The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > GENERAL AREA > Organize a Ride-out or find a riding buddy
XLF Blogs XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Organize a Ride-out or find a riding buddy Here is where you can organize your local ride-outs or search for a new riding buddy.

Active Threads
0 Chinese S&S carbs
Last Post: 11B40
Posted On: 2 Minutes Ago
Replies: 12
Views: 544
0 Hottie of the day, no nudity.
Last Post: trainman
Posted On: 8 Minutes Ago
Replies: 19,944
Views: 2,030,915
0 Keihin Butterfly crack
Last Post: Hippysmack
Posted On: 26 Minutes Ago
Replies: 5
Views: 100
0 2009 XB12R make over.
Last Post: salmanmr
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 11
Views: 6,778
0 Proper XLCH
Last Post: Magneto Sportster
Replies: 95
Views: 17,544
0 1972 Build thread please subscribe
Last Post: Gold Member
Replies: 64
Views: 3,654
0 Another Wrap Post
Last Post: Ireeman
Views: 126
0 Top mount steering damper?
Last Post: salmanmr
Replies: 9
Views: 2,552
0 What a birthday I've had
Replies: 43
Views: 1,249
0 Ignition swap (compatibility?)
Last Post: Maxeffort
Posted On: 3 Hours Ago
Replies: 6
Views: 134
0 Problems relocating coil
Last Post: sportsterdoc
Replies: 8
Views: 191
0 Keep & Kill
Last Post: Crusty
Replies: 17,443
Views: 1,009,898
0 Transformer XR1200
Last Post: wedge
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Replies: 402
Views: 44,162
0 Ironhead carbs
Last Post: Ferrous Head
Replies: 9
Views: 275
0 ....1
Last Post: Graywolf
Replies: 5,544
Views: 323,407
0 "03 vs 04+ Cylinders & Heads: Different Carb Bracket?
Last Post: screndname
Views: 171
0 Gearing Help
Last Post: BigMek
Posted On: 5 Hours Ago
Replies: 3
Views: 63
0 Snippets
Last Post: Crusty
Replies: 150
Views: 13,613
0 baker 6 in 2000 883 conversion primary vent drips
Last Post: Randy_rots
Replies: 2
Views: 44
0 Fixing Digital Gear Indicator
Last Post: IXL2Relax
Replies: 1
Views: 105
0 Top end failure
Last Post: Mission1
Replies: 10
Views: 252
0 Info needed on mini sumps.
Replies: 19
Views: 699
0 Graduated to Ironhead
Last Post: Highly-Dangerous
Posted On: 6 Hours Ago
Replies: 13
Views: 262
0 Official XL Forum Random Image Thread (NO NUDITY!)
Last Post: trainman
Replies: 47,706
Views: 7,636,970
0 Inherited Ironhead
Last Post: Highly-Dangerous
Replies: 8
Views: 146
0 yost power tube guy
Replies: 26
Views: 1,135
0 FDR Drive pothole did this...if u can believe it
Replies: 14
Views: 709
0 Looking for an xlch engine
Last Post: Medyo Bastos
Replies: 0
Views: 48
0 dieseling ? solenoid ? help
Last Post: doodah man
Posted On: 7 Hours Ago
Replies: 6
Views: 143
More...
Members Birthdays

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th May 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1460C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: XL1200R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default New England/MotoMarathon

Am planning to do this run, scheduled for June 9th-12th, it'll be run as a cloverleaf out of New Hampshire. Approximately 300 miles per day, 24 hours to complete each day, NO super-slab, all back roads twisties,this will be the second annual event. Would appreciate doing the run with at least one other rider, and if anyone local is up for it- even better. Funds are tight so if there would be a backyard out there that could accommodate a tent? Come on- Sportys are made for this, although there will probably be a lot of Ducatis, BMW's and such in attendance. Please drop me a P.M., thanks.
I.B.A.#26543, Growing old-Mandatory/ Growing up-optional. Men do not quit playing because they get old, they get old because they stop playing!

The XL Forum Sportsterpedia:
http://sportsterpedia.com/doku.php/start
Old 5th May 2011
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1250s,tax paid
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
kkbii has a brilliant futurekkbii has a brilliant futurekkbii has a brilliant futurekkbii has a brilliant futurekkbii has a brilliant futurekkbii has a brilliant futurekkbii has a brilliant futurekkbii has a brilliant futurekkbii has a brilliant futurekkbii has a brilliant futurekkbii has a brilliant future

Good luck Sportsterpaul. You can tell us all about the ride at the dragon. See you there.Kelley
Old 5th May 2011
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
rpoz20 is a glorious beacon of lightrpoz20 is a glorious beacon of lightrpoz20 is a glorious beacon of lightrpoz20 is a glorious beacon of lightrpoz20 is a glorious beacon of lightrpoz20 is a glorious beacon of lightrpoz20 is a glorious beacon of lightrpoz20 is a glorious beacon of lightrpoz20 is a glorious beacon of lightrpoz20 is a glorious beacon of lightrpoz20 is a glorious beacon of light

Thats the opening weekend of Laconia, if I'm not mistaken, as well.....
Old 6th May 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it falls right between Americade the week before and Laconia, I expect more than a little bike traffic everywhere. After finishing that run I'll have to scoot down to the Gap area to hook up with the Mich. Posse before they return home. And Kelley: I know your bike will handle New Hampshire twisties, plenty of time to get ready!!!
Old 19th May 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

well, just mailed of the check for membership and entry fee. Anyone else up for a good four day run?
Old 14th June 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Okay, 27 competitors on some of the finest Sport Touring machines you'll ever hope to see. The Orange Sporty really looked out of place in that crowd. We ended up doing over 1600 miles in four days over six states in some of the worst weather conditions I've ever ridden in. Went from record heat and humidity, to rain with gusting winds and plunging temperatures. Even with great rain gear people were still soaked. The roads were awesome with the big difference being that the "non-tourist" ones were in really bad shape. Much like our War Zone ones here in Michigan. The best thing I did was hook up with a local, Martin, on a FJR1300 Yammie. We had great finishes all four days including first on day two and three. Day four started,(or didn't acyually), due to a loose negative cable, out with the tools and on the road 20 minutes later. First check point down in Laconia and I had my drive belt drop off at a redlight. Pulled my back-up out of the rear bag and managed a repair in 57 minutes flat! Not bad for an old guy, eh? then over to the "Flower Bridge" I lost my driving lights- damn relay filled up with rust and shorted out. Just happened to have a spare one of those as well, packed it with di-electric grease and popped it in- off and runnig again. Did finish the entire run, badly beaten up from the pounding of the roads and was greatly satisfied, but thouroughly whipped. Maybe next time some other Sporties can make it and give a good showing as well. There were some pictures taken and mine may be featured on their website. www.MotoMarathon.
Old 15th June 2011
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Dearly Departed XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDL Low Rider
Other Motorcycle Year: 2000
JohnK has a brilliant futureJohnK has a brilliant futureJohnK has a brilliant futureJohnK has a brilliant futureJohnK has a brilliant futureJohnK has a brilliant futureJohnK has a brilliant futureJohnK has a brilliant futureJohnK has a brilliant futureJohnK has a brilliant futureJohnK has a brilliant future

Nice run Paul
Great job on the belt change too!

I learned early on that my odds of getting marooned on the side of a road approach ZERO when riding in the likes of your company.

Looking forward to the next opportunity!
Old 16th June 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

John; Any time, any time at all!!!
Old 22nd June 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Need to add this as a wrap up, received an E-Mail from Martin and it included a wrap up he posted on another forum, hope it takes here. http://www.yearroundriders.com/forum...showtopic=7122 Have to add this as well, hope it isn't a repeat the best thing I did was to make the connection with Martin Thorton, a local from New Hampshire on board a Yamaha FJR1300. He was kind enough to take me under his wing and led me through New England for four days. After we completed the marathon, at the wrap up in Danbury Conn, I made the statement that I simply followed his tailights, I also said, and I was sincere, that had he have driven off a forty foot high rock outcropping and plunged into the bowels of the Atlantic Ocean, I would have followed him in!!! A big thank you to Martin. I'd ride with you anywhere!
Old 24th June 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: ElectraKing
Sportster/Buell Year: 03
coastie56 has a spectacular aura aboutcoastie56 has a spectacular aura aboutcoastie56 has a spectacular aura aboutcoastie56 has a spectacular aura aboutcoastie56 has a spectacular aura aboutcoastie56 has a spectacular aura aboutcoastie56 has a spectacular aura aboutcoastie56 has a spectacular aura aboutcoastie56 has a spectacular aura about

Wow, I can't beleive sportsterPaul didn't mention how we road all the way across Canada to Syracuse on a 2 lane country road stopping at every feraking light because HE HATES TOLLS. It took allday and half the night to go across New York to save $1.45. Then we had to set up camp in a bug infested Green Mountain state park and had to pich the tent in the dark. I had forgot that a therma rest was an experience is a lot harder than a mattress, the older I get the tougher I used to be. Paul just laughed it off and thats saying something at his advanced age! Than when we get back I find a bill on his kitchen table from Dr Feltersnatch Neurology Inc for a "gluteus maximus nerve block". wich explains hsi ability to do the iron butts. Sheesh. I had tricked out my Road King with the backrest to keep up with him and I thought I should have brought the sheepskin untill I heard what he likes to do to those. OMG! Well the next day I headed north to Americade and he headed to the "Moto Madness" for his new Bro-mance leaving me heartbroken by the side of the road. He never calls, writes, no flowers.......SLUT!