PDA

View Full Version : Syracuse Super Swap

fun4regina
12th January 2011, 01:38
I'm really really interested in going to this.

Any takers on meeting me for a cup of coffee?:)

http://www.syracusesuperswap.com/defaultSYR.htm

nikki
12th January 2011, 01:59

If I was still in NY not kentuckie I would as the swapmeet in syracuse is great , I havenot been in years tho . Nikki

in the wind
12th January 2011, 03:46

i am interested in going to the swap meet,and the coffee : ) , but syracuse is just to far-- and i work those days..........

Headly
12th January 2011, 05:56
I am a local and go every year,which day are you going sat or sun ?

fun4regina
12th January 2011, 13:50
I am a local and go every year,which day are you going sat or sun ?

I'm thinking I might rent a room and make a weekend of it. If Dino BBQ is open in the winter, I might try it out for supper. :banadanc

RTB508
12th January 2011, 14:23
Hey...NYS Fairgrounds about 2 miles from my house...heck yes I'll be there! Thanks for letting me know about it Regina!

RTB508
12th January 2011, 14:31
Yep...the Dino is open year round...though this time of year the street isn't lined with bikes as it is in the summer. Regina, sent you a PM re: the Syracuse show.

Headly
12th January 2011, 20:20
I'm thinking I might rent a room and make a weekend of it. If Dino BBQ is open in the winter, I might try it out for supper. :banadanc

yup- Dino is open,they even have a website that will let you know who is playing the nights you are in town or ??

have you been to Dino before ? they had 2 of the 3 partners sell out to George Soros conglomerate and the bean counters have begun to raise prices and skimp on food a bit.. all good things right ? lol! but they still have a kick azz sauce and host great blues most nights,so they still do most things right ;)

RTB508
12th January 2011, 20:28
I'll bet....it will be long lines out the door waiting at the Dino that weekend...because of the bike show....the Dino is so well known every biker visiting the area will want to go there......probably at the Limp Lizard too....another BBQ/Bikes and Blues joint in Syracuse.....walking distance from our house!
I spent 15 years at Fire Station 12...one block from the Dino so we could watch the bikes come and go all summer long. It was the N&H diner....greasy spoon food piled high and cheap..... when I first went to 12's.
Where are you locally Headly?

Headly
12th January 2011, 20:57
I'll bet....it will be long lines out the door waiting at the Dino that weekend...because of the bike show....the Dino is so well known every biker visiting the area will want to go there......probably at the Limp Lizard too....another BBQ/Bikes and Blues joint in Syracuse.....walking distance from our house!
I spent 15 years at Fire Station 12...one block from the Dino so we could watch the bikes come and go all summer long. It was the N&H diner....greasy spoon food piled high and cheap..... when I first went to 12's.
Where are you locally Headly?

Which Limp can you walk to ? Western Lights,Liverpool or N/Syr ?

I am in the/a nice neighborhood of Syracuse near Schiller Park,might be moving to Camillus.

RTB508
12th January 2011, 20:59
Western Lights...house is close to Fairmont Fair...just off Terry Rd.

Headly
12th January 2011, 21:37
small world I graduated HS from westhole back in 88' lol!

RTB508
12th January 2011, 21:47
My three boys graduated from WHS. Maybe us locals can meet up at the Syr. Swap meet...new friends are always a good thing!

Headly
12th January 2011, 21:50
Yeah - as it gets near just post which day you plan on going - sometimes I go sat for the party other times I go sun looking for a deal before close ..

grabbed a set of RK take offs there for $50 last time :banadanc

donyw
12th January 2011, 21:59

Go early. I went on Halloween, and we could barely walk in the door. Ended up going elsewhere.

RTB508
13th January 2011, 01:11
Yep...I'd be very concerned about getting in the Dino on a big swap meet weekend.....but...there is the Quaker State Steak and Lube right up the road.....lol...!
Hey Headly...is that your puppy?...beautiful...!!!!!

Headly
13th January 2011, 03:29
thx, He is an awesome Samoyed. that was taken at Clark's Reservation,prolly 3 yrs ago,he just turned 7 and already popped tendons in both hind legs,once chasing a ball, once just standing at the dog park when he got whapped/chop blocked..

fun4regina
23rd January 2011, 21:01
OK, since I couldn't make Springfield, I locked myself into Syracuse. I just booked a room at the Parkview Hotel. now.... who's up for an XLforum meetup in Syracuse on Feb 12th-13th??

in the wind
23rd January 2011, 21:27
just got out of work--springfield is a 2 hour ride--no going to that show this year for me either-
i did take off next sunday for the boston show,the only one i will make,other than maybe wilmington ma. in march --wish i could make the syracuse swap,well i could if i wanted to book off work again and take the drive,we'll see--if not let us no how it is

fun4regina
23rd January 2011, 21:53
Well, if you decide to do it, let me know so we can meet. I plan on meeting RTB, Mrs. RTB, and Headly too if we can all arrange it.

Priceline has some nice hotel rooms to be had that weekend for about $50. Add that to good bike buys and good company, and it seems like it will add up to a good weekend!

roadogette
23rd January 2011, 21:57
With some luck, my BF and I are going. We missed last year. Was at Dino this past Monday for lunch. The place will be packed swap meet week end. I have a friend at Liz's Leathers. She sews patches on and fixes leather. She's a good friend and we always leave our coats there while we walk around.

in the wind
23rd January 2011, 22:03
already marked my calendar,so i will remember as it gets closer/see if i can go-may even have weekends(or partial) off by then--work is posting bids starting this monday--we pick in seniority order what we want for days off/start times from the list of available work assignments---i am #49 out of about 120--so i usually do ok--but just out of reach for sat/sun off..i really would like to attend --not much around here for swap meets

The Dude
23rd January 2011, 22:16
I missed it last year but I plan on going this year.

Headly
25th January 2011, 04:00
if any one hears of discount tics lmk

in the wind
1st February 2011, 01:55
i went to the boston bike show this past sunday--1/30/11--you can see pics here
http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1032771 i am really going to try and make the swap out there- 350 miles one way,(piece of cake)i would leave saturday sometime after work--call in sick sunday,and i have monday and tuesday off ---
hey regina -- how is that harley rendezvous in your sig... i take it you have been to it, when i go to the page for it,they also advertise a swap meet/bike show in somerset nj-- ever been ? i want to start going to some events other than what is local--and i love to drive,so the long distance is OK

fun4regina
1st February 2011, 02:19
I just changed the link in my sig, check out the new one. Rendezvous (fondly called 'vous by most partygoers) is the best party I've ever been to. It's most enjoyable with a group I think, but if you're even remotely friendly, you'll make friends there immediately. Feel free to PM me for any details you want.

I am still going to 'cuse too, for the super swap. I've never been to somerset, I think it already passed though. I'm on the lookout for more events in the NE though, so if you find em, gimme advance notice and I'll see if I can go. I love checking out new places. :)

Headly
5th February 2011, 22:31
who/when/where ?

Noon, 1pm ?? sat or sun ?

I will most likely go Sat for a couple hours,do a loop of the place once and make note of what I want,if anything.. then do a second loop to work the deals :D

my R/k shocks were $100 when I 1st saw em,they left w/ me for $50 :banadanc

RTB508
6th February 2011, 01:51
Headly and all...I'm thinking of Saturday..open hours are 11:00 to 6:00
......anybody want to get a soda or coffee there send me a PM and I'll give my cell #. I'll try to coordinate if there are a few.
Good gosh I've really put together a shopping list!

Headly
6th February 2011, 07:51
Headly and all...I'm thinking of Saturday..open hours are 11:00 to 6:00
......anybody want to get a soda or coffee there send me a PM and I'll give my cell #. I'll try to coordinate if there are a few.
Good gosh I've really put together a shopping list!

early might be good. coffee and shop.

I am going to diner with the g/f sat night so I am out for any dino later on.

I will pm ya

bobberxs
6th February 2011, 23:22
I'll be heading up saturday, not sure what time, probably pretty early.

Never been to an event like this so im not sure what to expect. How big is this? Are there vendors as well? Harley only? or a swap meet for cycles in general?

fun4regina
8th February 2011, 13:48
bobber, send your cell number to RTB, we'll all meet up there. I think it's pretty big, and it will be mostly Harley but prolly a sprinkling of other stuff.

I've been busy with a sick child all week. If I get sick, I'm going anyway! < wink >

03anniverserysporty
8th February 2011, 14:33
i will be going along with at least 3 other guys i ride with doing the car pool thing this year. last year i went myself . going on sat this year leaving here around 8ish or so to get up there and a parking spot

KaotikEvo
8th February 2011, 14:39
Id love to go, but since my truck blew up, i don't see it in the cards.
Any bus lines run from buffalo to syracuse?!?
Looks like i'll be waiting for americade in lake george this summer :(

fun4regina
8th February 2011, 14:43
I have a hotel room booked for Sat night, so I can go both days, from what I understand the best deals are to be had on Sunday afternoon. Anyone staying in town up for dinner on Sat night? I'd hate to eat alone when so many XLFers will be in close proximity, haha

No joke about you guys sending your number to RTB. He volunteered to coordinate, and I'd hate to hand my number out (I wan't to avoid drunken 2am texts from strangers, at least on school nights, haha), but I'd really like to meet as many of you as I can. It's really not often that I find people who talk to me because they are interested in the same stuff I am, it's refreshing, and I don't want to miss the opportunity. :)

KaotikEvo
8th February 2011, 14:54
I have a hotel room booked for Sat night, so I can go both days, from what I understand the best deals are to be had on Sunday afternoon. Anyone staying in town up for dinner on Sat night? I'd hate to eat alone when so many XLFers will be in close proximity, haha

No joke about you guys sending your number to RTB. He volunteered to coordinate, and I'd hate to hand my number out (I wan't to avoid drunken 2am texts from strangers, at least on school nights, haha), but I'd really like to meet as many of you as I can. It's really not often that I find people who talk to me because they are interested in the same stuff I am, it's refreshing, and I don't want to miss the opportunity. :)

lol BLAZE

fun4regina
8th February 2011, 15:10
lol BLAZE

hey, I'll have you know, Blaze only sends me drunken texts before 10pm, haha.

Just kidding, really he hardly texts me at all!

And, I'm sure there's a bus (or train?) that runs the thruway. You should come over.

KaotikEvo
8th February 2011, 15:14
I'll look into something, it would be great to meet a few folks from here. It figures, when i actually have the time, something else jumps up and gets in the way.

KaotikEvo
8th February 2011, 15:17
oh and fwiw, i wasn't being serious about blaze. It's just that his avatar pic seems to make him eligible for,.........................the most likely to award!!!

fun4regina
8th February 2011, 15:24
I checked the train, it's $26 each way. For the right bargain at the swap meet, that's a good price. Heck, it's a good price anyways, the gas would cost more than that. IF you do decide to figure something out, lemme know, I'll see about picking you up from the train/bus station if you want. I'll hold up a big cardboard sign that says KaotikEvo lol

RTB508
8th February 2011, 18:35
I've been watching the thread and a couple have sent me their numbers...I don't have text on my phone Regina...I'm thinking it might be just as easy for me to make up a banner or sign of some sort. There is a little restaurant/coffee place in the building, Center of Progress, where the swap is going to be. I can see if I can put the sign up on the wall or on a table to designate a place for forum members to gather. We can set a time, like 1:00 PM Saturday to connect with each other. Regina I'll PM you my cell number as well.

fun4regina
8th February 2011, 19:18
yes, a sign will work. i can't believe you don't text. at school with my classmates, i won't even give my number out for group project coordination unless they agree to my strict 'text-only' rule!

RTB508
8th February 2011, 19:30
I'll make up a sign in the next couple of days...and then post a pic of it here so you all will know what to look for......
Not doing arts and crafts today...it's my B'day and I plan on a nice dinner and a beer or two tonight......beats me how the heck I made it to 60!!!!!!!!!!!

Headly
8th February 2011, 19:34
Hey all

Regina.. I have Valentine's day diner w/the g/f Sat night so I will not be 'round for dino ... Sun really is the better deal day,so If I see stuff I like I may return for day II.

1pm ? at the Hero's & Legends Cafe' -if is still called that .. keep me posted sounds good :)

in the wind
8th February 2011, 19:34
hey--happy birthday to you--maybe i'll see you at the swap

RTB508
8th February 2011, 19:48
Thanks Wind...odds were against me getting this far....lol
Hope to see lots of XLF folks this weekend!

Headly
8th February 2011, 20:35
Thanks Wind...odds were against me getting this far....lol
Hope to see lots of XLF folks this weekend!

happy b-day - hopefully ya got a snowblower or a plow :D

I am going to go shovel the show off my 2nd story roof - oh joy !:rolleyes:

fun4regina
8th February 2011, 21:51
happy birthday!!! <3 <3 I think your kids should get you texting for a gift!!

bobberxs
8th February 2011, 23:53
Me and the girlfriend will be up there early Saturday, and might head back up Sunday if I find any possible deals. I'd be interested in meeting a few people from the forums for coffee, or even dinner Saturday night. Whatever you guys/gals decide on.

Regina, i love your text-only policy. I'm the same way about phones. I hate talking when people can get their point across with a simple text, that you can read and respond to when you want lol. And by the way, just noticed your only about 20 minutes from my house. Im from Elmira, NY. Once this shitty weather goes away we'll have to meet up for a cruise.

Headly
9th February 2011, 00:07
I love txt - I just don't share the celly ph # with people i have never met :)

fun4regina
9th February 2011, 01:37
Me and the girlfriend will be up there early Saturday, and might head back up Sunday if I find any possible deals. I'd be interested in meeting a few people from the forums for coffee, or even dinner Saturday night. Whatever you guys/gals decide on.

Regina, i love your text-only policy. I'm the same way about phones. I hate talking when people can get their point across with a simple text, that you can read and respond to when you want lol. And by the way, just noticed your only about 20 minutes from my house. Im from Elmira, NY. Once this shitty weather goes away we'll have to meet up for a cruise.

woohoo! I been looking for someone close to ride with!

bobberxs
10th February 2011, 22:35
whats the exact address? so i can mapquest it tomorrow.

RTB508
11th February 2011, 17:54
Okay...I just called the fairgrounds and even though "legends" is gone...there is a food vendor scheduled in there this weekend.
So...1:00 PM Saturday at the food place that used to be Legends. I will have a poster or a table top thingy adorned with cut outs of the XLFORUM logo that is at the top left of this page....http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n621/loonsandeagles/header.gif
Hope to see a bunch of y'all there!

fun4regina
11th February 2011, 18:46
i will be there, i'm pretty excited. hope i can find some good deals. i need to make a list so i don't forget anything that i'm shopping for. you guys will let me take pictures of you, right? < wink >

RTB508
11th February 2011, 19:46
Regina...looking forward to seeing you and some others there, ought to be great to put faces to the handles.
Thought I'd bring a camera too Regina....you never know...might be a pretty lady or two to take pics of there!.......lol....more likely I'll be taking snaps of the bikes....sad isn't it?....lol

Headly
11th February 2011, 20:53
i will be there, i'm pretty excited. hope i can find some good deals. i need to make a list so i don't forget anything that i'm shopping for. you guys will let me take pictures of you, right? < wink >

Pictures.. aight, got my,hoody, tuke and shades - snap away :smoke ;)

fwiw - I have only found a pair of RK shocks in all the yrs I have been going there for my sporty,best deals are on the web,but I have a rubber mount- this swap is more BT or ol' shaker stuff from what I have seen of it - but you go girl,make that list - I will help ya hunt if we run into ea. other & I aint afraid to haggle :D

1 pm at hero's former location- I will be getting there earlier,11'sh-11:30 and will be in a baby blue grey hoodie,matching ski hat and probably be wearing my brown ray ban's -5'10 avg build - I will check my pm's tonight if any one will be there early give me a # and I will call ya when I get there ;)

The largest motorcycle showcase & swap meet under one roof in the Northeast!Hours: Saturday 11:00am - 6:00pm; Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm Date(s): 02/12/2011, 02/13/2011 Location: Empire Expo Center/NYS Fairgrounds 581 State Fair Blvd. Syracuse, NY 13209 Time:see description Cost:see website link Age Level:Everyone Telephone:315-472-7931 Website:Visit Web Site (read more)

RTB508
12th February 2011, 00:08
Book em Dano..
oh...I mean...bump!

03anniverserysporty
12th February 2011, 03:19
is it Saturday yet lol see who ever is goin up there i will be there somewhere around 10am i will look for the sign

RTB508
12th February 2011, 12:42
I'll get there between 11 and 12....will be at the restaurant place just before 1:00 see ya there!

03anniverserysporty
12th February 2011, 12:49
ok RT see ya there

fun4regina
12th February 2011, 13:40
I'm getting ready to come up now, gonna leave about nine, that should put me there around 11. I may bring my b/f, depends on if he can get some stuff done, but either way, I'll be there soon. I'm pretty excited to meet you guys!

You can recognize me by what I'm wearing, it'll be... blue jeans.

haha

Headly
12th February 2011, 17:10
I am leaving to go buy a early 1900's refinished dresser off of CL , then I have to go to a car dealer and get a deposit back on a new car we went to pick up 2x but was not ready either time - so 3 strikes,next dealer .. then we have to go look at a different dealer and off to Valentine Diner ..

I will be there tomorrow- keep me posted on the deals ya saw and who may be there on day II if anyone..

RTB508
12th February 2011, 23:24
Syracuse Super Swap is huge...met up with Regina and 03anniversarysporty....here's a few pics...
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n621/loonsandeagles/partsandblues.jpg
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n621/loonsandeagles/oldharley.jpg
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n621/loonsandeagles/customs.jpg
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n621/loonsandeagles/Regina_RTB.jpg...me and the ever lovely Regina
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n621/loonsandeagles/regina_toby.jpg...Regina and her handsome guy!!!!...all of us shopping for parts!!!!

garvicad
12th February 2011, 23:47
I wish they would have swap meets where I live

RTB508
13th February 2011, 00:07
Geeez Garvicad...where do you live?...and...I'm very glad you found us here on the XLForum!!!!!!!

garvicad
13th February 2011, 00:22
I've been on the forum for a while now, I live in New Brunswick, east coast of the Great White North Brrrrrrrr

roadogette
13th February 2011, 00:43
I missed you guys. Looked in the food area, but it was before one. Good pictures.

03anniverserysporty
13th February 2011, 12:35
had good time at swap meet found set of pull backs buttt were to narrow 28in , but was good to get out of the house and beat the winter blues lol met RTB but missed Regina had 10 of the guys we ride with all went up and as they say the train was leavin .. hope to next time

RTB508
13th February 2011, 12:48
Sorry we missed you Roadogette....maybe we can put together a XLForum picnic and ride this next summer......real BBQ!!!!!!!

03anniverserysporty
13th February 2011, 12:52
that would be an idea for sure RTB bike ride n a bbq go good together

roadogette
13th February 2011, 13:41
It was good to get out. The BF said it beat just workin' and goin' home. Gettin' together over the summer sounds good.

bobberxs
13th February 2011, 21:44
I missed the swap all together. Ended up getting to syracuse a little later in the day, around 4:30. So me and the girl ended up just going to the mall for lunch.

fun4regina
14th February 2011, 01:04
I had a great time. I got a pair of Python pipes for $40 and a pair of SE slip-ons for $30. Have no idea if these were good buys, but I had fun carrying them around all day. I also got pegs, grips, and a new horn, and had a great breakfast with RTB and his wife, and met lots of great folks. Not enough XLforum members though, considering how many said they were coming!!

bobberxs
14th February 2011, 01:44
I REALLY wish i could have made it. My car/bike club plans on organizing a 'bike' only cookout somewhere central for everybody this season. We hold a very successful show every year and this year we are going to try and do a 'super cruise' type event as well. I'll be sure to start a thread and invite everyone on the XL forums.

fun4regina
14th February 2011, 01:50
I wish you would have too, but hey, ya win some ya lose some < shrug>
RTB and his wife were quite charming, it is so good to meet genuine and interesting people. We had a great trip, and they were a big part of it being great.

I'd come to your party, but no prospecting, haha

Phaedrus
14th February 2011, 02:02
looks like a good time, I see one of this years cannonball run (for pre 1915) bikes was there, I don't get out much in the winter,

Headly
14th February 2011, 02:46
I did my errands yesterday - today I had to show my 4 runner for sale to someone who wanted to see it,so I got there ~2:30 and walked in like I owned the joint through a side door, so I got in free - bonus!:smoke

I bought the annual obligatory Performance HD Syracuse T-shirt for $10 - they bring there left overs and clear em out every yr- not a bad design -grey/black and cool wings with old fashioned Harley Davidson script

I also got maybe lucky with a pair of Sportster S shocks in what seems to be in good shape for a nice price :shhhh :D

I missed seeing the custom bikes - by the time I got done shopping and scmhoozing with local wrenches and part vendors, the fancy bikes were getting rolled away - but that is ok - I met some cool people and got a good deal or 2

roadogette
14th February 2011, 02:53
Pete, there were several of the Cannonball bikes there. The picture of the band is cool. Two of my friends were in that band. I'm sure we crossed paths yesterday, but didn't know it. A get together this summer sounds good.

in the wind
14th February 2011, 02:55
sounds like a good time was had by all--i would have liked to check it out--looks like there was a bunch of stuff--11 hour ride round trip for me-maybe next year now that i know about it...

03anniverserysporty
14th February 2011, 03:39
went back up today a buddy of mine got a kickstand and didnt fit his application so good excuse to head back to Syracuse lol and i found a set of RoadKing shocks to put on my sporty ... 55bucks were take offs . soooo cooool deal i get air ride cheaper than progressives lolol

Headly
14th February 2011, 05:51
I found RK take offs there a couple yrs ago for $50

today I found S sporty shocks for close to same $