The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE FORUM > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Blogs XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Active Threads
0 Oil Pump Upgrade with Pics
Last Post: 60Gunner
Posted On: 7 Minutes Ago
Replies: 2
Views: 26
0 Teach me about front end and fork tube length
Last Post: rokytnji
Posted On: 10 Minutes Ago
Replies: 5
Views: 36
0 Clutchlite ramps with pictures
Last Post: wedge
Posted On: 19 Minutes Ago
Replies: 46
Views: 5,562
0 1986-90 Evo Sportsters: What every owner should know but were afraid to ask
Last Post: Four Speed
Posted On: 30 Minutes Ago
Replies: 361
Views: 43,415
4 The no-debate OIL POLL
Last Post: Clevspeed
Posted On: 35 Minutes Ago
Replies: 225
Views: 65,706
0 Primary will not seal
Last Post: shooterj2003
Posted On: 41 Minutes Ago
Replies: 30
Views: 602
0 How to eliminate TSM on 2000
Last Post: IXL2Relax
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Replies: 17
Views: 442
0 ***DK Custom Products - No More Mess Oil Changes + Cooler Running Motor***
Last Post: DK Custom
Replies: 18
Views: 3,963
0 ***DK Custom-*NEW* On Our Site-Scratch & Dent Specials***
Last Post: DK Custom
Views: 728
0 Patriot Defender whats the next best exhaust?
Last Post: Tomcatt
Replies: 186
Views: 33,208
0 Collapsed lifter??
Last Post: vagrant318
Replies: 7
Views: 100
0 keep fouling rear plug
Last Post: seajay
Replies: 1
Views: 23
0 Seen on Facebook market Place
Last Post: ken883/1200
Replies: 0
Views: 18
0 What did you do for your sporty Today?
Last Post: Highly-Dangerous
Replies: 6,153
Views: 781,851
0 rattles like a can of bolts
Last Post: bustert
Views: 206
0 Tubeless valve stem
Replies: 6
Views: 157
0 no need to take off derby cover??
Last Post: wedge
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 13
Views: 218
0 Race Report (Short Video)
Last Post: Scott
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 11
Views: 182
0 28 years later..
Last Post: USAFpj
Posted On: 3 Hours Ago
Replies: 42
Views: 1,963
0 sluggish advance weights
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Replies: 13
Views: 215
0 Sportster Crankcase Pressure / Engine Breathing / Wetsumping and Mods
Posted On: 5 Hours Ago
Replies: 126
Views: 4,318
0 Urgent: Please help with brake lines
Last Post: christophoro
Replies: 0
Views: 29
0 Official XL Forum Random Image Thread (NO NUDITY!)
Last Post: Stairman
Replies: 44,397
Views: 6,975,122
0 Hottie of the day, no nudity.
Last Post: Stairman
Replies: 12,347
Views: 1,124,715
0 ....1
Last Post: Highly-Dangerous
Replies: 4,927
Views: 290,008
0 New Harley Owner
Last Post: oreocat1
Posted On: 6 Hours Ago
Replies: 11
Views: 87
0 You asked for it! "The Tess' Coffee Thread"
Replies: 10,798
Views: 872,490
0 1982 Ironhead Washer Part
Last Post: class of 82
Replies: 9
Views: 212
More...
Members Birthdays
stevervp, philvet (76), outlawreb (64), rabes56 (63), Bigmatt (61), Beaker666 (55), hippiemwc (55), wumm883c (53), 2wheeltodd (52), israel (47), XRWeasel (45), Stitch (42), Dekooy (36), Titaniumrust (36), Ameri-Deutsch (35)
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8 Hours Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
boomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond reputeboomerguy has a reputation beyond repute

Glamazon, you're a fantastic "visual" writer. Keep it up! As you can see from my Username, we're from the same time period and being a "yank", the word "Liverpool" catches my attention and sends me back to my teenage years.
To quote my mom from years ago, "I'm an 18 year old trapped in a 70 year old body." I refuse to grow up. Like you, my body has placed liquid pleasures out of bounds - "Blues, burger and a 7-Up" is a party for me.
I'm fortunate enough that I live in a rural area and I can take a 10-minute ride into the mountains to catch a sunrise or sunset which is fantastic while sitting on a motorcycle.
Also, as I see the newer models coming out, I appreciate my old, unimproved Sporty more and more.
Thanks again and don't change!
Old 3 Hours Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
harley506d has a reputation beyond reputeharley506d has a reputation beyond reputeharley506d has a reputation beyond reputeharley506d has a reputation beyond reputeharley506d has a reputation beyond reputeharley506d has a reputation beyond reputeharley506d has a reputation beyond reputeharley506d has a reputation beyond reputeharley506d has a reputation beyond reputeharley506d has a reputation beyond reputeharley506d has a reputation beyond repute

Decided to replace the front brake line as i always had a bit of a spongy feel to the lever.
Put on a new Galfer line but thought the banjo bolts were a bit sloppy in the banjo's.
Anyway, fitted them up and spent ages bleeding the bloody thing, still a bit spongy so left the lever tied up under pressure to try and achieve a solid lever. Came back after a coffee and smoke and found leaks at both ends.
Took the line off and put the original one back on but dropped a washer that i could not find anywhere.
Took the tank off to help find the offending little sod. Still could not find it.
After an hour searching for it, gave up and decided to put the tank back on.
The block of wood that i use to prop the tank off the tap assembly dropped off the bench as i lifted the tank and it landed on my big toe. Normally not an issue in my work boots, but because it's so hot, i had my sandals on. Unbelievable.Toes going a lovely shade of black as i type.
I've done the Euro-millions lottery for tonight, what do you think my chances of winning are?
Old 2 Hours Ago
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Bored now has a reputation beyond reputeBored now has a reputation beyond reputeBored now has a reputation beyond reputeBored now has a reputation beyond reputeBored now has a reputation beyond reputeBored now has a reputation beyond reputeBored now has a reputation beyond reputeBored now has a reputation beyond reputeBored now has a reputation beyond reputeBored now has a reputation beyond reputeBored now has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerguy View Post
I had one fail but failed to fail correctly, thank God. The kickstand light came on while I was riding which should have killed the engine. It didn't but I was afraid to ride it until I replaced the switch. If you put down the kickstand with the motor running and in gear, the motor died; if it was in neutral, it kept running. Since I always parked it in gear, I didn't need the kill switch to stop the engine. I liked it until it failed -- after that, not so much. I got rid of the bike and only ride my Sportster now.
I had this on my sports bike, it is designed not to cut the engine if the bike is in motion when it detects a stand down, on mine the spring broke, kept running until I stopped to check out the noise but would not then restart and pull off without cutting the engine untill I found some string at the road side and tied up the stand, not easy on your own and then when I got home had to cut the string with my pocket knife, risking a five year prison sentence here in the UK.
Old 1 Hour Ago
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: Big Dog K9
Other Motorcycle Year: 2006
Highly-Dangerous has a reputation beyond reputeHighly-Dangerous has a reputation beyond reputeHighly-Dangerous has a reputation beyond reputeHighly-Dangerous has a reputation beyond reputeHighly-Dangerous has a reputation beyond reputeHighly-Dangerous has a reputation beyond reputeHighly-Dangerous has a reputation beyond reputeHighly-Dangerous has a reputation beyond reputeHighly-Dangerous has a reputation beyond reputeHighly-Dangerous has a reputation beyond reputeHighly-Dangerous has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamazon View Post
One of my favourite rides after running some errands. Through Thornton , Singleton & Greenhalgh to Preston. Then on A565 through Banks, Tarleton, Southport & my favourite the Ainsdale sand dunes. Kestrels & buzzards hunting in the early evening sun. Through Ince Blundell, Formby & Crosby to Liverpool. I always get a buzz when I see the cranes & the elevated dual carriageway & through the rundown docklands to open night at Liverpool clubhouse. Chilling out to rock & blues & a burger & 7 up.(Never drink & ride & am a virtual teetotaller as my alcohol tolerance decreased with age).
Back home in the twilight, it's got colder now, glad i took a long sleeved top, warm gloves & the tube shaped mask, bandana, hair band thingy.Mast House, Lions Gate & West lodge all look spectacularly spooky in the dark as does the sand hills with bats & owls now silent fun fair at Southport. Wish I'd took pictures. Bit of muscle pain in my shoulder, arms & wrists but a great ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinCactus View Post
Great write up. I can "see" what you saw. Enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerguy View Post
Glamazon, you're a fantastic "visual" writer. Keep it up! As you can see from my Username, we're from the same time period and being a "yank", the word "Liverpool" catches my attention and sends me back to my teenage years.
To quote my mom from years ago, "I'm an 18 year old trapped in a 70 year old body." I refuse to grow up. Like you, my body has placed liquid pleasures out of bounds - "Blues, burger and a 7-Up" is a party for me.
I'm fortunate enough that I live in a rural area and I can take a 10-minute ride into the mountains to catch a sunrise or sunset which is fantastic while sitting on a motorcycle.
Also, as I see the newer models coming out, I appreciate my old, unimproved Sporty more and more.
Thanks again and don't change!