PDA

View Full Version : Jardine Pipe has bike running rich

vipermedic
2nd February 2011, 16:50
I installed a Jardine pipe (slip on) on my 08 XB12XT. Put about fifty miles on her and she started running rough, back firing and bogging down and smelling rich. I'm thinking that with the pipe installed I need to tweak my fuel mapping? Anyone have any experience with this or thoughts in general about what the problem could be? Thanks!

NRHS Sales
2nd February 2011, 17:14
You definately need to re-map if you are using a jardine. You are experincing reversion down low which is what causes it to run rich but I bet you are actually lean at higher rpms.
The easiest way to do this is to just get a new race ECM direct from Erik Buell racing as they have them already programmed for jardines.

vipermedic
22nd February 2011, 19:29
I didn't go through EBR, went back to Jardine for the Pro-tune 3. Came in the mail yesterday and I installed. But the bike is still running rough. It's supposedly programmed correctly for 95% of the bikes and this one is specifically packaged for the XB12. It's displaying 4 green lights (directions say only 1 should be lit up if it's correct). I rechecked the connections and will try that again today after work. Wondering if I need to go up or down on the program? Anyone have any experience with this? Trying to avoid going to a dealer for a dyno and tune...Thanks.