dropping off pretty significantly as the rpm goes up. The power curve is just a mathematical function of the torque and rpm, so it just follows the torque.

It's the raw numbers that seem high to me. We've had multiple customers break 90lb-ft of torque on 1250cc, with a high of 95.1. I did a 1250 build for one of my personal bikes once that made 97. So it's not impossible. But not a lot of 1250's break 90lb-ft.

Something else to consider, that makes it more possible, is that it's STD corrected. STD tends to be generous to the numbers if you're anywhere near sea level, to the tune of a couple percent.

So it seems like a stretch, but it's not outside the realm of possibility. Main thing I want to know is whether or not this was a Dynojet dyno. Dynojet dynos are very, very consistent from one to the next despite what people believe. But if this is some other kind of dyno, all bets are off.

Sponsored Links
Old 27th July 2015
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Sleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond repute

That may explain the discrepancies in the numbers. If I ever get any of my bikes dyno'ed again. I'll have to look for a Dynomite dyno.
Old 27th July 2015
A Million Facts & Figures

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell Cyclone
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1999
aswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdirk View Post
I just got off the phone with the dealership. The dyno is a Dynomite brand dyno. Their Land and Sea model. The software it runs is a program called Dynomax. So its not a Dynojet Dynamometer.
OK, so that explains it.
Old 27th July 2015
No Posts

DELETED ACCOUNT - MY CHOICE is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think a set of cams would help this motor. The valves are too small to support the 1250 at high rpm. You'd need headwork that includes bigger valves and a set of cams that will help the motor breath at high rpm.
Old 27th July 2015
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
cdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudwood View Post
I don't think a set of cams would help this motor. The valves are too small to support the 1250 at high rpm. You'd need headwork that includes bigger valves and a set of cams that will help the motor breath at high rpm.
You may be right but that Dyno Hammer performance has shows the 570's add 3-6HP over 3500 RPM's. So it may be worth it. Also will lower my compression which is running a bit high at 225. After that the only way to get more where I ride under 5000 RPM's would be to make it an 88". Putting a Tach on shortly to get a better idea of what RPM's I ride at.

As far as actual figures I think the bike probably is pulling around 80HP and 85TQ. which is somewhere between the two Dyno's.
Old 27th July 2015
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL77.2R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
rejeanprimeau has a reputation beyond reputerejeanprimeau has a reputation beyond reputerejeanprimeau has a reputation beyond reputerejeanprimeau has a reputation beyond reputerejeanprimeau has a reputation beyond reputerejeanprimeau has a reputation beyond reputerejeanprimeau has a reputation beyond reputerejeanprimeau has a reputation beyond reputerejeanprimeau has a reputation beyond reputerejeanprimeau has a reputation beyond reputerejeanprimeau has a reputation beyond repute

W cams, second to none on the torque side, Bassani exhaust, second to none on the torque side and well ported impact heads (Hammer) with regular size valves, second to none on the torque side.

How come nobody saw it coming? Top fast on the get go. He must also run 883 gearing, second to none on the torque side, you got what it's called a wheely machine, enjoy it.

Will choked on the 1/4 drag strip, 1/8 here I come.
Old 22nd November 2015
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Bushido is a name known to allBushido is a name known to allBushido is a name known to allBushido is a name known to allBushido is a name known to allBushido is a name known to allBushido is a name known to allBushido is a name known to allBushido is a name known to allBushido is a name known to allBushido is a name known to all

Here is mine Stock 883 with Hammer 1250 kit DK customs Hi flow V&H short shots & SERT tuner Only other upgrade is Clutch and oil pinion gear. http://s1374.photobucket.com/user/bs...33945.jpg.html