The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > FORUM FUNCTIONS > Forum Announcments/FAQ/Suggestions/Test > Website Announcements
XLF Blogs XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Active Threads
0 newbie
Last Post: NLXL
Posted On: 3 Minutes Ago
Replies: 10
Views: 52
0 Compression Tester Differences
Last Post: 60Gunner
Posted On: 5 Minutes Ago
Replies: 15
Views: 578
0 hello and help!
Last Post: doodah man
Posted On: 17 Minutes Ago
Replies: 15
Views: 430
0 This is gonna hurt.
Last Post: Graywolf
Posted On: 21 Minutes Ago
Replies: 7,763
Views: 1,548,917
0 67 to 70 cam cover and sprocket cover.
Posted On: 21 Minutes Ago
Replies: 1
Views: 20
0 MPG HONESTLY, what do you get?
Last Post: koolbreeze
Posted On: 30 Minutes Ago
Replies: 576
Views: 75,222
0 Tired of hearing the Sportster is a girls bike (The one and only Girly Bike Thread)
Last Post: bimbo
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Replies: 3,925
Views: 766,006
0 HAMMERING the Columbia!
Last Post: Turbo Sporty 48
Replies: 54
Views: 10,568
0 Sportster runs only on choke
Last Post: v3ko123
Replies: 0
Views: 11
0 Help with my 2007 883R and Cobra 909 exhaust
Last Post: Glamazon
Replies: 2
Views: 23
0 Do Loud Pipes in fact save lives?
Last Post: Hellbent_4
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 2,555
Views: 272,068
0 battery drain
Last Post: IXL2Relax
Views: 33
0 Ignition coil rating ?
Last Post: IXL2Relax
Views: 35
5 What Color Helmet is Most Noticable?
Last Post: ParrotHead
Replies: 56
Views: 8,642
0 Headlight - What are you using ? - '74 XLH
Last Post: ryder rick
Views: 49
0 Crusty's Travels
Last Post: kkbii
Replies: 2,405
Views: 312,286
0 Happy Birthday Joebobber
Last Post: joes95bobber
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Replies: 10
Views: 193
0 2003 XLH Battery install help
Last Post: John Harper
Replies: 12
Views: 370
0 Breather in cam cover 1985
Last Post: 60Gunner
Replies: 5
Views: 168
0 What did you do for your sporty Today?
Last Post: Bow only
Replies: 6,349
Views: 816,167
0 Poll: Do you change tires yourself?
Last Post: Tomcatt
Posted On: 5 Hours Ago
Replies: 124
Views: 30,327
0 Do people notice your bike?
Last Post: 83XLX
Replies: 1,202
Views: 324,624
0 Hottie of the day, no nudity.
Last Post: trainman
Replies: 13,857
Views: 1,280,692
0 New to us
Last Post: juzyHD
Posted On: 6 Hours Ago
Views: 136
0 What did you do to your EFI Sporty today?
Last Post: ParrotHead
Posted On: 6 Hours Ago
Replies: 3,937
Views: 755,231
11 Ss carburetor
Posted On: 7 Hours Ago
Views: 100
0 Battery Voltage Question
Last Post: canoli
Posted On: 8 Hours Ago
Replies: 3
Views: 119
0 Official XL Forum Random Image Thread (NO NUDITY!)
Last Post: Stairman
Posted On: 8 Hours Ago
Replies: 44,986
Views: 7,086,383
0 Happy Birthday Crusty!!!
Last Post: Folkie
Posted On: 9 Hours Ago
Replies: 9
Views: 101
More...
Members Birthdays
DaddyJay, sixshooter (72), cartoad2001 (70), Dirty Ernie (64), ncpickman (58), bri1200c (56), pquirk (53), GOTWA (50), gremlinsteve (50), lbowles2 (48), Guess (40), rnaway22es, landon283 (31)
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th October 2005
The XL Forum Host

Sportster/Buell Model: 883>1250 Stage 2
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Other Motorcycle Model: Road Glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2011
bplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like it is time to revive this thread. I know winter is coming up on us fast and many people can not get out an ride as much as they would like to which may be raising tempers.

Listen up. If someone on this forum asks a question requests an opinion then feel free to give them an honest answer.

But, when you answer please do it in a civilized way. If you have a negative opinion please reply but don't use your opinion as a way of dogging people out. State your opinion but do it in a non-offensive way.

If you feel the need to ridicule other on the Internet then please find another place to do it.

This goes for normal XL Forum members and XL Forum Team members.

XLF on FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/XLFORUM

AMA #961454

Last edited by bplinson; 18th October 2005 at 08:40..
Old 18th October 2005
The XL Forum Host

bplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond reputebplinson has a reputation beyond repute

Also...I REFUSE to lose XL Forum members based on the actions of a few that feel they do not have to follow the forum rules and etiquette which can be found here

http://xlforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13
Old 18th October 2005
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: Røads†er
Sportster/Buell Year: 2ØØ4
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDX Super Glide Sport
Other Motorcycle Year: 2ØØ5
Jesse_Bolt is a splendid one to beholdJesse_Bolt is a splendid one to beholdJesse_Bolt is a splendid one to beholdJesse_Bolt is a splendid one to beholdJesse_Bolt is a splendid one to beholdJesse_Bolt is a splendid one to beholdJesse_Bolt is a splendid one to beholdJesse_Bolt is a splendid one to beholdJesse_Bolt is a splendid one to beholdJesse_Bolt is a splendid one to beholdJesse_Bolt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplinson
I am going to take this opportunity to tell EVERYONE on the forum to be considerate of other people on the forum.

Recently we have had a few people going back an forth, insulting other members, name calling, etc. The last I checked the average age of the members here is around 35.

Also some people have been responding to posts by belittleing the questions that other have been asking.

Guys and gals....please use restraint when someone in the forum makes a comment that is uncalled for. DO NOT respond to name calling or personal attackes. This just causes a flame war. What you should do is report the post by clicking on the Yield sign on the post. The admins and the moderators will take care of the problem.
I think you mean upside-down Yield sign.

JB
Old 18th October 2005
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 11 second 1200S
Sportster/Buell Year: '98
Other Motorcycle Model: about a dozen others.....
stevo is a splendid one to beholdstevo is a splendid one to beholdstevo is a splendid one to beholdstevo is a splendid one to beholdstevo is a splendid one to beholdstevo is a splendid one to beholdstevo is a splendid one to beholdstevo is a splendid one to beholdstevo is a splendid one to beholdstevo is a splendid one to beholdstevo is a splendid one to behold

it's the right way up when ya downunda

But yeah I think that means you've read it...

so now ya got no excuses
Old 18th October 2005
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: Røads†er
Sportster/Buell Year: 2ØØ4
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDX Super Glide Sport
Other Motorcycle Year: 2ØØ5
Jesse_Bolt is a splendid one to beholdJesse_Bolt is a splendid one to beholdJesse_Bolt is a splendid one to beholdJesse_Bolt is a splendid one to beholdJesse_Bolt is a splendid one to beholdJesse_Bolt is a splendid one to beholdJesse_Bolt is a splendid one to beholdJesse_Bolt is a splendid one to beholdJesse_Bolt is a splendid one to beholdJesse_Bolt is a splendid one to beholdJesse_Bolt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo
it's the right way up when ya downunda

But yeah I think that means you've read it...

so now ya got no excuses
¿Do your yield signs point up-wards?

Also, I don't need excuses. If you treat people with respect, you ain't got nothing to worry about.

JB
Old 18th October 2005

Sportster/Buell Model: 11 second 1200S
Sportster/Buell Year: '98
Other Motorcycle Model: about a dozen others.....
stevo is a splendid one to beholdstevo is a splendid one to beholdstevo is a splendid one to beholdstevo is a splendid one to beholdstevo is a splendid one to beholdstevo is a splendid one to beholdstevo is a splendid one to beholdstevo is a splendid one to beholdstevo is a splendid one to beholdstevo is a splendid one to beholdstevo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_Bolt
¿Do your yield signs point up-wards?

JB
no ... they're the the same...wide part to the top..... the joke was everything looks back to front down here to you guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_Bolt
Also, I don't need excuses. If you treat people with respect, you ain't got nothing to worry about.

JB
well said .... if you treat people with respect you'll find it returned in most cases..... unfortunately some people don't respect themselves, so it makes it difficult for them to respect others......
the reputation system may give some people a idea of how they come accross once it settles down...

Respect is something that is earned....as anything worth having isn't going to be given away.....

We may get a few people holed up because of the snow goin stir crazy over the coming months because they can't ride their sporties.....
While I'm not familiar with the cold....I can appreciate not being able to ride wouldn't help matters.

This is just to remind everyone to relax and have a beer or a coffee if you've already had too many beers....

We come here to relax and chill out away from the other problems the world puts on our shoulders, even tho we all have our bad days it just pays to keep in mind that it's not everyones elses fault.......but we can listen...
Old 18th October 2005

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 09
Other Motorcycle Model: Electra Glide... GONE NOW
Other Motorcycle Year: 07
kiltbill has much to be proud ofkiltbill has much to be proud ofkiltbill has much to be proud ofkiltbill has much to be proud ofkiltbill has much to be proud ofkiltbill has much to be proud ofkiltbill has much to be proud ofkiltbill has much to be proud ofkiltbill has much to be proud ofkiltbill has much to be proud ofkiltbill has much to be proud of

Well, since I have been here I have been treated great. I may be quite new and may well be posting too much and boring the hell out of some of you guys (and if I am, feel free to tell me!) I do try and search threads first for related stuff, but must admit that I do enjoy posting new threads which hopefully have some interest for others.

Everyone who joins, gets a warm welcome and have yet to see any bike pics posted that don't get positive feedback.

But it does take time to get to know people just by the written word (I'm sure the Chat when it's available will make it easier to get to know some of you) and can be very easy to misinterperet something wrongly. Many of you have been here sometime and know each other very well. Now that's a good thing because you guys know when you are ribbing each other and how far you can go, but not so easy for the newer folk on here to get that quite so readily.

To quote a personal example, on a recent post I got a reply of OH NO, he's also a used car salesman! Now that's ok! heard every one in nearly 30 years! and has been a long time since I sold a car! But the bit that got me was "also"
What does "also" mean... Got me thinking, "Sheesh, maybe I am not so welcome on here.." "Maybe, the paid forum members have their own little chat about non paid up members..." etc, etc. Well personally if I do something wrong, or I am not following etiquette, or even just being a pain in the ass and dull I WOULD RATHER KNOW!

Now the person that posted it, I have a very high regard for.. he has been welcoming, helpful, funny, interesting and by the way others perceive him I can only conclude that he is a good guy. So i then took it as intended, realsing I may have been just a tad paranoid and over sensitive (Bloody dangerous on here, you would go mad in days!!!) But it does show how you can misinterperet a simple statement, a simple PM to someone who is causing a problem, or breaching rules may well stop any misunderstanding.

Have looked at many forums, joined in with some and just watched on others.. but this is the first one I have ever spent any time on.

Why?

Well for a start I tried to join other forums, for some my email address wasn't good enough, other's were obviously down on sportsers (as in, it's NOT A BT).

XL - let me join without some new email addy, got a great welcome, met some good people, was treated decently and with kind thoughts when I had too much to drink and felt sorry for myself. I have had some great pm's and advice, got lot's of new idea's for my bike and have learned more about my bike in a few week's here than I had in a Year of owning it. Thanks to the help of others I now have a photopage, I know how to download pics and post them (Thanks KC and Mordak).

Too many people to remember to thank for all the words, so I will just say thank's guy's and gal's for making me feel like this is a worthwhile place to be and as long as I am still welcome I will be here.

Bill "Also"

WOULD APPRECIATE FEEDBACK ON THESE THOUGHTS..Thanks All

Last edited by kiltbill; 18th October 2005 at 13:17..
Sponsored Links
Old 18th October 2005
The XL Forum Host

Old 18th October 2005

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
GOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiltbill
WOULD APPRECIATE FEEDBACK ON THESE THOUGHTS..Thanks All

Well said Bill. As Stevo often points out, a lot can get lost in translation with just the written word. No facial expressions or tone inflections to give you a true understanding of what you're reading. So sometimes we can take things different than how we would in a verbal conversation witht he exact same words spoken.

I'm glad you brought this back up Bert. I got into a little teeth gnashing recently (alsmost all behind the scenes) but I wish I hadn't and am glad that person and I got things worked out. I'm generally very even keiled on here but even I can get caught up. So it is a good reminder for ALL of us.

XLF Rocks and so do the folks that make it what it is!
Old 18th October 2005
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
xl-scratch is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplinson
Also...I REFUSE to lose XL Forum members based on the actions of a few that feel they do not have to follow the forum rules and etiquette