The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > VENDORS > DK Custom Products
XLF Blogs XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Active Threads
0 Use the WTB, WTT, WTS, WTG section
Last Post: doodah man
Posted On: 2 Minutes Ago
Replies: 1
Views: 3
0 Parts interchange (Rocker Boxes And Rockers)
Last Post: doodah man
Posted On: 10 Minutes Ago
Replies: 8
Views: 119
0 New handlebar wiring harness 81XLH?
Last Post: owlsplace
Posted On: 34 Minutes Ago
Replies: 7
Views: 350
0 Gasket goo or not to goo
Last Post: hbsporty
Posted On: 37 Minutes Ago
Replies: 11
Views: 166
0 Looking for washer part and speedo drive info
Last Post: 72 Ironhead XLH
Posted On: 39 Minutes Ago
Replies: 5
Views: 43
0 Buying another IH
Last Post: rokytnji
Posted On: 53 Minutes Ago
Replies: 13
Views: 271
0 Hello from California
Last Post: Bryan1976
Posted On: 55 Minutes Ago
Replies: 8
Views: 58
0 First Startup after rebuild questions
Last Post: springcj1
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Replies: 15
Views: 536
0 1977 Ironhead big fuel tank options
Last Post: IronMick
Replies: 32
Views: 15,979
0 Clutch Spring plate poll
Last Post: b0fh
Replies: 303
Views: 58,299
0 Returning Sportster rider
Last Post: clif02
Replies: 4
Views: 32
9 Cracked housing
Last Post: Bruce
Views: 38
0 What’s that sound?
Last Post: mwXL 2006
Replies: 39
Views: 835
0 Grenade plate fix with XR1200 parts...
Last Post: b0fh
Replies: 6
Views: 990
0 Handlebar diameter
Last Post: Iron Mike
Views: 85
0 Gasket set recommendations
Last Post: bustert
Replies: 2
Views: 61
0 The Official SuperLow Thread... Let's See 'Em!!
Last Post: modular
Replies: 97
Views: 35,886
6 Calling all musicians
Last Post: Eddieblz
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 407
Views: 17,844
0 Transformer XR1200
Last Post: tomaso
Replies: 34
Views: 1,781
0 Hot Rods, Rat Rods, and Customs.
Last Post: jharback
Replies: 3,305
Views: 374,248
0 1986-90 Evo Sportsters: What every owner should know but were afraid to ask
Last Post: juzyHD
Replies: 319
Views: 37,160
0 Been Sitting For 5-10 years; Starts, But Dies
Last Post: Flame__
Replies: 6
Views: 157
0 peanut tank on custom
Last Post: Karnevil
Replies: 3
Views: 1,934
0 vibration problem solved - CHECK YOUR FRONT ENGINE MOUNT BOLT!!
Last Post: boomerguy
Posted On: 3 Hours Ago
Replies: 329
Views: 192,254
0 Just wanted to thank everyone
Last Post: iNSaNeSHaNe
Posted On: 3 Hours Ago
Replies: 13
Views: 247
0 hello from a long time lurker
Last Post: priell3
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Replies: 9
Views: 92
0 Official XL Forum Random Image Thread (NO NUDITY!)
Last Post: Stairman
Replies: 43,550
Views: 6,803,545
0 Hottie of the day, no nudity.
Last Post: Stairman
Replies: 10,864
Views: 966,608
0 left him stranded
Last Post: rejeanprimeau
Posted On: 5 Hours Ago
Replies: 9
Views: 280
0 TC88a DIY Power adapter ?
Last Post: rocketmangb
Posted On: 7 Hours Ago
Views: 55
More...
Members Birthdays
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st December 2018
XL Forum Gold Supporting Vendor

Sportster/Buell Model: 883L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
DK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond repute

Lowest Profile A/C On The Market!

www.DKCustom.com
Phone: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com
DK Custom YouTube Videos
Instagram.com/dkcustomproducts
Lots of Photo's at Pinterest

Old 31st December 2018
Chief Opinion Expert

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 05
60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute

E3200 k&n filter?
Looks like the same size/profile as my dragtron II. I do like the option of different covers but twice the cost.
Is the filter included? Dragtron II includes a foam filter. $40+ for the E3200.

I was wondering when/if anyone would come out with something similar. I like the low profile and center bolt cover.

My bad. The backplate and breather systems are included AND the k&n filter. Makes the cost very comparable. Nice job. I like.

The backplate is the support as well, correct? 2 separate things with the dragtron II.

I am curious how the airflow compares to the bigger ones with more surface tho. And the hp/torque difference for that matter.
45/185/N65C/Dragtron II AC K&N filter
VR1 20W50/SpectroSTL 75W140

Last edited by 60Gunner; 31st December 2018 at 19:05..
Old 1st January 2019

DK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60Gunner View Post
E3200 k&n filter?
Looks like the same size/profile as my dragtron II. I do like the option of different covers but twice the cost.
Is the filter included? Dragtron II includes a foam filter. $40+ for the E3200.

I was wondering when/if anyone would come out with something similar. I like the low profile and center bolt cover.

My bad. The backplate and breather systems are included AND the k&n filter. Makes the cost very comparable. Nice job. I like.

The backplate is the support as well, correct? 2 separate things with the dragtron II.

I am curious how the airflow compares to the bigger ones with more surface tho. And the hp/torque difference for that matter.
Thank you!

We've been making the Outlaw 587, in the USA, for over 10 years. I was going to say the Dragron II is a copy, but looking at it, they are not the even close to the same. Perhaps the K&N filter that they use is the same, other than that...very different.

Sportys 07 and up already have a support bracket, so none is needed, earlier years need the additional support bracket, it is separate from the backplate.

Dyno charts can be seen at the Product Page, also there is an overview/comparison of all Outlaw Air Cleaner Systems at this LINK that you may find interesting.
Old 1st January 2019
Chief Opinion Expert

60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute60Gunner has a reputation beyond repute

What's different is about it from the dragtron II other than the center bolt cover?
Old 2nd January 2019

Quote:
What's different is about it from the dragtron II other than the center bolt cover?
Pic of Dragtron II, made in Taiwan.

I have not measured one, but it does look that it sticks out further from the engine than the 587.

Here are a couple of pics of the 587-

Notice how the backplate is flush/flat on the engine side-

In this pic, you can see thru the cover, that the element side is almost completely flush/flat also.

It is also made in the USA with USA sourced material and has a Lifetime Warranty.

Kevin
Old 9th January 2019

The 587 will get you the Most Power with an Awesome Look to Match!

Old 25th January 2019

Go HERE to See the 587!
Old 7th March 2019
Chief Opinion Expert

I'm still looking for a reason to justify getting this. I like the looks, size, and choice of covers. However the flat backplate that you pointed out sits this in further than the Dragtron II is actually one thing that gives me pause. The shape of the backplate on the Dragtron II is is supposed to aid in airflow. Now I'm not sure anyone here has actually tested this concept but I can sure hear it sucking air.
I just don't want to cut myself short on air flow in the name of looks. Something has to make up for the small size and loss of surface area I would think.
Maybe my concern is not warranted.
Sponsored Links
Old 7th March 2019

Quote:
I'm still looking for a reason to justify getting this. I like the looks, size, and choice of covers. However the flat backplate that you pointed out sits this in further than the Dragtron II is actually one thing that gives me pause. The shape of the backplate on the Dragtron II is is supposed to aid in airflow. Now I'm not sure anyone here has actually tested this concept but I can sure hear it sucking air.
I just don't want to cut myself short on air flow in the name of looks. Something has to make up for the small size and loss of surface area I would think.
Maybe my concern is not warranted.
We've never done a dyno comparison with the Dragtron II, so can't tell you for sure what, if any difference there'd be regarding backplate shape.

We have done dyno comps with other backplates that have the rounded shape and the Outlaws always outperformed.

We understand the theory, and the apparent logic, that a rounded intake would speed up the flow. But this has not been our experience on the ones we've tested...the Big Sucker being one of them.

We have a few theories on why, and have built a few prototypes to test our theories, but have not got on the dyno yet with them.

Kevin