The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > Dealers, Stealers, Indys and Parts Dealers
XLF Blogs XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Dealers, Stealers, Indys and Parts Dealers Who did good by you and who did bad by you

Active Threads
10 New rider - XL1200S in Aus.
Last Post: JacksBrother
Posted On: 45 Minutes Ago
Replies: 31
Views: 2,006
0 Worst Harley rider ever.
Last Post: crazyphuzz
Posted On: 53 Minutes Ago
Replies: 12
Views: 184
0 Lots of issues 78
Last Post: Mrhorn12
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Replies: 8
Views: 145
0 New to the Harley Brand
Last Post: juzyHD
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Replies: 14
Views: 178
0 What's your helmet?
Last Post: Nibelungen
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 51
Views: 2,558
0 Yetman drag frame
Last Post: Slojoe55
Replies: 31
Views: 11,167
0 C.O.B.B run west
Last Post: sportsterpaul
Replies: 226
Views: 16,077
0 Sizing cylinders too pistons
Last Post: Yakcm2
Replies: 11
Views: 408
0 What did you do for your sporty Today?
Last Post: sportsterpaul
Replies: 5,290
Views: 584,679
0 Shovester Sighting
Last Post: needspeed
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Replies: 67
Views: 7,249
0 Official XL Forum Random Image Thread (NO NUDITY!)
Last Post: Graywolf
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Replies: 41,221
Views: 6,320,416
0 1998 Sportster Ignition Problems
Last Post: james69
Posted On: 5 Hours Ago
Replies: 28
Views: 705
0 Starter circuit without relay
Last Post: ChicagoSlim
Replies: 6
Views: 106
0 PLEASE READ THIS Before You Post In 'The BUY - SELL - TRADE Zone'!
Last Post: kk38k
Replies: 2
Views: 1,039
0 I finally learned how to work the system!
Last Post: Ranchero50
Posted On: 6 Hours Ago
Replies: 8
Views: 250
0 Broken exhaust stud questions.
Replies: 7
Views: 231
0 Hot Rods, Rat Rods, and Customs.
Replies: 2,582
Views: 207,612
0 What coil(s) do you run with your Dyna S ignition?
Last Post: stanroyal
Replies: 7
Views: 162
0 Anyone go racing last weekend?
Last Post: madnss
Replies: 2,723
Views: 246,047
0 Hottie of the day, no nudity.
Last Post: trainman
Posted On: 7 Hours Ago
Replies: 7,594
Views: 559,217
0 Carb
Last Post: wedge
Replies: 15
Views: 453
0 Issue until up to temp
Last Post: wedge
Replies: 17
Views: 495
0 1981 XLH turns over won’t start
Last Post: 60Gunner
Replies: 5
Views: 64
5 Legendary Jerry Branch on Gearing quote and question...
Last Post: groovemeisterus
Replies: 0
Views: 53
0 77 idling
Last Post: fbroos73
Replies: 2
Views: 86
6 Asgardia Regional area
Last Post: Toejam503
Posted On: 8 Hours Ago
Replies: 11
Views: 372
0 Sportsterpedia Progress
Last Post: IXL2Relax
Replies: 164
Views: 32,619
0 Crusty's Travels
Last Post: ChinCactus
Replies: 1,514
Views: 152,642
0 Show us your bike next to a Water Tower.
Last Post: Toejam503
Replies: 62
Views: 13,352
More...
Members Birthdays
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th July 2005
Banned

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
klown is on a distinguished roadklown is on a distinguished roadklown is on a distinguished roadklown is on a distinguished road

Old 27th July 2005
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: IRONHEAD XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1982
choppediron has disabled reputation

i don't give a rats ass whether MOKER screwed up or not...bottom line is that ACMPARTSMANAGER is a jerk-off and he will never get any business from me.(is that considered slander??? ) If he was behind a parts counter how long would he have a job or an unbroken face talking that way to customers. in my own huble opinion... ACMPARTSMANAGER, and his ebay store. I'll pay a little more for the respect we all deserve as paying customers. As for the service man he screwed over...he owes you an ass-kicking when he returns from over seas. Remember asshole...are military is what proctects your right to be an asshole and a sleazy businessman...but that just my opinion
Old 28th July 2005
Be annoyed Now;Ask Me How

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200XL Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 1999
Other Motorcycle Model: FLSTC Heritage Softail
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
flskevin has a brilliant futureflskevin has a brilliant futureflskevin has a brilliant futureflskevin has a brilliant futureflskevin has a brilliant futureflskevin has a brilliant futureflskevin has a brilliant futureflskevin has a brilliant futureflskevin has a brilliant futureflskevin has a brilliant futureflskevin has a brilliant future

So I went on eBay to try to find some chrome parts and this thread kept nagging me. Every auction I was interested in I check out the feedback and how the seller handled the negative comments.

There were severalk sellers that had thousands of good comments with fairly few negative ones and in almost every situation the sellers did not get rude. One seller was a little miffed and wrote, "I wish you would have e-mailed me before posting negative feedback, I would have given you a full refund to avoid this."

I realized that by reading the negative comments you get a better sense of what that seller is really like. (how they handle the orders that go wrong)

For what it's worth.

Pastafarian Minister - Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
Dudeist Priest - Church of the Latter Day Dude
Old 28th July 2005
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

skratch has disabled reputation

dang, bert......

these threads can be addictive. i just spent an hour reading this entire thread. you should be hearing from my lawyer about the collosal waste of time i just had (joke, bert.... ) as has been said here many times, its not the good sales, but how the bad sales are handled that can make or break a business. sure he has a lot of good feedback, but if i order x and you ship x, how hard is that? it's how you handle the customer that meant to order x.1 that is crucial. anymore, i don't even shop on ebay, i can get better prices from reputable sources (not that all ebay sellers aren't, but you are limited in your recourse)
good luck acmpartsmanager, you may still have a lot of sales, but remember, you have also lost a lot here.

skratch
Sponsored Links
Old 28th July 2005
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
hdrican is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been reading this entire thread, and not only do I take offense as a hispanic with your "Spanglish" comment, but as a retired Navy Senior Chief Petty Officer with 21 years active service PROTECTING YOUR ASS,the real icing on the cake was not shipping to APO's. You will never see my money.
Old 28th July 2005
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 XLC
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDWG
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
pquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant future

Wow, I just read this thread today and I just want to add my .02 to the fray. I personally am a satisfied ACM customer. I purchased my V&H Straightshots from them on ebay last year because they were the only people who had 'em in stock at the time. When I was considering the purchase I had serious reservations because of the unprofessional responses to the negative and neutral feedback. However, at that time AM pipes for '04s were extremely scarce, couldn't even get SE slip-ons, so I decided to take a chance. I won the auction on a Friday and paid with Paypal within about an hour of the auction end and got my pipes on Tuesday. It was a flawless transaction and I left positive feedback. However, eventhough I had a good experience with them I will not do business with them again and here's why. Unprofessional and rude, period. It doesn't have anything to do with whether a restocking fee is fair or not, or whether the item was already shipped or not. The problem is the rude and immature response to feedback, there is no justification for it. I actually felt guilty when I patronized them becasue I didn't want to do business with that type of person, but I felt it was either them or no Stage 1 (I ain't Gahndi after all) so I did it. I guess I rationalized it by thinking the people who he was ripping on maybe deserved it and I just didn't know the whole story. Well, I now feel I've gotten the whole story, the Dude is a doofus and deserves no business. I've been in service professions before and I know customers can be asshats, but like others have said, that's when then seller needs to pony up and take the high road. ACM failed miserably. Just my story, for what it's worth.
Old 28th July 2005
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883H/1200H
Sportster/Buell Year: '96
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLCH 1000 w/elec. leg too
Sportster/Buell Year #2: '72
sportysrock has a reputation beyond reputesportysrock has a reputation beyond reputesportysrock has a reputation beyond reputesportysrock has a reputation beyond reputesportysrock has a reputation beyond reputesportysrock has a reputation beyond reputesportysrock has a reputation beyond reputesportysrock has a reputation beyond reputesportysrock has a reputation beyond reputesportysrock has a reputation beyond reputesportysrock has a reputation beyond repute
Cool 10% Policy, umm, ok but ...

The guy has a right to his 10% or whatever. He has no right as a seller to shit on customers. W/O customers he isn't a seller. It's pretty obvious the part never left his store when the buyer tried to change his order an hour later.

If it was purchased with a credit card I would send it back and dispute the charge, and then not pay anything except maybe shipping. You have that right. You also have the right to tell everyone about your experience and I will not buy anything from this a-hole.

Thanks for the heads-up. Good luck
Political Correctness never killed any terrorists.
Old 28th July 2005
Biker

ACMPARTSMGR has disabled reputation

Does anyone here actually understand that what has been said is libel? Aside from some intelligent people who have made mention to my clear error on calling libel slander, I have yet to hear any intelligent questions from anyone as to the side of the seller! Have any of you ever run a business that was slandered/libeled? Has anyone here ever been treated in an unjust way?

I would appreciate some recognition! Almost every comment falls on the side of the buyer who was in error! This is ebay, not Nordstrums! What is next, do I need to fly to California to help someone tighten there seat bolt to avoid negative comments in a forum/ebay? I do the best that I can within the restraints of policy. You all are blaming me for doing my job as a distributor of parts!

I have only heard people saying that they would knock my teeth out, and how they will not buy from me. Are you all serious? If you are, then you are missing out! Go to your local shop/dealer; get ripped off! I sell at rock bottom prices, and if one person decides to bad mouth me then I guess all who want to jump on the bandwagon will do so.

Feel free to pay way more then you need to just because you think that one experience defines an individual/business. Feedback is feedback, customer service is customer service. Seperate the two!

I did not get on this forum to tell you all that I was going to beat you up; I got on here for the sole purpose to defend an unjust accusation!

I could spend my time at much better things, but because it seems that everyone here is inclined to jump on the bandwagon, I will not hesitate to state what is fair and proper!

Like it was said to me many times in this thread; it is easy to just type anything in. It is much more difficult to stand behind it! That is what I propose to you all. Stop and read the entire thread; don't take everyone's opinion literally and unbias yourself to see the entire situation. Would any of you done different if you were in my position?
If so, write me a specific question, don't just add your two cents as if you are a devine entity.

I am really curious how many more insulting and unfair reviews I will get by individuals who just read words and have no idea what actually happended. I will truly look forward to seeing what people have to say besides threats and other extremes.

Last edited by ACMPARTSMGR; 28th July 2005 at 22:37..
Old 28th July 2005
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 05
Moker has disabled reputation

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=libel
Old 28th July 2005
Biker

ACMPARTSMGR has disabled reputation

And I quote: "So basically I really don't recommend using American Classic Motors on ebay.
The guy was a total jerk on the phone also."

I wonder if this equals your example?

A false publication, as in writing, print, signs, or pictures, that damages a person's reputation.
The act of presenting such material to the public.

OPINION IS LIEBEL IF MALICE IS PRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread