The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > OFF TOPIC > Human Relationships - Marriage, Dating, the Single Life
XLF Blogs XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Human Relationships - Marriage, Dating, the Single Life This is where you can discuss human relations topicsthat are important to you. Please keep the discussion intelligent and remember EVERYONE has their own opinion.

DO NOT LET YOUR DISCUSSIONS HERE BLEED INTO THE OPEN FORUMS!!!

Active Threads
0 Informed reviews!
Last Post: 2cam
Posted On: 21 Minutes Ago
Replies: 11
Views: 621
0 Hot Rods, Rat Rods, and Customs.
Last Post: cal43
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Replies: 4,952
Views: 1,019,058
0 This is gonna hurt.
Replies: 9,274
Views: 2,189,110
0 Hottie of the day, no nudity.
Replies: 34,065
Views: 4,107,812
0 Official XL Forum Random Image Thread (NO NUDITY!)
Replies: 53,053
Views: 8,989,582
0 video & pics
Replies: 799
Views: 83,796
0 Hot Chicks on Hot Bikes
Replies: 12,725
Views: 3,077,131
0 Coulda' - Shoulda' - Woulda' - Solenoid/Bendix?
Last Post: ZTatZAU
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 66
Views: 1,858
0 Keep & Kill
Last Post: Graywolf
Replies: 26,940
Views: 1,562,733
5 Removing primary engine sprocket nut with heat gun, special caution needed?
Last Post: ericfreeman
Replies: 15
Views: 395
0 VOES issues? Adjustments needed?
Last Post: Edster
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Replies: 6
Views: 198
0 Primary thread
Last Post: RandallM
Posted On: 5 Hours Ago
Replies: 23
Views: 608
0 Alternative to stock clutch cable?
Last Post: ChinCactus
Posted On: 6 Hours Ago
Replies: 3
Views: 205
0 re rocker arm cover spewing out oil
Last Post: 11B40
Posted On: 7 Hours Ago
Replies: 4
Views: 138
0 weight loss thread
Last Post: Steve9
Replies: 77
Views: 29,118
0 Massachusetts 2022
Last Post: sportsterpaul
Replies: 29
Views: 1,032
0 Iree's late night cafe
Last Post: Graywolf
Replies: 2,227
Views: 401,103
0 Another question re: Microsquirt
Last Post: t120r
Replies: 61
Views: 1,624
0 "S" model specific Q&A
Last Post: heyjames
Replies: 2,108
Views: 471,550
0 What song do you have stuck in your head?
Last Post: iNSaNeSHaNe
Posted On: 8 Hours Ago
Replies: 2,495
Views: 279,251
0 gasket sealant
Last Post: NLXL
Replies: 9
Views: 199
5 Late 50s XL to 60s XL Front End Compatibility
Last Post: Jhbox13
Replies: 6
Views: 280
0 What did you do for your sporty Today?
Last Post: cycowrencher
Posted On: 9 Hours Ago
Replies: 7,874
Views: 1,370,273
0 Upside Down Monoshock IH - A Longterm Project
Last Post: Ferrous Head
Posted On: 9 Hours Ago
Replies: 337
Views: 75,231
3 Wtb, Wts, Wtt, Wtg (Ironhead)
Last Post: tiderider
Posted On: 10 Hours Ago
Replies: 24
Views: 290,791
0 Sportster Tracker Wheel and Tire Questions
Last Post: Big Al
Posted On: 10 Hours Ago
Replies: 2
Views: 293
0 Roads I'd like to ride.
Last Post: Stairman
Posted On: 12 Hours Ago
Replies: 3,742
Views: 443,452
0 Microsquirt EFI Conversion
Last Post: t120r
Posted On: 12 Hours Ago
Replies: 62
Views: 7,734
0 Rear Brake Squeal Fixed
Last Post: John Harper
Posted On: 19 Hours Ago
Replies: 13
Views: 839
0 Black Bike Bible
Last Post: cycowrencher
Posted On: 21 Hours Ago
Replies: 2,586
Views: 1,274,387
More...
Members Birthdays
Steph (56), yubman (51), Sporty1971 (51), Windesch (49), Mark_Bench (45), motherduce (43), sgtfry (40), Mrtechit101 (31)
View Poll Results: Been cheated on? What happened?
Yes, kicked um to the curb 121 55.25%
Yes, worked it out 35 15.98%
No...... 63 28.77%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th March 2007
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200c 100th ann. ed.
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
tattedas2 is on a distinguished roadtattedas2 is on a distinguished road
Default Been cheated on?

Since there is a thread about cheating, though I would see how many have been cheated on?

What was the outcome? Kick um to the curb or work it out? Still together?

I was, still together. Happened a while ago, and we are working past it.
Old 19th March 2007
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 06
milmat1 has a reputation beyond reputemilmat1 has a reputation beyond reputemilmat1 has a reputation beyond reputemilmat1 has a reputation beyond reputemilmat1 has a reputation beyond reputemilmat1 has a reputation beyond reputemilmat1 has a reputation beyond reputemilmat1 has a reputation beyond reputemilmat1 has a reputation beyond reputemilmat1 has a reputation beyond reputemilmat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it depends on the situation. I could work past it if i really wanted too.
On the other hand there are situations that would not allow that.
So it becomes a relitive question, whether you can work it out or not.

Myself I havn't been in that situation, Though i have been on the other side of the fence !! And "Working past it" sometimes means never talk about it again! That is completely the wrong answer, It works like a cancer on your relationship. (Ask How i Know!)
Anyone wanting to "work it out" Better be prepared to talk through some difficult and painful conversations. But in the end you will have a stronger bond with your spouse/partner, i believe..JMHO
Old 19th March 2007
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200c 100th ann. ed.
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
tattedas2 is on a distinguished roadtattedas2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmat1 View Post
I think it depends on the situation. I could work past it if i really wanted too.
On the other hand there are situations that would not allow that.
So it becomes a relitive question, whether you can work it out or not.

Myself I havn't been in that situation, Though i have been on the other side of the fence !! And "Working past it" sometimes means never talk about it again! That is completely the wrong answer, It works like a cancer on your relationship. (Ask How i Know!)
Anyone wanting to "work it out" Better be prepared to talk through some difficult and painful conversations. But in the end you will have a stronger bond with your spouse/partner, i believe..JMHO

Oh yeah, agree completely. They are some VERY difficult, painful dicussions, but you are also right in saying that there is a stronger bond. We were seperated for a year. Our relationship now is 100 times better then what it was. We both learned the things that led to the situtation, matured, and found out how much we really cared for each other.
Old 19th March 2007
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: Umm
Sportster/Buell Year: Yah
Other Motorcycle Model: UltraClassic Electraglide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2010
Ole is a splendid one to beholdOle is a splendid one to beholdOle is a splendid one to beholdOle is a splendid one to beholdOle is a splendid one to beholdOle is a splendid one to beholdOle is a splendid one to beholdOle is a splendid one to beholdOle is a splendid one to beholdOle is a splendid one to beholdOle is a splendid one to behold

Yep...was the first girl I ever wanted to marry. We were both virgins and saving ourselves for each other. Then, the summer after high school, we both went to basic training, and she went and gave it up to her Drill Instructor at basic training. Nice...

F-ing ho-batch...

Now she was raised in a Catholic household and her mother was fairly religious. I was so pissed that I gathered EVERYTHING that she had ever given to me, put it in a lawn and leaf bag and took it to her mom's place. When her mom answered the door I told her that the bag contained everything that her daughter had ever given to me.

She said, "I don't understand."

I said, "Your daughter is no longer a virgin and I had nothing to do with it," and I left.

The way I see it is if they can do it once, they can do it again.
Old 19th March 2007
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: xl 883 R
Sportster/Buell Year: 1989
Other Motorcycle Model: 83 xs 650 yam
Other Motorcycle Year: 83
obinella is a splendid one to beholdobinella is a splendid one to beholdobinella is a splendid one to beholdobinella is a splendid one to beholdobinella is a splendid one to beholdobinella is a splendid one to beholdobinella is a splendid one to beholdobinella is a splendid one to beholdobinella is a splendid one to beholdobinella is a splendid one to beholdobinella is a splendid one to behold

yep, my ex and the first indicator was a std she gave me that took penicillin to get rid of. did i tell her? nope! hope it eats her tiny brain out! do i care if she passes it on? nope! any one messing with her get's the whole package, enjoy!
Old 19th March 2007
Senior Chief Know It All 3rd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: nothing at the moment
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CB360
Other Motorcycle Year: 1974
avnsteve has a spectacular aura aboutavnsteve has a spectacular aura aboutavnsteve has a spectacular aura aboutavnsteve has a spectacular aura aboutavnsteve has a spectacular aura aboutavnsteve has a spectacular aura aboutavnsteve has a spectacular aura aboutavnsteve has a spectacular aura aboutavnsteve has a spectacular aura aboutavnsteve has a spectacular aura aboutavnsteve has a spectacular aura about

been cheated on often enough in the past, can't bring myself to go back

it's like eating another man's steak after he's eaten it...
Old 19th March 2007
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: FXD
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Sportster/Buell Model #2: SO High Maint Brunette
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1974
yorgo has a spectacular aura aboutyorgo has a spectacular aura aboutyorgo has a spectacular aura aboutyorgo has a spectacular aura aboutyorgo has a spectacular aura aboutyorgo has a spectacular aura aboutyorgo has a spectacular aura aboutyorgo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by avnsteve View Post
been cheated on often enough in the past, can't bring myself to go back

it's like eating another man's steak after he's eaten it...
Oh man! Something about that statement just bothers me. Can anyone say for sure they've never been cheated on? Hell, SO's can be very very sneaky about it. As far as I know I've never been cheated on but nothing is impossible. I trust my current wife as far as I can throw her. If I ever know for sure I've been cheated it will definitely, for sure, NOT be worked out like that steak comment above.
Old 19th March 2007
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 04R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Snuffy is a jewel in the roughSnuffy is a jewel in the roughSnuffy is a jewel in the roughSnuffy is a jewel in the roughSnuffy is a jewel in the roughSnuffy is a jewel in the roughSnuffy is a jewel in the roughSnuffy is a jewel in the roughSnuffy is a jewel in the roughSnuffy is a jewel in the roughSnuffy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by obinella View Post
yep, my ex and the first indicator was a std she gave me that took penicillin to get rid of. did i tell her? nope! hope it eats her tiny brain out! do i care if she passes it on? nope! any one messing with her get's the whole package, enjoy!
Hope she doesn't like bikers
Old 19th March 2007
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Dyna Street Bob
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2007
SportyJoe is on a distinguished roadSportyJoe is on a distinguished roadSportyJoe is on a distinguished roadSportyJoe is on a distinguished road

I have been cheated on several times... a couple of girl freinds did when I was yonger (I have always liked woman with a little bit of wild spirit to them...still do)...no big deal there, but it does give you trust issues....Anyway, kicked em to the curb... the last time I was cheated on was by my first, and now X wife... My first indicator should have been when after a year of marriage, I caught an STD from her... Ok... didn't occurr to me at the time that it wasn't something she picked up from a previous boyfriend, and now that we were no longer using condoms I must have caught it.. (Denial is not a river in the Middle east)(Man was I stooopid....duhhhh)(love is blind?) (any statement will cover me there). a year later I knew something was wrong, she wanted a seperation, ( My question on that one was "what are you going to do while we're seperated? go out and sleep with a bunch of other guys then come back when your'e done and I'm supposed to be all forgiving?"...I dont think so!!) I wasn't going to give it to her (the seperation)...she said she wouldn't go to counceling and didn't want to work it out... finally she confessed that she had been banging some guy she met at the gym...(I had figured as much) (among others I found out later) I knew the guy... I just told her to "have a nice life" and left her... came back with my buddies a couple days later (they drove down from Dallas when they heard what was going on) and took everything that was mine before I met her and everything that was purchased with my money, which was just about everything..I left her the couch we had purchased together my old dying TV, (left the trash with the trash) and enough dishes and silverware so IF she ever learned how to cook she wouldn't have to eat of the floor... got a divorce (didnt take her to the cleaners like I should have,,,just wanted out) and haven't seen or heard form her since.
I loved her when I left her, and I am a believer in Forgivness, and I have forgiven her, but forgive and forget is not a part of my vocabulary when speaking about that situation.. I could have stayed with her I guess, but why? it would be like asking for an ulser... everytime she would go out I'b be wondering who she was with, where she was, and if She was coming back.... no thanks, even though she betrayed my trust, I did forgive her, but Ill be damned if I ever trust her again...and I can't be in a relationship with a woman I can't trust... Ill take the divorce... In retrospect I have discovered that she was sleeping with other guys the whole time, when we were dating, after we were engaged, while we were married... what a sleeze! Good riddence! haven't seen her or spoken to her in 9 years now..
Work it out? well maybe in someone elses case.. not for me that time around.
Im a trooper and I don't give up with out a fight, If their is a problem, I try to work it out, but in her case...wasn't worth the effort. Its always hard when something like that happens because you spend alot of time wondering what you did wrong... when it wasn't that I did something wrong, It was just the type of person she was, and the way she lived her life.. I should have seen it coming..oh well live and learn!

Last edited by SportyJoe; 19th March 2007 at 22:03..
Old 19th March 2007
Senior Chief Know It All

Gone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud ofGone has much to be proud of
Angry Not tolerated whatsoever

My husband knows one strike and you're out. I told him if he asked for a divorce, we would make it as amicable as possible, but if I found out he was cheating on me...it would be WAR! The house, his custom, my truck are all in my name...the only thing that sucks is my sporty is in his name I would still love him, but I know the psychological damage would be beyond repair. The other woman just better hope I don't catch her!

That being said, we have a strong relationship and I couldn't imagine him betraying me like that. But I am also smart enough to know sh*t happens and most people don't believe their SO would be capable of that. I trust him, but I hope I wouldn't be blind.