The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > OFF TOPIC > Health and Fitness
XLF Blogs XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Health and Fitness Here you can post and discuss health and fitness.

Active Threads
0 newbie
Last Post: NLXL
Posted On: 5 Minutes Ago
Replies: 10
Views: 52
0 Compression Tester Differences
Last Post: 60Gunner
Posted On: 6 Minutes Ago
Replies: 15
Views: 578
0 hello and help!
Last Post: doodah man
Posted On: 19 Minutes Ago
Replies: 15
Views: 430
0 This is gonna hurt.
Last Post: Graywolf
Posted On: 22 Minutes Ago
Replies: 7,763
Views: 1,548,917
0 67 to 70 cam cover and sprocket cover.
Posted On: 22 Minutes Ago
Replies: 1
Views: 20
0 MPG HONESTLY, what do you get?
Last Post: koolbreeze
Posted On: 32 Minutes Ago
Replies: 576
Views: 75,222
0 Tired of hearing the Sportster is a girls bike (The one and only Girly Bike Thread)
Last Post: bimbo
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Replies: 3,925
Views: 766,006
0 HAMMERING the Columbia!
Last Post: Turbo Sporty 48
Replies: 54
Views: 10,568
0 Sportster runs only on choke
Last Post: v3ko123
Replies: 0
Views: 11
0 Help with my 2007 883R and Cobra 909 exhaust
Last Post: Glamazon
Replies: 2
Views: 23
0 Do Loud Pipes in fact save lives?
Last Post: Hellbent_4
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 2,555
Views: 272,068
0 battery drain
Last Post: IXL2Relax
Views: 33
0 Ignition coil rating ?
Last Post: IXL2Relax
Views: 35
5 What Color Helmet is Most Noticable?
Last Post: ParrotHead
Replies: 56
Views: 8,642
0 Headlight - What are you using ? - '74 XLH
Last Post: ryder rick
Views: 49
0 Crusty's Travels
Last Post: kkbii
Posted On: 3 Hours Ago
Replies: 2,405
Views: 312,286
0 Happy Birthday Joebobber
Last Post: joes95bobber
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Replies: 10
Views: 193
0 2003 XLH Battery install help
Last Post: John Harper
Replies: 12
Views: 370
0 Breather in cam cover 1985
Last Post: 60Gunner
Replies: 5
Views: 168
0 What did you do for your sporty Today?
Last Post: Bow only
Posted On: 5 Hours Ago
Replies: 6,349
Views: 816,167
0 Poll: Do you change tires yourself?
Last Post: Tomcatt
Replies: 124
Views: 30,327
0 Do people notice your bike?
Last Post: 83XLX
Replies: 1,202
Views: 324,624
0 Hottie of the day, no nudity.
Last Post: trainman
Replies: 13,857
Views: 1,280,692
0 New to us
Last Post: juzyHD
Posted On: 6 Hours Ago
Views: 136
0 What did you do to your EFI Sporty today?
Last Post: ParrotHead
Posted On: 6 Hours Ago
Replies: 3,937
Views: 755,231
11 Ss carburetor
Posted On: 7 Hours Ago
Views: 100
0 Battery Voltage Question
Last Post: canoli
Posted On: 8 Hours Ago
Replies: 3
Views: 119
0 Official XL Forum Random Image Thread (NO NUDITY!)
Last Post: Stairman
Posted On: 8 Hours Ago
Replies: 44,986
Views: 7,086,383
0 Happy Birthday Crusty!!!
Last Post: Folkie
Posted On: 9 Hours Ago
Replies: 9
Views: 101
More...
Members Birthdays
DaddyJay, sixshooter (72), cartoad2001 (70), Dirty Ernie (64), ncpickman (58), bri1200c (56), pquirk (53), GOTWA (50), gremlinsteve (50), lbowles2 (48), Guess (40), rnaway22es, landon283 (31)
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th April 2019
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200V
Sportster/Buell Year: 2013
Sportster/Buell Model #2: KHK
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1954
Other Motorcycle Model: Valkyrie
Other Motorcycle Year: 96
Tim The Grim has a reputation beyond reputeTim The Grim has a reputation beyond reputeTim The Grim has a reputation beyond reputeTim The Grim has a reputation beyond reputeTim The Grim has a reputation beyond reputeTim The Grim has a reputation beyond reputeTim The Grim has a reputation beyond reputeTim The Grim has a reputation beyond reputeTim The Grim has a reputation beyond reputeTim The Grim has a reputation beyond reputeTim The Grim has a reputation beyond repute

I go back to work next Wednesday. My 1st heart attack didn’t hurt. I was running the control board on a bad day and felt chest pressure. It was diagnosed as an anxiety attack. My O2 saturation was only 88 but the EKG showed normal so they sent me back to work.
Two weeks before that I had climbed an 80 foot tall column twice in 6 minutes with no problems. I’m 65.

My 2nd didn’t hurt either. It was mid December, 4:20 am. I had been on nights for 2 months and this was my 12th 12.5 hr outside shift in a row. I just couldn’t make it up the hill to the control house for shift change. I made an excuse that I had to check on the stray cats I feed. 15 minutes later I was ok and made turnover at 5am. I just knew from that moment that something was wrong.

Dec 21, after 2 restful days off, I was cleaning litter boxes before going in on the 1st of 3 night shifts when I just couldn’t catch my breath. I took a shower and told my wife we should go to the new mini hospital down the road. My EKG was perfect but my Troponin level was slightly elevated. No pain just pressure and short of breath. The little hospital got the wheels turning.

3 hospitals, 2 EKGs, Cardiac Ultrasound, Cardiac Cath. A breathing test of some sort that broke the catheter seal on my Femoral Artery and finally a Quadruple Bypass on Christmas Eve. 5 days in the ICU and then home. My wife’s a nurse.

I was a walking time bomb but my heart suffered very little damage.

Since then I’ve been in some form of upper body pain every day. I got off the opiates at 25 days out. 6 days to detox. I had pneumonia 3 weeks ago and the blood thinners keep my nose on the edge of terrifying.

I’ve been in Cardiac Rehab for 20 sessions and it’s the most satisfying medical experience I’ve ever had.
Del Sol Cardiac Rehab ROCKS !!

Today I went back to the clinic at work and had my pre return to work checkup and did ok. Back to work 4/17. A week off each month and retire at Thanksgiving.
Old 11th April 2019
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1994
jcn59 has a reputation beyond reputejcn59 has a reputation beyond reputejcn59 has a reputation beyond reputejcn59 has a reputation beyond reputejcn59 has a reputation beyond reputejcn59 has a reputation beyond reputejcn59 has a reputation beyond reputejcn59 has a reputation beyond reputejcn59 has a reputation beyond reputejcn59 has a reputation beyond reputejcn59 has a reputation beyond repute

I need to add something here. On 10/15/2015 at 2:00 a.m. on an elk hunting trip in the BigHorn mountains, a big wind blew in and devastated our tent camp. I injured my back picking up the mess. A few days later I went to the ER about my back. I explained in complete detail how I injured my back and the doctor, in his devine wisdom, ignored everything I said and determined that I must go in the hospital immediately because I was having a heart attack. He based his decision on a very slightly elevated troponin level. He didn't hear anything I said so I left the ER AMA. I went home and googled troponin and what I learned was that when the medical people first made the troponin connection, it's presence alone was sufficient to determine a heart attack. After a bit they learned that slightly elevated levels could be caused by PAIN. I went to my regular doctor of 15 years & he sent me to get an MRI. Guess what? The MRI showed a crushed disk around L-5 and a crack in the L-4 vertebrae. If the ER doctor would have opened his ears instead of his mouth, I may have gotten an accurate diagnosis.

My reason for writing this is that the doctors are not always right and if you disagree with your doctor, talk with him or see a different physician.
Old 11th April 2019
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1200r
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
TonyGall is an unknown quantity at this point

since my heart attack ive been getting very severe joint pain !! I had tests for arthritis and they come back with early onset arthritis, but the Dr said it shouldn't hurt so bad ?? my cardiac rehab nurse thinks it could be the high dose of statins making it worse ??? is anybody else who's on statins having the same problem ? it is a known side effect.
Old 11th April 2019
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1994
jcn59 has a reputation beyond reputejcn59 has a reputation beyond reputejcn59 has a reputation beyond reputejcn59 has a reputation beyond reputejcn59 has a reputation beyond reputejcn59 has a reputation beyond reputejcn59 has a reputation beyond reputejcn59 has a reputation beyond reputejcn59 has a reputation beyond reputejcn59 has a reputation beyond reputejcn59 has a reputation beyond repute

I had problems with a statin as it was increased years ago, and the doc switched me to a different one. Problems ended. My LDL was 115 when I had my HA; now about 65 on the LDL.
Sponsored Links
Old 12th April 2019
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883/1200 Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 1995
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 11 RK
Other Motorcycle Model: 72 Triumph Daytona
ChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond repute

I was having pretty severe joint pain and a month off the statins didn't help. Diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. Now am on meds to control it and mostly pain free. Before that, when I was having a flair up it was extremely painful, so much so I couldn't walk!

Much better now.
Old 12th April 2019
Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinCactus View Post
I was having pretty severe joint pain and a month off the statins didn't help. Diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. Now am on meds to control it and mostly pain free. Before that, when I was having a flair up it was extremely painful, so much so I couldn't walk!

Much better now.
im 5 weeks of the statins and its no better, going to see the rheumatoid guys in 2 weeks so hopefully they will sort it
Old 13th April 2019
Asgardian

Sportster/Buell Model: 883r
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: Chris Craft 32
Other Motorcycle Year: abov
Ireeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond repute

Thank God de coupe playoffs have not started...
Go U mass!
Old 15th April 2019
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Bama Lee XLC has a reputation beyond reputeBama Lee XLC has a reputation beyond reputeBama Lee XLC has a reputation beyond reputeBama Lee XLC has a reputation beyond reputeBama Lee XLC has a reputation beyond reputeBama Lee XLC has a reputation beyond reputeBama Lee XLC has a reputation beyond reputeBama Lee XLC has a reputation beyond reputeBama Lee XLC has a reputation beyond reputeBama Lee XLC has a reputation beyond reputeBama Lee XLC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGall View Post
since my heart attack ive been getting very severe joint pain !! I had tests for arthritis and they come back with early onset arthritis, but the Dr said it shouldn't hurt so bad ?? my cardiac rehab nurse thinks it could be the high dose of statins making it worse ??? is anybody else who's on statins having the same problem ? it is a known side effect.
have them check for blood / oxygen starvation caused by partially blocked arteries elsewhere......should have been a BIG warning sign for ME
8/10/14 I had a massive heart attack
had been having joint pain for years because clogged arteries weren't letting enough oxygen enriched blood get to the joint tissues.
7 stents, 2 of which went into my ilieac arteries, and quitting the cigarettes later, i'm right as rain

the 2 stents in my ilieac arteries IMMEDIATELY relieved the joint pain that I thought were hips going bad,
Old 15th April 2019
Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Lee XLC View Post
have them check for blood / oxygen starvation caused by partially blocked arteries elsewhere......should have been a BIG warning sign for ME
8/10/14 I had a massive heart attack
had been having joint pain for years because clogged arteries weren't letting enough oxygen enriched blood get to the joint tissues.
7 stents, 2 of which went into my ilieac arteries, and quitting the cigarettes later, i'm right as rain

the 2 stents in my ilieac arteries IMMEDIATELY relieved the joint pain that I thought were hips going bad,
thanks for the info
Old 22nd April 2019
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: BUELL Blast
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Nora44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Get well soon. When i was in the cardiac unit, there was no phone, no TV, no visitors, nothing. They didn't want any outside stresses. I guess things have changed.