The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > FORUM FUNCTIONS > Forum Announcments/FAQ/Suggestions/Test > Forum FAQ/HOW TO
XLF Blogs XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Forum FAQ/HOW TO Facts Answers Question about the Sportster Forum and how to use the forum funtions

Active Threads
0 Official XL Forum Random Image Thread (NO NUDITY!)
Last Post: LLOYD883
Posted On: 1 Minute Ago
Replies: 44,158
Views: 6,914,349
0 Bleeding brake
Last Post: mickey t
Posted On: 1 Minute Ago
Replies: 7
Views: 68
0 Rebuild
Last Post: cazz1000
Posted On: 33 Minutes Ago
Replies: 6
Views: 78
0 Hot Chicks on Hot Bikes
Last Post: hammer6315
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Replies: 10,024
Views: 1,668,611
0 2019 East Coast Meet and Greet
Last Post: Screw Loose Dan
Replies: 390
Views: 37,565
0 head and cylinder painting
Last Post: RoadsterMike
Replies: 26
Views: 984
0 Bulbs
Last Post: BigMek
Replies: 2
Views: 151
0 Bike lost power,back fired and stalled
Last Post: IronMick
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 126
Views: 3,618
0 Hey everybody!
Last Post: oreocat1
Replies: 7
Views: 41
0 Parrothead and the 2019 Iron Butt Rally
Last Post: shanneba
Replies: 68
Views: 3,068
0 Efi and carbs
Last Post: Cmd11
Replies: 61
Views: 1,211
0 horizontal mill
Last Post: Hippysmack
Replies: 4
Views: 150
0 Replacing Oil Tank
Replies: 5
Views: 64
0 Primary/gearbox chirp
Last Post: bustert
Posted On: 3 Hours Ago
Replies: 11
Views: 664
0 Need to part with my '59
Last Post: ryder rick
Replies: 16
Views: 732
0 Foot peg stud not lining up with motor cut out
Last Post: ryder rick
Replies: 8
Views: 306
0 surges and/or hunting on 1200 EFI's
Last Post: Tomcatt
Replies: 103
Views: 27,404
0 My wife wanted a Swimming Pool
Last Post: wedge
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Views: 253
0 Converted 883, head questions
Last Post: Glamazon
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Replies: 1
Views: 47
0 super b overflow
Last Post: RussW
Posted On: 5 Hours Ago
Replies: 25
Views: 962
0 Kickstarter return spring
Last Post: brucstoudt
Views: 361
0 Roads I'd like to ride.
Last Post: Stairman
Replies: 1,909
Views: 159,643
0 Hottie of the day, no nudity.
Last Post: Stairman
Replies: 11,860
Views: 1,074,054
0 Share your Sunrise OR Sunset Photos!
Last Post: old dog
Posted On: 6 Hours Ago
Replies: 16
Views: 487
0 What Petcock
Last Post: boomerguy
Posted On: 6 Hours Ago
Replies: 26
Views: 2,561
0 Do people notice your bike?
Last Post: Toejam503
Posted On: 7 Hours Ago
Replies: 1,173
Views: 316,604
0 7 Dead and more wounded
Last Post: tvon
Replies: 36
Views: 1,529
0 Sportsterpedia Progress
Replies: 235
Views: 60,540
0 Crusty's Travels
Last Post: gravydog
Posted On: 8 Hours Ago
Replies: 2,242
Views: 278,352
0 Rear master cyclinder bore size
Last Post: Toejam503
Posted On: 8 Hours Ago
Replies: 1
Views: 72
More...
Members Birthdays
toby61, Stairman (74), Greywolf (70), federico (67), Big D (66), robin82732 (55), jbd777 (49), Steve3888 (47), RIORoosen (45), NXC1978 (41), JeffsJeep04 (34), Matt.loup.t
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th October 2005
The XL Forum Host

Sportster/Buell Model: 883>1250 Stage 2
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Other Motorcycle Model: Road Glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2011
bplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Clarification of XL Forum Premier Subscription

I want to clarify something about the XL Forum Premier subscription via PayPal.

This subscription is for one year as an XL Forum Team Member. Every year, on the anniversary of your XL Forum Team Membership, your PayPal account will be AUTOMATICALLY charged the subscription rate unless you cancel before hand. If the subcription rate is ever rasied you will still be charged only the rate that is was when you initially subscribed, unless of course you cancel you PayPal subscription and it subscription rate has gone up since your initial subscription.

This is all explained in the email you recieve from PayPal once you subscribe.

To cancel your subscription YOU need to login to PayPal and cancel it per the instructions in the email PayPal sent you when you intially subscribed. If you no longer have the email it is not too hard to figure out how to do it once you login to PayPal.

If you cancel your PayPal subscription before your one year XL Forum Team membership is complete I will not cancel your XL Forum Team membership until it expires unless you request me to do so. This means that if you really want to, you can cancel your subscription immediatly after you subscribe.

This has caught some people by surprise in the past and I have immediatly refunded their money when they have requested. I have absolutly no problem doing this.

[CAUTION - RANT MODE ENGAGED]

Now...if you do not follow the instruction I just provided and or the instructions provided by PayPal in the email verifying the begining of your subscription PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO THREATEN ME WITH LEGAL ACTION.

This is an email I received today. Names (except for mine) have been removed to protect the guilty:

Quote:
Hello Bert,
Please do not charge to my pay-pal account without permission.
Please refund this charge.
I no longer own a sporty and no longer subscribe to your boards.
Do this again an I will pursue this legally.
First off I do not charge anyones PayPal account.

Second, it saddens me that people today feel the need to immediatly throw around the phrases like "I will pursue legal action" etc... for every little petty thing that comes up.

I believe that I have shown in the last three years that The XL Forum has been running that I am an honest person. Yes I make a little bit of money by running this website but I also give back a lot. I have given away thousands of dollars worth of prizes, I have given hundreds of dollars to members in need (and they were not even paid members!), I have hundreds of dollars to a member who is pursuing a racing career. I plan to continue to do these thing in the future as I can. I have never asked for a thank you and don't expect to get one. I am able to do these things because of the people who help support the website by signing up for XL Forum Team Memberships If I was a dishonest person it would have surely shown within three years and this website would have dried up and disappeared. I also have NEVER solicited anyone to pay for a subcription to The XL Forum. I do provide information on how to subscribe to those who ask. If these facts do not show my honesty and sincerity then I do not know what will. An unhonest person does not give money away..at least none that I have even known.

BTW - Tell me how many other forums give a way prizes, give funds to members who need them (even when they are not subscribed members). Go ahead list them in this thread.

I do not say this to lift myself up. I give from the XL Forum subscription fund because it makes me happy to give and I do not need anyone else to give me praise for doing this.

If you wanna sue me then sue me, but please do not send me empty petty threats via email. Put you money where your mouth is, hire an attorney and send me a summons to appear in court.

Sorry for the rant but somethings, like people threating me with legal action without having grounds for it, just get the best of me and I have to vent.

[/RANT MODE DISENGAGED]

Finally, I want to thank all of you who have made this, not only the GREATEST SPORTSTER forum, but the GREATEST MOTORCYCLE forum on the Internet, those of you who are XL Forum Team Members and those of you who are regular members. It is you that have made this forum what it is today...not me. In two or three more days we will hit over 1,000,000 hits on this website for just the month of October. This is a NEW record and I am proud of that, but again it is you who have made that happen.

XLF on FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/XLFORUM

AMA #961454

Last edited by bplinson; 25th October 2005 at 19:05..
Old 25th October 2005
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
mikeabe is on a distinguished roadmikeabe is on a distinguished roadmikeabe is on a distinguished roadmikeabe is on a distinguished road

Sorry, that after all you do, you have to put up with that kind of baloney. We appreciate ya.

[I][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="3"]Whatever you are, be a good one[/SIZE][/COLOR][/I] Abraham Lincoln
Old 25th October 2005
The XL Forum Host

Sportster/Buell Model: 883>1250 Stage 2
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Other Motorcycle Model: Road Glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2011
bplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond repute

And before the person who threatened me posts my email reply to him/her here it is word for word:

Quote:
I did not charge your PayPal account, you charged yourself.

If you had taken the time to read the email PayPal sent you when you subscribed you would have seen that you will be automatically charged until you cancel your subscription. To cancel your subscription please login to PayPal and cancel it.

I, of course, will happily refund you money and by the time you read this your refund will have already been processed. There is no reason for you to threaten me with legal action; 1) because I am an honest person, 2) I don't need your money, 3) because you have no legal grounds to pursue legal action against me.

It is sad that we are living in a world where the first thing a person does is threaten another with legal action before talking it through and finding out the facts. In over 2 years of running my subscription program you are the only person to threaten me. But if you truly would like to pursue legal action I will gladly provide you with the name and address of my attorney and you may contact her.

The XL Forum will always be available for you when you decide to come back!

Have a great day!
Old 25th October 2005
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2014
whispanic has a spectacular aura aboutwhispanic has a spectacular aura aboutwhispanic has a spectacular aura aboutwhispanic has a spectacular aura aboutwhispanic has a spectacular aura aboutwhispanic has a spectacular aura aboutwhispanic has a spectacular aura aboutwhispanic has a spectacular aura aboutwhispanic has a spectacular aura aboutwhispanic has a spectacular aura aboutwhispanic has a spectacular aura about

That email was ghey!

Adios
PROUD MEMBER OF THE XL FORUM

Whispanic
Old 25th October 2005
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 02
kjbsporty is an unknown quantity at this point

The more I time I spend on this forum the more I think it is the best out there. I am going to subscribe when I get the money (hopefully next month)

A big thanks to Bert and all that help him to run or moderate this forum.

If you would rather be riding your Harley, why aren't you?
Old 25th October 2005
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2014
whispanic has a spectacular aura aboutwhispanic has a spectacular aura aboutwhispanic has a spectacular aura aboutwhispanic has a spectacular aura aboutwhispanic has a spectacular aura aboutwhispanic has a spectacular aura aboutwhispanic has a spectacular aura aboutwhispanic has a spectacular aura aboutwhispanic has a spectacular aura aboutwhispanic has a spectacular aura aboutwhispanic has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by whispanic
That email was ghey!
So ghey we shoulda poked it with a nanner!

Adios...again
Old 25th October 2005
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
SixMilesFromHell is a splendid one to beholdSixMilesFromHell is a splendid one to beholdSixMilesFromHell is a splendid one to beholdSixMilesFromHell is a splendid one to beholdSixMilesFromHell is a splendid one to beholdSixMilesFromHell is a splendid one to beholdSixMilesFromHell is a splendid one to beholdSixMilesFromHell is a splendid one to beholdSixMilesFromHell is a splendid one to beholdSixMilesFromHell is a splendid one to beholdSixMilesFromHell is a splendid one to behold

Bert,

When you deal with a large group of people, you will run across the bad apples. It sucks, but that’s the way it is. I will presume to speak for the majority. We greatly appreciate the service your forum provides. And speaking for myself, I am glad to hear you make a couple bucks for all your efforts. It is your vision and vigilance that keeps this forum an enjoyable place to visit. When I am in a financial position to provide greater support for this forum I will, until then, I appreciate the fact that I am still welcome here.

Thanks,
SMFH
Old 25th October 2005
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200R (totalled
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDC
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
PlanB has a reputation beyond reputePlanB has a reputation beyond reputePlanB has a reputation beyond reputePlanB has a reputation beyond reputePlanB has a reputation beyond reputePlanB has a reputation beyond reputePlanB has a reputation beyond reputePlanB has a reputation beyond reputePlanB has a reputation beyond reputePlanB has a reputation beyond reputePlanB has a reputation beyond repute

Take your meds, Whispanic, or we'll have to put you back in your cage!

Bert, I am hoping this is your only incident of this type...this forum (well, let's say it...YOU) have created a masterpiece as far as any other motorcycle forum goes...do a survey and it will be 100%! Kiltbill's recent thread, "XL Forum - What's the Point?" http://xlforum.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=15500 is a sample of how we feel about this forum. Like Grandma used to say, "Don't let one apple spoil the bushel" or something like that! And I agree...this lawsuit threat crap needs to end soon...what a waste of time and money...you answered this person a lot more tactfully than I would've/could've...I read the agreement to the subscription when I signed on, and my only concern was how was I going to remember to deduct it from my checking account this year if it happens automatically? I imagine PayPal sends me a receipt, but if not, it's not rocket science to check your account on there occassionally! I have no idea who this person is, but I feel it was quite rude to leave without saying goodbye anyway, whether to all of us or just to you! This IS a type of extended family, ya know!
Old 25th October 2005
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
nitrosporty has disabled reputation

Your reply explains your position clearly, well put! Normally these folk who threaten legal action do so cause thats the only strength they have. Surely legal action (whatever the problem) is the last action to consider, when all else has failed. Wimps, if you ask me.
Old 25th October 2005
Senior Chief Harley Engineer 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883C (1235 Conv)
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
KC_Sporty_Gal is a name known to allKC_Sporty_Gal is a name known to allKC_Sporty_Gal is a name known to allKC_Sporty_Gal is a name known to allKC_Sporty_Gal is a name known to allKC_Sporty_Gal is a name known to allKC_Sporty_Gal is a name known to allKC_Sporty_Gal is a name known to allKC_Sporty_Gal is a name known to allKC_Sporty_Gal is a name known to allKC_Sporty_Gal is a name known to all

Hey Bert. Is there anyway we can get an email reminder that our subscription is expiring? I just want to make sure I have money in the bank before paypal automatically pulls the money.

I would love to be able to purchase a lifetime subscription or something.

"Ruth" '05 XL883C -> 1212 -> 1235 (don't ask) - Pearl Yellow
Progressive Fork Springs, Progressive 412s w/ heavy duty springs, 883 -> 1200 NRHS conversion (at 1235 Now), Daytona Twin Tec Ignition, Hurricane AC