The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > Product Reviews
XLF Blogs XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Product Reviews Here is where you can write up your own review of bikes, parts, or accessories.

Please do not post problems in here unless replying to a review. Please post problems with specific parts or accessories in their respective forum topics.

Active Threads
0 Hi
Last Post: oreocat1
Posted On: 1 Minute Ago
Replies: 12
Views: 81
0 My wife wanted a Swimming Pool
Last Post: motorend
Posted On: 27 Minutes Ago
Replies: 2
Views: 36
0 Highest mileage logged on IH engine?
Last Post: owlsplace
Posted On: 34 Minutes Ago
Replies: 4
Views: 162
0 head and cylinder painting
Last Post: Whitewalls
Posted On: 40 Minutes Ago
Replies: 17
Views: 519
0 Need to part with my '59
Last Post: Doc308
Posted On: 40 Minutes Ago
Replies: 7
Views: 312
0 Lowbrow XLR pipes
Last Post: simonster123
Posted On: 43 Minutes Ago
Replies: 9
Views: 241
0 Range With Carby 4.5 Gal Tank
Last Post: Calcustom
Posted On: 46 Minutes Ago
Replies: 102
Views: 44,890
0 2019 East Coast Meet and Greet
Last Post: Woody9225
Posted On: 52 Minutes Ago
Replies: 373
Views: 37,142
0 Erratic clutch + dragging noise
Last Post: Quebec3
Posted On: 59 Minutes Ago
Replies: 0
Views: 12
0 Harley quoted me $1300 for a mini ape install
Last Post: Toejam503
Posted On: 1 Hour Ago
Replies: 177
Views: 36,942
0 Ride Report 2019 Black Hills, Grand Teton Mtns., Rocky Mountain Ntl. Park
Last Post: DK Custom
Replies: 19
Views: 423
0 Axle mount license plate bracket question
Last Post: WVDevil
Replies: 17
Views: 266
0 Official XL Forum Random Image Thread (NO NUDITY!)
Last Post: Graywolf
Replies: 44,137
Views: 6,912,337
0 This week on Craig's list
Last Post: A Seabee
Replies: 4,143
Views: 475,619
0 Primary/gearbox chirp
Last Post: XLPIZZA
Replies: 8
Views: 517
0 Could this be true?
Last Post: bustert
Replies: 6
Views: 197
12 POLL: How many times have you dropped a motorcycle?
Last Post: firewallsrus
Posted On: 2 Hours Ago
Replies: 629
Views: 109,709
0 Hottie of the day, no nudity.
Last Post: Stairman
Replies: 11,826
Views: 1,071,235
0 Metzeler Cruisetec
Last Post: Folkie
Replies: 13
Views: 602
0 1991 frame/engine original ground locations
Last Post: Jer
Posted On: 3 Hours Ago
Views: 257
0 Foot peg stud not lining up with motor cut out
Last Post: ryder rick
Replies: 6
Views: 197
0 Kickstarter return spring
Last Post: brucstoudt
Replies: 5
Views: 277
4 Hello from Chicago
Last Post: jzink0883
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
0 ***DK CUSTOM-4 New LIMITED QUANTITY Pegs-10% SAVINGS ON ALL PEGS***
Posted On: 4 Hours Ago
Replies: 8
Views: 292
0 Roads I'd like to ride.
Last Post: Stairman
Posted On: 5 Hours Ago
Replies: 1,902
Views: 159,467
0 7 Dead and more wounded
Last Post: tvon
Posted On: 6 Hours Ago
Replies: 31
Views: 1,300
0 Rear axle - what am I doing wrong?
Last Post: WVDevil
Replies: 9
0 Efi and carbs
Last Post: boomerguy
Replies: 44
Views: 846
0 Can't get the free wiring diagram from HD
Last Post: bustert
Posted On: 7 Hours Ago
Replies: 3
Views: 119
0 Stage 3 BLACK Breather Bolts
Posted On: 7 Hours Ago
Replies: 54
Views: 11,107
More...
Members Birthdays
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th May 2018
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1460C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: XL1200R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tourmaster Transition 5 jacket:

My old standby Tourmaster Jett is starting to show its age, at over 12 years and somewhere around 200,000 miles, frayed wear areas, broken zipper pulls and most of the reflective ares no longer reflecting. I’v Have good luck with Tourmaster products and had been following their “Transitions” coats for awhile so when the recently released “5” came up on sale for $220.00 I jumped in with an order. Ironically I had tried them on about 2 months earlier and found that their sizing apparently has been changed so be careful if you contemplate ordering one. I normally wear Large or XL but with the new ones it took a XXL to fit comfortably, ( my “Jett” is an XL and is very loose so I had envisioned maybe getting into a L), I would also have gone back and purchased the coat from them but saving over $50.00 was too much to pass up. The coat is very nicely done and with our recent warm up in temps gave me a chance to experience their venting set up, (15 zippers in the coat), 11 zippers dedicated to airflow, 8 on the front, three on the back, and the main front zipper as another. Wow, flows way better than the “Jett” especially through the torso, but not as much as my all mesh Joe Rocket “Phoenix “. Also, got caught in a couple of rain showers, light and heavy, and stayed perfectly dry. Have ridden in temps down to 10F and stayed warm but at the lower end I was using my Aerostich “Kanetsu Airvantage” heated jacket liner in place of their unheated insert. Can’t testify how well the unheated liner will work, probably the same as most others. A bonus is the large rear pocket at the bottom of the back of the coat, my I-pad Air tablet slips in easily. A note on the zippered vents in use have Velcro strips inside the zipper itself which when used acts like a stiff scoop edge and with the additional snaps below them you can hold open the vent for better flow. I do have a small nit pick with the collars hold open hook and loop. Not enough tension in the elastic loop to stay on the hook but if you give the loop a twist before slipping over the hook you’re good to go. Armor in the shoulders and elbows with a spinal protection pad is pretty much standard fare and I have no issue with them. Was originally thinking this would be a good choice for a three season coat being Fall, Winter and Spring but with it’s excellant venting should work very well in Summer as well. I’m pleased and impressed and would expect others will be.
I.B.A.#26543, Growing old-Mandatory/ Growing up-optional. Men do not quit playing because they get old, they get old because they stop playing!

The XL Forum Sportsterpedia:
http://sportsterpedia.com/doku.php/start
Old 4 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute

Well, have had rain of some sort every day since getting a bike back on the road. Wednesdays all day, 300 mile excursion proved good as the jacket kept me totally dry through it all. Was not expecting results to be quite that good so had packed my rain jacket just in case. It never came out of the tank bag. A side note, the AD1 pants remained absolutely dry as well, something I’ve come to expect. Liking this coat more and more.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1250c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
mikeLI_77 has a reputation beyond reputemikeLI_77 has a reputation beyond reputemikeLI_77 has a reputation beyond reputemikeLI_77 has a reputation beyond reputemikeLI_77 has a reputation beyond reputemikeLI_77 has a reputation beyond reputemikeLI_77 has a reputation beyond reputemikeLI_77 has a reputation beyond reputemikeLI_77 has a reputation beyond reputemikeLI_77 has a reputation beyond reputemikeLI_77 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice review Paul. I wish I had a place near me that had so e of these jackets so I can try them on. They don't make much that fits my short fat arse. Usually when I find something I can get around my gut the arms are so long I can cut 6" off them to have to make them fit. I know what you mean about the sizing being different on these jackets. My mesh jacket is a cycle gear brand 3xl and fits me pretty good. I bought the same joe rocket mesh jacket you have in a 4xl and it was like a parachute on me so I returned it and got a 3xl and I could not get it closed. So I found a coretech gx air in 3xl which did not come with the liners but it fits me almost perfectly, slightly loose. I was able to find the liners for it and this jacket is different than others I have found wear it has 2 liners, a waterproof and then a insulated one under it but the liners are a 3xl also but I have to suck my gut in as much as I can go get them on. It is weird how different companies make there products so different. There should be more of a standard everyone follows so you don't have to guess with the sizing so much. I am going to try and find a place that may have the jacket you just reviewed and see if it works for me.

Hammer 1250 kit W/ 30° reverse dome pistons, billet 2.25" crush forward offset open air cleaner, billet intake manifold, Impact 560's, Sledge Hammer pushrods, Buell XB heads with crush level head porting, Mikuni HSR 45, 177.5 main, 25 slow, Clip 4th slot from top, Jim's powerglide II lifters,
Supertrapp supermeg exhaust 20 disks and open end cap, S&S roller rockers, Alto Carbonite clutch, Energy One 15% heavier spring, Daytona twin tech single fire ignition 1005s
Ricor intimnators, 13" Ricor IAS shocks, Brembo dual disk setup from 2012 street glide w/ matching brembo street glide master cylinder,
Koso T&T multi function speedo/tach

Dyno Sheet
96.21 HP/88.70 TQ

States I Have rode through
Old 4 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Mike, yeah, can't believe the disparity in sizing, even amongst the same manufacturer. Must be the " oriental " influence!
Old 4 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1969
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1969
Other Motorcycle Model: Triumph 750 tracker
Other Motorcycle Year: 1966
Akdawg has much to be proud ofAkdawg has much to be proud ofAkdawg has much to be proud ofAkdawg has much to be proud ofAkdawg has much to be proud ofAkdawg has much to be proud ofAkdawg has much to be proud ofAkdawg has much to be proud ofAkdawg has much to be proud ofAkdawg has much to be proud ofAkdawg has much to be proud of

Wore leather from the "beginning" (60 yrs now). Last year tried a buddys Tour Master, went and bought my own the next day, the most comfortable, versatile yet. I'm 5'10", 200 and XL fits perfect. Ride in all weather, temps to 20s never an issue.