PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Bikes Bleus and BBQ Fayetteville AR

d_eggman2
8th February 2011, 20:04
September 28 October 1

http://www.bikesbluesandbbq.org/

Lets meet up with some members from the forum this year.

Unbalanced
8th February 2011, 21:23
I'll be there. Do you usually camp out, stay in a hotel or do you live local? I'm about 70 miles away (100 if I take the scenic route through Tahlequah instead of the US 412 superslab) so I stay the night last year and will be again.

I've only been on a Friday night but I've heard the craziest night is Saturday. I'd love to hear from some that have been more than once on the places to go on when to be there.

rojuwi
9th February 2011, 00:44
I'm hoping to be there as long as things work out. I have a friend who goes every year and he says it is a good time.

d_eggman2
9th February 2011, 14:55
Maybe get together and do a poker run or just a ride. Lets try to keep this going.

Dark Wolf 73
10th February 2011, 16:07
I am planning to be there again this year. I will watch the thread and see where you all are wanting to meet up, etc.

DW

mxr33
12th July 2011, 20:30
we have a group of about six riders planning on coming down, what are some good areas to look at for camping or hotels, coming from kansas city so prefer to stay on the north side if possible 30 min or an hour away.

acrux
17th September 2011, 22:19
I will be making the trip down leaving from Manhattan, KS friday morning. I will be going with my parents haha. ANything I should know about the event?

d_eggman2
20th September 2011, 14:48
Not really, It is more like a family thing during the day and a little more adult as the night goes on.

Hope to see some of you guys there ....just a couple weeks away.

007_Nightster
20th September 2011, 16:33
A buddy and I are planning on doing a poker run that friday morning or we could just go out for a ride....Head-up the pig trail stop in Eureka Springs, come back going by Beaver Lake and hitting the Pig Trail HD store.....lots of vendors there!

Let's get this going!

d_eggman2
20th September 2011, 18:11
I will be headed that way Friday morning not sure what time yet. about 1.5 hour ride.

But would definitely like to meet up somewhere the more the merrier.

007_Nightster
20th September 2011, 19:26
Well, keep me posted and We'll wait for you. The last bike pulling out for the poker run is 10am.

d_eggman2
28th September 2011, 01:09
Don't think I will make it up there by 10am. But would still like to meet some fellow sportster lovers.

d_eggman2
28th September 2011, 01:11
Where a good sports bar to watch the game saturday?

rfranz1952
28th September 2011, 04:01
I will be there late Thursday. Riding up from Salina. I'll stand out: Old, Bald, Ugly, wearing an XLF patch on my vest and riding a Sportster. :p

d_eggman2
29th September 2011, 14:24
If anyone wants to meet up at Pigtrail HD Saturday morning let me know. Going to try and get there between 9:00 and 10:00.

007_Nightster
29th September 2011, 16:48
Where a good sports bar to watch the game saturday?

Grubs....down on off of dickson street in the middle of everything.

007_Nightster
29th September 2011, 16:50
If anyone wants to meet up at Pigtrail HD Saturday morning let me know. Going to try and get there between 9:00 and 10:00.

I would but entering my bike in the Battle of the Bikes Saturday morning till noon at the main stage on Dickson! Stop by and check out the bikes.

d_eggman2
29th September 2011, 23:03
I will check out Grubs and try to stop by the main stage and check out your bike...

Thanks and good luck.

chardhin
3rd October 2011, 04:26
I went on saturday, and stayed at my brothers house. was there for a couple hours on sunday. Got home in time to watch breaking bad.

Unbalanced
3rd October 2011, 04:51
I made it down Friday afternoon, stayed in a hotel about 3 miles south of pig trail hd. Hit Dickson street Friday night, pig trail Hd sat morning, then the fairgrounds and back to Dickson street before heading back home around 4pm.

I think the plan for next year is to ride out thursday evening, hit all the festivities Friday, and then take a scenic route back Saturday morning. Riding home with t'e sun straight into my retinas was brutal.

Did have to make a quick repair in Siloam Springs, oddly enough a bolt had backed out not on my Harley, but on my wifes Ninja. She went to shift into first gear and the shifter had disappeared. Fortunately the bolt was still hanging on and the shifter linkage dangling, so I just had to thread it back in and torque it down.

mxr33
3rd October 2011, 14:53
made it down fri, we also had bolt back out on shifter on kawi. was able to zip tie it and limp into carthage mo. new bolt from hardware store and back on the road. we stayed at tanglewood lodge in beaver creek. went to hd dealer fri night in rogers off 71 and 62hgwy? sat we rode 303 down south, ate at grandma's cafe. rode up to eurika springs, over to beaver creek damn. down to the festivities at razorback, over to dickinson street. back to lodge. ate at susie q, that night. sun morning did a little riding around before heading home. all in all a great weekend and did about 750 miles of riding. my friends wife took pics and is suppose to send them to me so hopefully will have pics posted soon.