The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > GENERAL AREA > Off-Topic/General Discussion
XLF Blogs XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Off-Topic/General Discussion Here is you can submit non-Sportster related topics. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION PLEASE.

Active Threads
0 Hammer 1275 clang noise, slow oil feed, kinked crankcase vent.
Last Post: BestCoastXL
Posted On: 5 Minutes Ago
Replies: 320
Views: 8,361
0 Newbie from the UK
Last Post: Folkie
Posted On: 13 Minutes Ago
Replies: 3
Views: 18
0 Rocker box
Last Post: rubine
Posted On: 15 Minutes Ago
Replies: 1
Views: 42
0 Sportsters No More?
Last Post: kitabel
Posted On: 15 Minutes Ago
Replies: 53
Views: 2,546
0 Corona Virus
Last Post: Hippysmack
Posted On: 45 Minutes Ago
Replies: 1,545
Views: 151,125
0 Ugh the old girl is fighting back
Last Post: 79Harleydavidson
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Replies: 0
Views: 29
0 Ironhead Exhaust Poll
Last Post: IronMick
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 206
Views: 59,202
0 dragging a parachute
Last Post: XL Ed
Replies: 20
Views: 794
0 Do you blow dry your ride after wash
Last Post: Toejam503
Replies: 173
Views: 18,673
0 Official XL Forum Random Image Thread (NO NUDITY!)
Last Post: Stairman
Posted On: 3 Hours Ago
Replies: 50,274
Views: 8,245,585
0 Hottie of the day, no nudity.
Last Post: Stairman
Replies: 28,193
Views: 2,982,409
0 Carb tuning
Last Post: piratemike
Replies: 6
Views: 163
0 Vote for Most Sought After Sportster
Last Post: Daddio
Replies: 333
Views: 81,197
0 top end
Last Post: Whitewalls
Replies: 10
Views: 392
0 05 Roadster motors
Last Post: shanneba
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Replies: 1
Views: 67
0 Keep & Kill
Last Post: Graywolf
Posted On: 5 Hours Ago
Replies: 21,208
Views: 1,251,177
0 Well... it kinda.... works.
Last Post: Steve9
Replies: 17
Views: 1,045
0 Piston Hit Intake Valve
Last Post: needspeed
Replies: 26
Views: 1,010
0 575 cams clearance issues?
Last Post: aswracing
Replies: 2
Views: 115
0 Breaking News: Northerner terrifies Londoners
Last Post: DEEP DIVER
Replies: 2
Views: 104
0 1999 1200S Sport ignition
Last Post: bustert
Posted On: 6 Hours Ago
Replies: 30
Views: 1,963
0 This week on Craig's list
Last Post: Steve9
Posted On: 6 Hours Ago
Replies: 5,202
Views: 784,695
0 Iree's late night cafe
Posted On: 8 Hours Ago
Replies: 1,868
Views: 278,602
0 This is gonna hurt.
Posted On: 8 Hours Ago
Replies: 8,417
Views: 1,861,814
0 what brand of spark plug do you use?
Last Post: sportsterdoc
Posted On: 10 Hours Ago
Replies: 349
Views: 89,682
0 2002 convert ignition for dual port heads
Last Post: CCC
Posted On: 14 Hours Ago
Replies: 7
Views: 440
0 Flywheel washer - material/part number
Last Post: needspeed
Posted On: 15 Hours Ago
Replies: 6
Views: 237
0 "The Blues" thread!
Replies: 992
Views: 112,469
0 Sportsterpedia Progress
Last Post: Hippysmack
Replies: 328
Views: 95,189
5 Poll: Milwaukee-Eight Sportster Engine Size
Last Post: Brad
Replies: 27
Views: 1,745
More...
Members Birthdays
jscibello (69), Reign (62), corad (58), desertratguy2001 (57), giggsbryan97 (46), gdice1 (43), judas (39), schruddy (37), Wrong Way (34), Crank

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1981
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDC
Other Motorcycle Year: 2013
Steve9 has a reputation beyond reputeSteve9 has a reputation beyond reputeSteve9 has a reputation beyond reputeSteve9 has a reputation beyond reputeSteve9 has a reputation beyond reputeSteve9 has a reputation beyond reputeSteve9 has a reputation beyond reputeSteve9 has a reputation beyond reputeSteve9 has a reputation beyond reputeSteve9 has a reputation beyond reputeSteve9 has a reputation beyond repute

Wizard's shine master.

I have been looking for good wax, I'll look it up
'01 Cyclone
'13 FXDC 96" stock
Old 2 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 CX
Sportster/Buell Year: 2016
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH 1000
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1978
Other Motorcycle Model: XL 1200 R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2005
Crusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond repute

In The Land Of Bizarro

Yesterday, I had a particularly bad migraine. It was the kind that would alternately have me wired and unable to lay still, or I was nearly comatose and totally exhausted and in either state, my head felt like it was being crushed by an overweight garbage truck. To put it bluntly, it sucked.

However, during one of the restless spells, I went down to the garage and put the new black nickel turn signals on the Gentleman’s Express. When I bought them, I thought I was getting gloss black turn signals. I missed the word nickel in the description. After debating with myself for a few days, I decided they would look better than the chrome signals. I didn’t realize that it was going to be as involved as it was. I had to remove the seat, luggage rack and fuel tank, plus a couple of covers to get at the connector. I just moved slowly and somewhat methodically and I was successful. It took me well over an hour, but I got the job done and done right.

The jury is still out on whether I’ll keep the black nickel or replace them with gloss black painted signals, but I like them better than the stock chrome pieces.

Because of the migraine and all the sleep I got during the day, I was wide awake at 2:20 AM. The headache had eased considerably and I drank a bottle of water to cut my thirst. The rain had stopped and we now had some strong gusty winds. I was awake until 4:00 AM, then I went back to sleep. I had managed to get derailed from my original train of thought, however.

Now that it’s after 9:00 in the morning, I still feel like writing about bizarre things like why do tastes change? I was thinking about that quite a bit while I had the migraine. My mind goes off in some really, um, irregular directions when I get one.

It started when I tried to drink a cup of coffee and it tasted like crap. That’s a taste that comes and goes with me, but I mostly love coffee. When I was a kid, I hated the taste of coffee, but as I got older, I began to like it. For years, I would only drink it with cream and sugar. In my 20s, I was happy with Instant coffee, but then I went to Nairobi and fell in love with Kenya coffee. I flat loved Kenya coffee and that’s all I would buy if it was available. However, after my heart surgery, I lost my taste for coffee for a while. It came back, but it isn’t like it was. I still enjoy it, but not with the old intensity.

When I was little, I hated the taste of peas (canned). I don’t know exactly when or why, but then I no longer disliked them and for a while, I even loved them. That’s another taste that’s dimmed.

In the 70s, I didn’t like cheesecake at all. In the 80s, however, I flat loved it enough that I would buy a slice every night on my way to work (I was on the Graveyard Shift). Once again, I still like it, but only occasionally and not that intensely. There are many more examples. And then there are the items I used to love, but now dislike. Why don’t I like those BBQ chips (brand name withheld) that I used to love? How about those burgers (again, name withheld) that I once couldn’t get enough of, but now turn me right off?

Taste can be a funny thing. In 1983, I was eating a roast beef sandwich when a bee landed on it. When I took my next bite, it stung me on the tongue. I instantly lost my taste for roast beef for over a year. It didn’t matter that I knew it wasn’t the sandwich, my enjoyment was gone. I really disliked Roast Beef for a long time.

I suppose that if I was starving, my taste preferences would change drastically, but I hope I never find out.

I think I’ll have some oatmeal for breakfast. I haven’t burned out on that, yet. I probably will, though.
Old 1 Week Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Crusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond reputeCrusty has a reputation beyond repute

Some Good News

My day is off to a good start!

Dear John Jackson,

Your Leatherman is in good hands! Our warranty experts have received your item(s) and are in the process of inspecting and repairing your Leatherman product(s).

To ensure it meets our factory standards, please allow 5-7 days for this process. Once we’re confident your tool(s) will perform, we’ll notify you and ship them back home.

Happy fixing!

The Leatherman Warranty Team

My Leatherman is being refurbed and I have a new belt pouch on the way to put it in. Now, all I need to do is get a new flip phone. That will be soon; my present phone is acting up.

Not only that, but the last half of the 10 day forecast is for high temps in the 70s.

Boy, is life getting Good or what!
Old 1 Week Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1460C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: XL1200R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute

John, a belated thank you for your gracious hosting Brian and myself on our recent excursion to Cheviot. Good to see you again and even better to share some road time. Also thank you for the heads up on the “Skyline” chilli, a unique and satisfying meal. Will have to do it again now that the ice has been broken. Seems liked we caught almost every single stoplight getting back through Cincinnati and the experience continued out between Lebanon and Xenia. Made Brian’s just in time to take the lovely Laura out to dinner. The next day was a good run home for me, just over 500+ miles in three days helped with the “tramping need” that you speak of so eloquently. Big smile pulling into my drive but also more than a little sore. Very good for the first extended run of ,2021. Thank you my friend!
I.B.A.#26543,

Dads words of wisdom:”behave and if you can’t behave don’t get caught!”

The XL Forum Sportsterpedia:
http://sportsterpedia.com/doku.php/start
Old 3 Days Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2013
shanneba has a reputation beyond reputeshanneba has a reputation beyond reputeshanneba has a reputation beyond reputeshanneba has a reputation beyond reputeshanneba has a reputation beyond reputeshanneba has a reputation beyond reputeshanneba has a reputation beyond reputeshanneba has a reputation beyond reputeshanneba has a reputation beyond reputeshanneba has a reputation beyond reputeshanneba has a reputation beyond repute

Have you been to the Hamburger Wagon?
Might make a good lunch meetup spot.

12 E Central Ave - Market Square - Downtown Miamisburg Miamisburg, OH 45342

http://www.hamburgerwagon.com/

Find your Owner's Manual, Wiring Diagram and Parts List here :

https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson....cle/lookupForm
Enter your VIN OR
Use the search - enter year and model

If something doesn't work on your Sportster look here:
SportsterPedia.com
Old 2 Days Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

That looks interesting; I'll have to check it out. Thanks