The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE FORUM > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Frame Mount EVO Sportster Talk (1986-2003 models)
XLF Blogs XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Active Threads
0 Crank Seal Missing; Is My Engine Damaged?
Last Post: MkC
Posted On: 16 Minutes Ago
Replies: 7
Views: 187
0 2004 ICM
Last Post: oldboy
Posted On: 16 Minutes Ago
Replies: 22
Views: 2,090
0 Willi is back!!!!
Last Post: bplinson
Posted On: 24 Minutes Ago
Replies: 19
Views: 27,506
0 Front brake hose
Last Post: flthd31
Posted On: 41 Minutes Ago
Replies: 2
Views: 61
2 Your daily tunes...
Last Post: RDHenley
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Replies: 39
Views: 5,727
0 Exhaust pipes
Last Post: Joe_jeep
Views: 100
0 It's me - Kokopeli.
Last Post: Joe_jeep
Replies: 19
Views: 965
0 Anyone carry a gun while riding ?
Last Post: bill smith
Replies: 469
Views: 86,016
0 Your trans/engine rebuild advice
Last Post: doodah man
Replies: 4
Views: 99
0 Keep & Kill
Last Post: Ireeman
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 17,081
Views: 982,904
0 Hot Chicks on Hot Bikes
Last Post: trainman
Replies: 10,785
Views: 2,036,340
0 Mid West Meet & Greet
Last Post: Bow only
Replies: 676
Views: 56,311
0 Corona Virus
Last Post: Ireeman
Replies: 691
Views: 50,362
0 Proper XLCH
Last Post: Ferrous Head
Replies: 75
Views: 16,275
0 `83 XLX rebuid and questions thread
Last Post: spamer80
Replies: 356
Views: 33,936
0 chrome xlch bosch regulator cover
Last Post: 1968xlch900
Replies: 0
Views: 26
0 1986-90 Evo Sportsters: What every owner should know but were afraid to ask
Last Post: keithnh
Replies: 418
Views: 59,378
0 Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ!
Last Post: Bow only
Views: 54
0 What brand synthetic oil do you use
Last Post: glbsportster
Replies: 491
Views: 122,943
0 Highway cruise speed
Last Post: xElvis
Posted On: 3 Hours Ago
Replies: 6
Views: 256
0 Transformer XR1200
Last Post: Davo_137
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Replies: 343
Views: 37,184
0 Hottie of the day, no nudity.
Last Post: Stairman
Replies: 19,270
Views: 1,951,379
0 2006 Sporty Charging System Upgrade
Replies: 14
Views: 543
0 Problem on a trip
Last Post: sportsterpaul
Replies: 13
Views: 195
0 Chinee Ignition
Replies: 11
Views: 489
0 900cc Pistons
Last Post: davixlrtt
Posted On: 5 Hours Ago
Replies: 9
Views: 280
0 Top End Whirring Sound
Last Post: Jason's Sporty
Replies: 3
Views: 101
0 Simplified Wiring and Bars
Last Post: wannabehero
Replies: 15
Views: 598
0 The farthest Ive ever trailered a motorcycle.
Posted On: 7 Hours Ago
Replies: 14
Views: 1,593
0 ....1
Last Post: Highly-Dangerous
Posted On: 7 Hours Ago
Replies: 5,410
Views: 320,431
More...
Members Birthdays

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1275 Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
Other Motorcycle Model: Dyna Wide Glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 1998
Bryan1976 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1976 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1976 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1976 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1976 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1976 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1976 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1976 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1976 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1976 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1976 has a reputation beyond repute
Default DK customs suspension

Have any of you installed this suspension kit on your bike? How do you like the performance? This is the next item I want to put on my 1275 build. All feed back is welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 1 Week Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh883
Sportster/Buell Year: 1999
ohiodk is a splendid one to beholdohiodk is a splendid one to beholdohiodk is a splendid one to beholdohiodk is a splendid one to beholdohiodk is a splendid one to beholdohiodk is a splendid one to beholdohiodk is a splendid one to beholdohiodk is a splendid one to beholdohiodk is a splendid one to beholdohiodk is a splendid one to beholdohiodk is a splendid one to behold

I was just looking at this two days ago and had to many questions. I ultimately went with my old proven set up of racetec heavy duty with gold valves topped preload adjuster caps. dollar for dollar they were in the same ball park. still a lot of money and i know what i want my forks to feel like. dk does have some cool stuff i have my eye on for the future though. the fact that they asked a lot of questions means that they are probably tuned which is a good thing. forks arent a one size fits all component.
Old 1 Week Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Bryan1976 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1976 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1976 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1976 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1976 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1976 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1976 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1976 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1976 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1976 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodk View Post
I was just looking at this two days ago and had to many questions. I ultimately went with my old proven set up of racetec heavy duty with gold valves topped preload adjuster caps. dollar for dollar they were in the same ball park. still a lot of money and i know what i want my forks to feel like. dk does have some cool stuff i have my eye on for the future though. the fact that they asked a lot of questions means that they are probably tuned which is a good thing. forks arent a one size fits all component.

I checked out the racetec. Its just a little hard to figure out what I would need to order from them. I have never looked into a tuned suspension. Guess I need to do some more home work. What I'm looking for is the bike to handle crisp in the canyons up here and still work well when riding normal. Right now I have Progressive 2 in lowering kit in the forks. The shocks on the back are 11 in 412 Progressive but are for a dyna so it rides like a hard tail. I know wrong shocks for the rear but when your broke you take what you can get just to get back on the road.

Old 1 Week Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

ohiodk is a splendid one to beholdohiodk is a splendid one to beholdohiodk is a splendid one to beholdohiodk is a splendid one to beholdohiodk is a splendid one to beholdohiodk is a splendid one to beholdohiodk is a splendid one to beholdohiodk is a splendid one to beholdohiodk is a splendid one to beholdohiodk is a splendid one to beholdohiodk is a splendid one to behold

Tuned to your weight and riding preferences is always the best way to go. Nothing wrong with progressive either. I just have a picky attitude when it comes to suspension because of my background. At a glance it appears that we ride similar roads. I would try the dk if you have the money.
Old 4 Days Ago
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883C
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2002
Other Motorcycle Model: Street XG500
Other Motorcycle Year: 2015
RDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond reputeRDHenley has a reputation beyond repute

If memory serves DK has some videos on their site where they talk about suspension. A couple years back I watched some of that and read a whole lot on the 7 pages of suspension sticky before spending money on fixing my '05. The previous owner did the same thing on it with the 11' Dyna shocks, which gave it a cool stance, but yeah, a bit hard for an all day ride. A hardtail handles pretty good, right up until pipes get on the pavement, somehow they don't have the same traction coefficient as tires. I went with eBay Road King takeoffs on the rear, but when I do the front I'll probably go with DK for the internals. The fact that he knows which questions to ask tells me he probably is interested in getting you what you need.
Old 4 Days Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDHenley View Post
...The fact that he knows which questions to ask tells me he probably is interested in getting you what you need.
yup my thoughts exactly. had the same thing with they dyna suspension. looks cool but rides horrible unless you can rebuild them to change the valves.
Old 2 Days Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodk View Post
Tuned to your weight and riding preferences is always the best way to go. Nothing wrong with progressive either. I just have a picky attitude when it comes to suspension because of my background. At a glance it appears that we ride similar roads. I would try the dk if you have the money.

I will be ordering the set up next week. I will probably send the lower legs out for powder coating. Im still undecided on which rear shock I want . Im leaning towards the Pros over the twins. Still going with 11s and 2in lower on the front.