PDA

View Full Version : Light scuff on windshield. How to remove?

hsoj10
10th February 2011, 03:56
I have a few light scuffs on my windshield and was curious if anyone knew of a good way to remove them, scrubbed as good as I can with glass cleaner and soap and they wont come off. They are not deep, they are black scuffs on the surface, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

HellHammer132
10th February 2011, 03:58
Take off the windsheild, it is a Sportster! Or find some Novus polycarbonate polish.

flskevin
10th February 2011, 04:01
Your best bet would be to try & find something like this locally...

Amazon.com: Meguiar's G1900K Headlight and Clear Plastic Restoration Kit: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41mcjVODA6L.@@AMEPARAM@@41mcjVODA6L

Horse
10th February 2011, 04:06
That stuff all works great, but the easiest is to do what I do for real scuffs. I take it to a local lexan/acrylic dealer and ask them to buff it out, takes em about 2 minutes to buff up the whole thing.

hsoj10
10th February 2011, 04:10
Take off the windsheild, it is a Sportster! Or find some Novus polycarbonate polish.

LOL!!! The windshield is not on at all times as you can see in my photo... But it is a bit chilly here in the winter and the windshield is my best friend on the cool rides.. Thanks guys

AB,Frank
10th February 2011, 04:23
Tooth paste works for light scuff marks.

Bob99
10th February 2011, 04:25
I have a few light scuffs on my windshield and was curious if anyone knew of a good way to remove them, scrubbed as good as I can with glass cleaner and soap and they wont come off. They are not deep, they are black scuffs on the surface, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Glass cleaners have ammonia which is harmful to your windshield. I use a product called Plexus made specifically to clean windshields. It's terrific.

derailedbus
10th February 2011, 05:37
I use a buffer for my woodturnings and experimented on a trashed windshield. Using white diamond compound, it came out like a new piece of plastic. You can get buffing wheels (spiral sewn) for grinders or any electric motor you got laying around.

pin-hi
10th February 2011, 07:55
I use Plexus pretty much exclusively for windshields in my detailing business. The Novus product can be useful for deeper scratches. For the black, try hitting it with extra strength Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and follow with Plexus.

www.gleaminhawgs.com

hsoj10
11th February 2011, 03:23
Glass cleaners have ammonia which is harmful to your windshield. I use a product called Plexus made specifically to clean windshields. It's terrific.

I use Sprayway glass cleaner it is ammonia free, this is also what the suggest to use on tinted windows.

woodywoodwick
11th February 2011, 03:29
I clean glass with denatured alcohol, but I do not know how it will react to poly.

Durockrolly
11th February 2011, 03:32

I use Plexus on my Goldwing screen. It's a great product!