The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE FORUM > Sportster Motorcycle Styles > Sport-Glide / Sportster Motorcycle Touring
XLF Blogs XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Sport-Glide / Sportster Motorcycle Touring This section is for the discussion of setting up you Sportster motorcycle touring and long distance riding.

Active Threads
5 Hots For An Xl Forum Member?
Last Post: Stairman
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Replies: 10,954
Views: 3,157,830
0 Will a 2000 swingarm bolt up/ fit my 99?
Last Post: Jason's Sporty
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 16
Views: 284
0 Big bore stroker - the beginning of a 10-year long build
Last Post: Ferrous Head
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 799
Views: 72,592
0 Good 2 into 2 exhaust?
Last Post: FearTheBeard
Posted On: 3 Hours Ago
Replies: 7
Views: 220
0 Were your parents anti bike?
Last Post: The Crusher
Replies: 17
Views: 220
0 Does Synthetic Engine Oil cause Higher or Lower temps at the oil tank?
Last Post: Sportycus
Replies: 91
Views: 16,982
5 Eye Protection When Riding?
Last Post: Graywolf
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Replies: 261
Views: 60,836
0 Gravydog crashed again.
Last Post: BKB
Replies: 87
Views: 3,698
0 What color are your pipes?
Last Post: cazz1000
Replies: 3
Views: 81
0 Cylinder wall scoring after rebuild, can you live with it?
Last Post: IronMick
Replies: 3
Views: 169
0 Relocated Turn Signals
Last Post: 1Scooter
Posted On: 5 Hours Ago
Replies: 2
Views: 59
3 Shaky Dave Recovery
Last Post: SHAKY DAVE
Replies: 26
Views: 964
0 With this fit my 99
Last Post: jordan1200
Replies: 11
Views: 171
0 1200s mid throttle stumble
Last Post: NZstu
Posted On: 6 Hours Ago
Replies: 18
Views: 322
0 KT - 2018 - Hop-along Highway
Last Post: IXL2Relax
Posted On: 6 Hours Ago
Replies: 38
Views: 3,644
12 Lets see the "C's" XLC's that is. Pics Please!
Last Post: Kejobe
Posted On: 7 Hours Ago
Replies: 1,183
Views: 421,586
0 Crusty's Travels
Last Post: Screw Loose Dan
Replies: 1,651
Views: 171,886
3 Transmission Assembly, Tutorial w/Pics
Last Post: Rodzilla
Replies: 73
Views: 50,526
0 Thinking of a fall SE Ohio ride
Last Post: sprink
Posted On: 8 Hours Ago
Replies: 55
Views: 3,122
0 Recommendations for a good parts vendor
Last Post: brucstoudt
Replies: 16
Views: 824
0 Hottie of the day, no nudity.
Last Post: Stairman
Replies: 8,416
Views: 675,972
0 Happy Birthday wandrur!
Last Post: wandrur
Posted On: 9 Hours Ago
Replies: 4
Views: 92
0 Iree's late night cafe
Last Post: Graywolf
Posted On: 9 Hours Ago
Replies: 984
Views: 100,709
0 New England 2018
Last Post: Boudwood
Posted On: 11 Hours Ago
Replies: 225
Views: 11,612
0 Poll for the legalization of cannabis
Last Post: tigger
Replies: 380
Views: 52,366
0 Hi from Queensland Australia
Last Post: juzyHD
Replies: 13
Views: 124
0 What are your thoughts on this 2004 rubbermount Sporty?
Last Post: farmall
Posted On: 12 Hours Ago
Replies: 68
Views: 2,944
0 PLEASE READ THIS Before You Post In 'The BUY - SELL - TRADE Zone'!
Last Post: Folkie
Replies: 1
Views: 2,082
0 FS Stock 2012 Xl1200 and 1275 jugs
Last Post: Folkie
Replies: 1
Views: 166
0 Reflectors...Yeah, or Neh
Last Post: Toejam503
Replies: 159
Views: 36,574
More...
Members Birthdays
black pearl (74), SDREDD (57), pig (55), BonRu (53), cbass (45), ssm7530 (43), HawkeyeTX, SxysCowboy (35)
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th May 2015
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1000 Ironhead
Sportster/Buell Year: 1980
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Sportster Low XL1200L
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2011
hscic is a jewel in the roughhscic is a jewel in the roughhscic is a jewel in the roughhscic is a jewel in the roughhscic is a jewel in the roughhscic is a jewel in the roughhscic is a jewel in the roughhscic is a jewel in the roughhscic is a jewel in the roughhscic is a jewel in the roughhscic is a jewel in the rough
Default Calling ALL Sportster Baggers...Post your pics and what you did to your Sportster!

I am new to this forum. I started a similar thread on another forum which has turned out to be the official bagger thread for Sportsters.

This thread is to share pictures and the work you have done on your Sporty Bagger (no matter what kind of Sporty) to get ideas on your next project, learn how to do installs, resolve issues you are having with your bike.

So I guess I should start...2011 Sportster Low XL1200L.

Obvious mods: DK Customs Outlaw 587 AC chrome bobber cover, Rush 3" Slip-ons with 2" baffles, Tsukaya saddlebags with integrated rear LED lights (using as additional brake lights), DK customs headlight relocation kit and chrome headlight with visor using integrated LED bulb, Burly Slammer 10.5" shocks and lowering springs, DNA fat spoke 21" front wheel with Metzler rubber. Mustang tripper fastback 2-up seat.

Last edited by Folkie; 9th May 2015 at 16:52..
Old 8th May 2015
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
monkey_wrench is just really nicemonkey_wrench is just really nicemonkey_wrench is just really nicemonkey_wrench is just really nicemonkey_wrench is just really nicemonkey_wrench is just really nicemonkey_wrench is just really nicemonkey_wrench is just really nicemonkey_wrench is just really nicemonkey_wrench is just really nicemonkey_wrench is just really nice

I don't have a bagger but yours looks cool.
Old 8th May 2015
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883L (Well not really)
Other Motorcycle Model: A barn full of bikes
Stocker has a reputation beyond reputeStocker has a reputation beyond reputeStocker has a reputation beyond reputeStocker has a reputation beyond reputeStocker has a reputation beyond reputeStocker has a reputation beyond reputeStocker has a reputation beyond reputeStocker has a reputation beyond reputeStocker has a reputation beyond reputeStocker has a reputation beyond reputeStocker has a reputation beyond repute

We kinda have a bagger section within the Sport-Glide section. Lot's of nice jobs there. Surprised The Brassy One hasn't moved this thread yet. I don't like the mounting set up on those bags. Cyclevision makes a mounting system for the bubbers which mimicks the FLH set up. To where a person can actually use FL bags. Sturdy set up. Yours looks okay.
Old 8th May 2015
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

hscic is a jewel in the roughhscic is a jewel in the roughhscic is a jewel in the roughhscic is a jewel in the roughhscic is a jewel in the roughhscic is a jewel in the roughhscic is a jewel in the roughhscic is a jewel in the roughhscic is a jewel in the roughhscic is a jewel in the roughhscic is a jewel in the rough

monkey wrench - thanks

stocker883l - in my intro thread since I am new to this forum, I asked about the different sections in this forum since all were for sportsters. Thanks for the direction to the bagger section. And thanks for the compliment...I think..lol. btw I chose those bags since it lines up to the fender and covers the rear shocks. It also has quick-release mounting hardware which minimizes the gap between the fender and the bags which also allows for mounting of my quick-release sissy bars.
Old 8th May 2015
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: xlx61
Sportster/Buell Year: 85
Other Motorcycle Model: yamaha vstar 650 custom
Other Motorcycle Year: 00
mycle1000 is a splendid one to beholdmycle1000 is a splendid one to beholdmycle1000 is a splendid one to beholdmycle1000 is a splendid one to beholdmycle1000 is a splendid one to beholdmycle1000 is a splendid one to beholdmycle1000 is a splendid one to beholdmycle1000 is a splendid one to beholdmycle1000 is a splendid one to beholdmycle1000 is a splendid one to beholdmycle1000 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hscic View Post
monkey wrench - thanks

stocker883l - in my intro thread since I am new to this forum, I asked about the different sections in this forum since all were for sportsters. Thanks for the direction to the bagger section. And thanks for the compliment...I think..lol. btw I chose those bags since it lines up to the fender and covers the rear shocks. It also has quick-release mounting hardware which minimizes the gap between the fender and the bags which also allows for mounting of my quick-release sissy bars.
where do you get the bags from? they look cool; i'd like something like that but mounted a little bit farther forward.
Old 8th May 2015
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycle1000 View Post
where do you get the bags from? they look cool; i'd like something like that but mounted a little bit farther forward.
Tsukaya
http://www.tsukayu.com/HardbagsforSp...r_HDstyle.html

The bags have cut outs for the rear shocks which moves the bags forward and brings the bags in close to the struts. They pre-install the mounting brackets on the bags so if you want the bags more forward, I guess you can ask them not to mount the brackets (and do it yourself) or ask them to install the brackets slightly forward, but you may have issues opening the battery cover if it is moved forward and it may affect the passenger leg position to the footpegs.

Here are couple of pics so you can see the gap and position of the bags in relation to the struts and seat.

Last edited by Folkie; 9th May 2015 at 16:53..
Old 9th May 2015
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883L (Well not really)
Other Motorcycle Model: A barn full of bikes
Stocker has a reputation beyond reputeStocker has a reputation beyond reputeStocker has a reputation beyond reputeStocker has a reputation beyond reputeStocker has a reputation beyond reputeStocker has a reputation beyond reputeStocker has a reputation beyond reputeStocker has a reputation beyond reputeStocker has a reputation beyond reputeStocker has a reputation beyond reputeStocker has a reputation beyond repute

Do those bags have any bottom or side support to stop them from banging around. Not much mounting support with just the two strut screws.
Old 9th May 2015
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocker883l View Post
Do those bags have any bottom or side support to stop them from banging around. Not much mounting support with just the two strut screws.
The mounts provided with the bags are very sturdy and does not bang around. In fact there is not much vibration or shaking. It is also sturdy enough to carry heavier loads. Yes two strut screws are used, but it is mounted to a longer vertical heavy duty mounting bracket which provides the stability. The supplier has stabilizer bars available which mounts to the bottom portion of the bags but they indicated it is normally not necessary and recommend installing only if you experience excessive vibration/shaking.
Old 9th May 2015
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
CitySlicker has a reputation beyond reputeCitySlicker has a reputation beyond reputeCitySlicker has a reputation beyond reputeCitySlicker has a reputation beyond reputeCitySlicker has a reputation beyond reputeCitySlicker has a reputation beyond reputeCitySlicker has a reputation beyond reputeCitySlicker has a reputation beyond reputeCitySlicker has a reputation beyond reputeCitySlicker has a reputation beyond reputeCitySlicker has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean by "bagger"? Any Sporty with saddlebags, or is it a style thing? Here's a few pics of my Custom with bags by Leather Pros.

Sponsored Links
Old 9th May 2015
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Nice ride.

Sportster baggers in its simplest form, means Sportsters with saddlebags....any style with upgrades. Some folks on another forum called it "Sportstours" Whatever the case, it is an open forum for sharing what members have done to customize their rides.