The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE FORUM > Sportster Motorcycle Styles > Cafe Racer Sportster Motorcycle Talk
XLF Blogs XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Cafe Racer Sportster Motorcycle Talk Sleek, fast and cool. Discuss your Cafe Racer Sportster Motorcycle

Active Threads
0 Hottie of the day, no nudity.
Last Post: jharback
Posted On: 35 Minutes Ago
Replies: 9,169
Views: 753,500
0 Fork oil
Last Post: spitfirechopper
Posted On: 41 Minutes Ago
Replies: 5
Views: 146
0 New England 2018
Last Post: The Crusher
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Replies: 308
Views: 18,384
3 Making my own exhaust gaskets?
Last Post: krono
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 14
Views: 354
0 95 1200 Sportster >>> roadworthy
Last Post: 95sporty1200
Replies: 14
Views: 582
0 Who's still riding???
Last Post: krono
Replies: 123
Views: 8,193
0 My 'new' 1984 XLS
Last Post: nleco
Replies: 205
Views: 20,384
0 Kr krtt xlr-tt xr...
Last Post: mct496
Posted On: 3 Hours Ago
Replies: 5
Views: 251
14 Iconic Parts that say it's a Harley!
Last Post: Davo_137
Posted On: 3 Hours Ago
Replies: 2
Views: 115
0 What are you drinking tonight?
Last Post: bustert
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Replies: 1,920
Views: 114,546
0 "The Blues" thread!
Replies: 857
Views: 69,803
0 Official XL Forum Random Image Thread (NO NUDITY!)
Last Post: hammer6315
Replies: 42,222
Views: 6,542,577
0 2019 East Coast Meet and Greet
Last Post: pdavis5160
Replies: 0
Views: 27
0 Hot Rods, Rat Rods, and Customs.
Last Post: dodgetrucken
Replies: 2,865
Views: 280,922
0 Guzzi V7
Last Post: Bone
Posted On: 5 Hours Ago
Replies: 18
Views: 411
0 Hot Chicks on Hot Bikes
Last Post: trainman
Replies: 9,399
Views: 1,472,042
0 Poll for the legalization of cannabis
Last Post: Kbetts
Replies: 449
Views: 56,074
0 How many have converted their 883 to 1200?
Replies: 381
Views: 99,047
0 Big bore stroker - the beginning of a 10-year long build
Last Post: thecarfarmer
Replies: 843
Views: 77,861
0 Buell to Sportster wiring graft
Last Post: IXL2Relax
Posted On: 6 Hours Ago
Replies: 1
Views: 50
0 Mounting saddlebags 85 Sportster
Last Post: ryder rick
Posted On: 7 Hours Ago
Replies: 7
Views: 149
0 Crusty's Travels
Last Post: ChinCactus
Posted On: 7 Hours Ago
Replies: 1,763
Views: 191,545
0 Recovering projectholic
Last Post: IXL2Relax
Posted On: 8 Hours Ago
Replies: 17
Views: 488
6 Secret photo"s of folkies loft
Last Post: Folkie
Posted On: 8 Hours Ago
Replies: 1,475
Views: 210,277
0 Iree's jukbox joint
Last Post: Graywolf
Posted On: 9 Hours Ago
Replies: 4,906
Views: 284,326
0 beautiful and fashion female mechanical creature
Last Post: Nibelungen
Posted On: 10 Hours Ago
Replies: 7
Views: 235
0 What did you do for your sporty Today?
Last Post: Davo_137
Posted On: 11 Hours Ago
Replies: 5,592
Views: 654,983
0 Air Cleaner Bracket Mounting
Last Post: bremoit
Replies: 12
Views: 434
14 Firearms you wish you owned.
Last Post: rokytnji
Replies: 539
Views: 93,758
0 paging @sportsterdoc!! (Carb Problems)
Replies: 27
Views: 974
More...
Members Birthdays
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th May 2018
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
cdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura about
Default Ebay Guantlet Fairings or Burly Outlaw Fairing

Has anyone tried on of the Ebay Gauntlet fairings on their bike? These are the ones that look like the memphis shades fairings but sell for under $100 that include the mounting brackets and hardware. I like the looks of this fairing but it looks like black/smoke dull plastic color vs Gloss. Which I know you can paint them. One like this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gauntlet-He...IAAOSwRyRa88MJ

What were your impressions of quality, fitment, ease of install.

Was also considering the burly outlaw fairing. Same question on this fairing. These seem to be flexible as to how you can install them on your bike with the install parts that it comes with.

https://www.burlybrand.com/product/69/outlaw-fairing
Old 17th May 2018
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda rebel 300
Other Motorcycle Year: 2018
Jheitt has much to be proud ofJheitt has much to be proud ofJheitt has much to be proud ofJheitt has much to be proud ofJheitt has much to be proud ofJheitt has much to be proud ofJheitt has much to be proud ofJheitt has much to be proud ofJheitt has much to be proud ofJheitt has much to be proud ofJheitt has much to be proud of

I have a krator 1/4 fairing on my bike and it's just fine. I have no issues with the quality or the supplied brackets.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 17th May 2018
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1989 Xlh 1200
Tom_K527 has much to be proud ofTom_K527 has much to be proud ofTom_K527 has much to be proud ofTom_K527 has much to be proud ofTom_K527 has much to be proud ofTom_K527 has much to be proud ofTom_K527 has much to be proud ofTom_K527 has much to be proud ofTom_K527 has much to be proud ofTom_K527 has much to be proud ofTom_K527 has much to be proud of

I actually just bought one of the eBay knock off Gauntlet fairnings. Just arrived today. Haven't opened the box yet but I will try to post back with how it turns out.
Old 17th May 2018
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1460C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: XL1200R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, I crashed the H.D. Fairing last year and got the Memphis Shades beginning of the year with insurance money. Very pleased with the Gauntlet, could have saved money on the knock off if the quality is there. I also added the Laminar Lip and ?Saeng TA “micro swirl edging and have a great air pocket for now. About 4,000 miles the last month and a half and going strong. F.W.I.W.
I.B.A.#26543, Growing old-Mandatory/ Growing up-optional. Men do not quit playing because they get old, they get old because they stop playing!

The XL Forum Sportsterpedia:
http://sportsterpedia.com/doku.php/starthttp://xlforum.net/forums/images/editor/quote.gif
Old 17th May 2018
Chief Master Mechanic

cdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura aboutcdirk has a spectacular aura about

I have a 2004 1200 Custom. Seems like alot of these fairings don't fit unless you have an eyebrow mounted headlight. I did see a few that say they would fit my bike.

JHEITT, Let me know how yours turns out...curious about the install...and how easy it was..then how well it fits around the headlight...gaps etc.
Old 17th May 2018
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda rebel 300
Other Motorcycle Year: 2018
Jheitt has much to be proud ofJheitt has much to be proud ofJheitt has much to be proud ofJheitt has much to be proud ofJheitt has much to be proud ofJheitt has much to be proud ofJheitt has much to be proud ofJheitt has much to be proud ofJheitt has much to be proud ofJheitt has much to be proud ofJheitt has much to be proud of

It's not meant to work with a custom but I have read of a few guys making it work, there is a fair bit of adjustment in the brackets. I picked up a brow mount headlight to use. I zip tied it instead of buying the fork clamps, call me cheap but it stay put at 100mph sooooo.

Fitment was fine, I had to move my signals to under the bottom triple clamp because I use the type that wrap around the fork tube, like DK sells. It has a foam gasket that presses against the headlight. I have a little light bleeding on the bottom edge but it doesn't seem To make a difference.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 17th May 2018
Chief Master Mechanic

I like not having the brow. I have seen some people put a lift block under the custom headlight to lift it up so that the fairing sits higher where it looks best. The custom headlight is lower than models with the brow so lifting the light is probably necessary so the fairing sits where it should.
Old 18th May 2018
Chief Master Mechanic

1r14Has anyone come up with a solution for these top headlight Mount fairings on a bike like a 1200 custom that has the lower Triple Tree mounted light to make these fairings work on a 1200 custom? Other than buying an eyebrow and top mount light? Any other solutions?
Old 18th May 2018
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1989 Xlh 1200
Tom_K527 has much to be proud ofTom_K527 has much to be proud ofTom_K527 has much to be proud ofTom_K527 has much to be proud ofTom_K527 has much to be proud ofTom_K527 has much to be proud ofTom_K527 has much to be proud ofTom_K527 has much to be proud ofTom_K527 has much to be proud ofTom_K527 has much to be proud ofTom_K527 has much to be proud of

On the eBay Gauntlet fairing I just bought you can remove the trim piece that goes around the headlight. Should work with lower tree mount lights but not sure how it would look.
Sponsored Links
Old 18th May 2018
Chief Master Mechanic

I am thinking about using the 39 mm quick detach windshield clamps and a lift block on the light to raise the light up and lift up the fairing. Using this setup on the gauntlet fairing