The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER & BUELL MOTORCYCLE RACING > Sportster Motorcycle Drag Racing
XLF Blogs XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Sportster Motorcycle Drag Racing Discuss drag racing on a Sportster Motorcycle.

Active Threads
0 Rattling sound in Primary '92 1200
Last Post: Toejam503
Posted On: 4 Minutes Ago
Replies: 6
Views: 99
0 Greeting from CNY
Posted On: 8 Minutes Ago
Replies: 9
Views: 109
0 Engine not running right.
Posted On: 17 Minutes Ago
Replies: 7
Views: 97
0 900 heads contd..
Last Post: simonster123
Posted On: 22 Minutes Ago
Replies: 30
Views: 1,643
0 96’ 1200 rear axle torque spec
Last Post: T_worth
Posted On: 29 Minutes Ago
Replies: 0
Views: 1
0 Starts in gear
Posted On: 33 Minutes Ago
Replies: 3
Views: 43
0 Weld on hardtail
Last Post: Irishpowers
Posted On: 33 Minutes Ago
Replies: 13
Views: 141
0 Anyone make a DIY vibrating tumbler?
Last Post: sportsterpaul
Posted On: 39 Minutes Ago
Replies: 11
Views: 254
0 where did you put your xlforum patch?
Views: 240
0 Battery draining problem when running, but generator and regulator work?
Last Post: IXL2Relax
Replies: 3
Views: 31
0 Willi is back!!!!
Posted On: 40 Minutes Ago
Replies: 12
Views: 3,161
0 Hottie of the day, no nudity.
Last Post: trainman
Posted On: 43 Minutes Ago
Replies: 6,574
Views: 467,656
0 Ethanol free gas...
Posted On: 50 Minutes Ago
Replies: 63
Views: 9,472
0 2018 East Coast Meet & Greet
Posted On: 57 Minutes Ago
Replies: 385
Views: 21,826
0 Turn signal failure
Last Post: slamtry
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Replies: 31
Views: 966
0 Clutch removal tools
Last Post: Coolhands
Replies: 4
Views: 166
0 Official XL Forum Random Image Thread (NO NUDITY!)
Replies: 40,525
Views: 6,217,196
0 Where do you ride in the lane?
Last Post: The Crusher
Replies: 50
Views: 2,553
0 Show your favorite pic of your bike. just one
Replies: 4,680
Views: 1,721,179
3 Ironhead Pictures Thread
Last Post: what?
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 1,929
Views: 747,652
0 Iree's late night cafe
Last Post: Graywolf
Replies: 890
Views: 79,398
0 Opinion on Chrome
Last Post: rejeanprimeau
Views: 537
0 The country store
Last Post: Stairman
Replies: 233
Views: 10,496
0 Mikuni carb assembly questions. EricFreeman?
Last Post: Hexadecimus
Replies: 0
Views: 27
0 Welding the sprocket to the drum? Can that work OK?
Last Post: bustert
Replies: 4
Views: 152
0 Ignition problem?
Last Post: bustert
Posted On: 3 Hours Ago
Replies: 12
Views: 257
0 The forum got talent
Last Post: Hippysmack
Replies: 28
Views: 1,276
0 This week on Craig's list
Last Post: screndname
Replies: 3,539
Views: 337,010
0 My take on the world ~ Photo by Trace
Last Post: Nibelungen
Replies: 730
Views: 72,943
0 2018 Custom 1200 (Red Light Came On)
Last Post: Tucsonmax1
Replies: 2
Views: 68
More...
Members Birthdays
richard rees (69), IRONHD1K (65), derekb (57), Hankrebel (42), CPurner (37), Vickers
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
Vohnsen has a spectacular aura aboutVohnsen has a spectacular aura aboutVohnsen has a spectacular aura aboutVohnsen has a spectacular aura aboutVohnsen has a spectacular aura aboutVohnsen has a spectacular aura aboutVohnsen has a spectacular aura aboutVohnsen has a spectacular aura aboutVohnsen has a spectacular aura aboutVohnsen has a spectacular aura aboutVohnsen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slojoe55 View Post
Runnin it up to 6 grand before shifting might be takin you out of the powerband try shifting at 45 or 5 and go up from there if it feels like it's not pulling as hard as it does when you start out you need to shift sooner.once you get the feel of the motor your times will go down.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ohh yes.. i am trying all i can to shift around 5k but somehow i always shift late and then i am way to high up rpms on 2nd and 3rd..

i will need more seat time.. and i just ordered a dyna shift light to help me.. its hard to lauch and keep focus on tach haha

but hey.. always nice when you know there is room for improvement!
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1200 2003
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
jkinkade is a splendid one to beholdjkinkade is a splendid one to beholdjkinkade is a splendid one to beholdjkinkade is a splendid one to beholdjkinkade is a splendid one to beholdjkinkade is a splendid one to beholdjkinkade is a splendid one to beholdjkinkade is a splendid one to beholdjkinkade is a splendid one to beholdjkinkade is a splendid one to beholdjkinkade is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprtstr1200s View Post
My opinion, wheelie bars are like a rollcage in car...safety item. Pretty sure I launch this thing at 6000, she's coming over!
I have never used a wheelie bar, reason being, I ride bike to the track. but know they help traction .
Old 2 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster XL1200s
Sportster/Buell Year: 1999
Sprtstr1200s has a brilliant futureSprtstr1200s has a brilliant futureSprtstr1200s has a brilliant futureSprtstr1200s has a brilliant futureSprtstr1200s has a brilliant futureSprtstr1200s has a brilliant futureSprtstr1200s has a brilliant futureSprtstr1200s has a brilliant futureSprtstr1200s has a brilliant futureSprtstr1200s has a brilliant futureSprtstr1200s has a brilliant future
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkinkade View Post
I have never used a wheelie bar, reason being, I ride bike to the track. but know they help traction .
Don't you have some one follow you out to the track? In case you break a belt or have other issues!
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Chief Know It All

jkinkade is a splendid one to beholdjkinkade is a splendid one to beholdjkinkade is a splendid one to beholdjkinkade is a splendid one to beholdjkinkade is a splendid one to beholdjkinkade is a splendid one to beholdjkinkade is a splendid one to beholdjkinkade is a splendid one to beholdjkinkade is a splendid one to beholdjkinkade is a splendid one to beholdjkinkade is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Don't you have some one follow you out to the track? In case you break a belt or have other issues!
no, sometimes I ride 800mile to the track, ride home. never had a problem.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sprtstr1200s has a brilliant futureSprtstr1200s has a brilliant futureSprtstr1200s has a brilliant futureSprtstr1200s has a brilliant futureSprtstr1200s has a brilliant futureSprtstr1200s has a brilliant futureSprtstr1200s has a brilliant futureSprtstr1200s has a brilliant futureSprtstr1200s has a brilliant futureSprtstr1200s has a brilliant futureSprtstr1200s has a brilliant future

Damn it man. 800 miles!!!!!! Hardcore Brother. The only reason I'm up at this hour 1:00pm east coast of Florida, is I got a new German Shepard puppy (6 weeks old) teething. What times and MPH are you turning?
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Chief Know It All

Quote:
Damn it man. 800 miles!!!!!! Hardcore Brother. The only reason I'm up at this hour 1:00pm east coast of Florida, is I got a new German Shepard puppy (6 weeks old) teething. What times and MPH are you turning?
New Puppy sounds nice! I been to FL, had a good time.
I was doing that with my carb 01 Dyna twin cam bored it to 95" best time was 11.2 121mph , stock frame stock wheels foot shift.
sold to a friend, now just rebuilding 03 XL motor / gear box ( Axtell cast iron ) have late EFI heads, same guy that did my twin cam doing heads, flywheels, gear box, got parts from Hammer, Aron was very helpful!! there is an all bike race, 1,000 mile north of me, in three months I want to ride to and race. will be braket racing, I won't be going hard as will still be setting bike up. but my builder, knows his stuff. but anything can happen, I enjoy the ride as well as racing. & when you ride there, you feel like part of the bike so helps.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Smile

Quote:
New Puppy sounds nice! I been to FL, had a good time.
I was doing that with my carb 01 Dyna twin cam bored it to 95" best time was 11.2 121mph , stock frame stock wheels foot shift.
sold to a friend, now just rebuilding 03 XL motor / gear box ( Axtell cast iron ) have late EFI heads, same guy that did my twin cam doing heads, flywheels, gear box, got parts from Hammer, Aron was very helpful!! there is an all bike race, 1,000 mile north of me, in three months I want to ride to and race. will be braket racing, I won't be going hard as will still be setting bike up. but my builder, knows his stuff. but anything can happen, I enjoy the ride as well as racing. & when you ride there, you feel like part of the bike so helps.
Forgot to mention it last night, puppy's name is.........."Sheila"
Sponsored Links
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Chief Know It All

Quote:
Forgot to mention it last night, puppy's name is.........."Sheila"
LOL, with a name like that She will be good!! I love animal's!!you been to the track this year? even Wheelie bars don't make it easy, there is a lot to learn, I don't think I'll ever know all there is to about drag racing, and motor cycle drag racing is hard, thats why I love it. & bracket racing is very hard, as each racer equal no one has an advantage ( before the light drops ). cheers
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Chief Know It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vohnsen View Post
ohh yes.. i am trying all i can to shift around 5k but somehow i always shift late and then i am way to high up rpms on 2nd and 3rd..

i will need more seat time.. and i just ordered a dyna shift light to help me.. its hard to lauch and keep focus on tach haha

but hey.. always nice when you know there is room for improvement!
Vohsen, the shift light a smart move for , bracket racing. hope easy to set up.
good luck with your racing!!
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
Vohnsen has a spectacular aura aboutVohnsen has a spectacular aura aboutVohnsen has a spectacular aura aboutVohnsen has a spectacular aura aboutVohnsen has a spectacular aura aboutVohnsen has a spectacular aura aboutVohnsen has a spectacular aura aboutVohnsen has a spectacular aura aboutVohnsen has a spectacular aura aboutVohnsen has a spectacular aura aboutVohnsen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Vohsen, the shift light a smart move for , bracket racing. hope easy to set up.

good luck with your racing!!

Yeah i cant wait to get it on and try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk