The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUMģ

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUMģ > GENERAL AREA > Off-Topic/General Discussion
XLF Blogs XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Off-Topic/General Discussion Here is you can submit non-Sportster related topics. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION PLEASE.

Active Threads
0 Tranny oil
Last Post: rejeanprimeau
Posted On: 3 Minutes Ago
Replies: 14
Views: 309
0 ultima install without VOES
Last Post: supermotolew
Posted On: 6 Minutes Ago
Replies: 0
Views: 1
0 Mikuni Knock Off "REVEALED" !!!
Last Post: rejeanprimeau
Posted On: 18 Minutes Ago
Replies: 5
Views: 241
0 ....1
Last Post: DEEP DIVER
Posted On: 24 Minutes Ago
Replies: 5,592
Views: 324,923
0 Why such heavy oil in Sportster?
Last Post: Folkie
Posted On: 53 Minutes Ago
Replies: 41
Views: 1,654
0 Oh these college kids
Last Post: Highly-Dangerous
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Replies: 13
Views: 1,384
0 How many miles are on your sporty?
Last Post: bordens
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Replies: 1,216
Views: 318,420
0 Yearly Allotment of Miles
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 6
Views: 113
0 Headwork
Last Post: Staffords
Views: 15
0 New guy from IL
Last Post: TamiSchall
Replies: 11
Views: 211
0 Hot Chicks on Hot Bikes
Replies: 10,820
Views: 2,074,754
0 73 XL 1000 Sportster - SOLENOID BYPASS
Last Post: 4th of July
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Views: 26
0 You asked for it! "The Tess' Coffee Thread"
Last Post: sportsterpaul
Posted On: 6 Hours Ago
Replies: 11,055
Views: 1,005,059
0 Poll: If you had to have a stock sporty, what would it be?
Last Post: davesz1r
Replies: 605
Views: 191,911
0 WTB: XR1200 Luggage Rack and Tailbag (OEM)
Last Post: Hippysmack
Replies: 1
Views: 47
0 Current projects (2 of them anyway)
Last Post: Ferrous Head
Replies: 48
Views: 1,863
0 Snippets
Last Post: sportsterpaul
Replies: 174
Views: 15,696
0 Chinese S&S carbs
Last Post: Ferrous Head
Replies: 75
Views: 3,786
0 My take on the world ~ Photo by Trace
Last Post: sportytrace
Replies: 1,088
Views: 156,553
0 What did you do for your sporty Today?
Last Post: hammer6315
Replies: 6,997
Views: 993,435
0 Sportster Fork Upgrade
Last Post: PetesPonies
Posted On: 7 Hours Ago
Replies: 82
Views: 16,305
0 1979 Ironhead Starter Washer, Bushing
Last Post: Tipofthelake
Posted On: 7 Hours Ago
Replies: 4
Views: 120
0 Highway cruise speed
Last Post: rich56
Posted On: 8 Hours Ago
Replies: 15
Views: 1,063
0 Be Careful Out There!
Last Post: RDHenley
Posted On: 8 Hours Ago
Replies: 5
Views: 250
0 This is gonna hurt.
Last Post: 1skullster1
Posted On: 9 Hours Ago
Replies: 8,123
Views: 1,717,136
0 The last of a dying breed...
Last Post: Bryan1976
Replies: 13
Views: 614
0 Range With Carby 3.3 Gal Tank
Last Post: smilinbrad
Replies: 90
Views: 46,077
0 Parts
Last Post: NLXL
Posted On: 10 Hours Ago
Replies: 3
Views: 93
0 Shovster build take2
Last Post: kitabel
Posted On: 10 Hours Ago
Replies: 23
Views: 607
0 Cam needle bearings correct install
Last Post: Nitro57xl
Posted On: 11 Hours Ago
Replies: 7
Views: 199
More...
Members Birthdays
flattracker1 (79), al sena (70), SwissXL (56), greendarren7 (49), martian (45), thadf (44), NOGOOD1%ÄR (37)

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th May 2020
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883C
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2002
Other Motorcycle Model: Street XG500
Other Motorcycle Year: 2015
RDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
Flooded Roads and a Subway
There are signs on Route 9 designating it as the AA Highway. I chuckled about that. A straight road called the AA Highway. One sign I particularly liked said, STAY ALERT ON THE AA HIGHWAY. I was regretting not having brought the camera.
Life is Good.
I ran that AA Highway in the semi once, it's a handful alright, but one of the prettiest roads. There's a lot of the state highways in that part of OH and KY that are pretty awesome. Looking forward to doing it on the bike sometime.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 CX
Sportster/Buell Year: 2016
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH 1000
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1978
Other Motorcycle Model: XL 1200 R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2005
Crusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond repute

Companyís Coming!

Tomorrow, my garage is going to be filled with Sportsters! Paul, Brian, Mike and Greg will be rolling in; most likely during a thunderstorm. I just checked the weather and thereíre supposed to be scattered thunderstorms from 10:00 AM through 8:00 PM with varying probabilities ranging from 30% to 80%.

Well; if they arrive soaked, I have towels ready for the shower, and the washer and dryer are standing by. I also should have a decent meal ready. The pulled chicken is in the crock pot and it should be done shortly. Itíll sit for a day so that the flavors will meld happily and Iíll heat it back up just before dinner. Iím also going to fix roasted potato wedges to go along with the sandwiches. Now, I just need to think about desserts. Iím thinking something simple like maybe Klondike bars. I have plenty of coffee, Pepsi, Gatorade and bottled water and nobody has indicated that they want or need anything different to drink, so I think thatís all covered.

Yesterday, I went a bit nuts and cleaned most of the house. It started at 6:00 AM when I took my morning shower. Before I even dried off, I grabbed a cleaning sponge and a can of Comet and scrubbed down the shower. After I had my morning coffee, I did the rest of the bathroom, then threw the rugs in the washer while I mopped the floor.

Since I had the mop out, I did the kitchen floor, then cleaned the stove top and counter. Last night, I started the chicken. I mixed the seasoning, ketchup and brown sugar with water and put it in the crock pot with approximately four pounds of Chicken breast and turn it on low. In another half hour or so, Iíll attack the chunks of chicken with two forks and pull it apart. Then itíll go back into the pot to slowly cook for a short time more. Then itíll sit until tomorrow. Iím pretty sure everybody will like it.

Iím about 50% sure that Iím going to take the 16 to Cuba. I can put the seat from the 05 on it, and Iíve got my stuff in a fairly large gym bag that I can strap down to the passenger seat. Itís not a good setup for serious traveling, but it should work for a weekend ride. It would make more sense to take the 05. It has the hard bags and the bigger gas tank, the sissy bar & backrest and I know itís a damned good traveling machine. Thatís the 50% thatís saying to wait until I get the 16 set up a little better. I have to hit the supermarket in a little while and Iíll be taking the 05, since it has the bags. The 16 is pulling at my heart, but the 05 is just as beautiful. The bags will probably be the deciding factor. That gym bag isnít nearly as nice as hard bags.
I guess Iím still pretty torn. When I started this paragraph, I was 95% sure I was going to take the 16. After writing things down, Iím now leaning towards the 05. Once I get some bags on the 16, Iíll feel better about traveling on it. Iíll be getting some soft bag brackets this coming month, then sheíll be ready enough. I think I just made my decision.

So; itís time to attack the chicken with the forks, then Iíll head for the supermarket and get the rolls, dessert, ketchup and some munchies. I donít have company often, so itís a fun thing when I do.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1460C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: XL1200R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute

John, looking forward to pulling up your driveway again. Don't be spending money on us old farts, we don’t require much, it is evident that none of us has starved! A dry place to lay our heads is basic, just sharing good company is priority one. Wasn't seeing the rain on radar, did look at the storm track from Cristobal and it looked to be staying to the West running north over Chicago way. See you tomorrow !
I.B.A.#26543, Growing old-Mandatory/ Growing up-optional. Men do not quit playing because they get old, they get old because they stop playing!

The XL Forum Sportsterpedia:
http://sportsterpedia.com/doku.php/start

Last edited by sportsterpaul; 4 Weeks Ago at 18:46..
Old 4 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Crusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond repute

This whole dinner is costing me less than one meal at Denny's, so don't worry about it. It's worth a lot more than that to me just for the enjoyment I'm getting from doing it!

I just pulled the chicken apart and it's tasting really good! If anybody has any requests for beverages other that what I've got, let me know now. I'm heading out to the Supermarket in a very short while.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 2004 XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: SOLD
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 2000 X-1 lightning
Sportster/Buell Year #2: SOLD
Other Motorcycle Model: XB1200XT "Uly"
Other Motorcycle Year: 2009
sprink has a reputation beyond reputesprink has a reputation beyond reputesprink has a reputation beyond reputesprink has a reputation beyond reputesprink has a reputation beyond reputesprink has a reputation beyond reputesprink has a reputation beyond reputesprink has a reputation beyond reputesprink has a reputation beyond reputesprink has a reputation beyond reputesprink has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks John. See you tomorrow!
Old 4 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default M&g

Departing in the morning but keeping an eye on the sky. Looks to be a wet run down into Ohio, hopefully we break out of it before Cincinnati.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883/1200 Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 1995
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 11 RK
ChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond reputeChinCactus has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a mini east coast meet up! Pics will be in order!
Old 4 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Default M&g:

This will likely be epic, we understand that the Governor learned we were due into the State and has their National Guard on standby. ďStairmansĒ reputation has proceeded him, am thinking Cuba will never be the same again.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Any idea when you'll be getting close to Cheviot? I don't want to be away when you guys arrive, like I was last year.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Default M&g:

Our travel down through Ohio and the weather encountered will determine our progress. We can and will call leaving Brian’s, can try again when we hit the Cincy bypass?

Last edited by sportsterpaul; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:04..