PDA

View Full Version : Rubbermount_EFI 2007 XL 883 Fuel Problem

LouisG3
13th February 2011, 15:22
Hey EFI experts, I need some help with a problem. I started the bike yesterday, and it was extremely rich, to the point that it would not idle, puffing black out the exhaust.

Only recent changes were a new Bub 7, 2 into 1 exhaust, and re-installed the O2 sensors. It threw the following codes:
P0108 - MAP sensor High
P0113 - IAT Sensor Open/High
P0118 - ET Sensor High
P0123 - TPS2 High/Open

I have tried the following:
Checked battery connections and charged to full capacity.
Tried with O2 sensors bypassed with O2 eliminators.
Removed HD Race Fueler, made no difference.
Unplugged the ECM to try to reset.
Checked all connectors in the areas where I was working.

Still very rich. Will start, but runs rough. I do not to run much like this, due to possible cylinder wash.

Is there a common electrical connection for the above sensors, that I need to check, or am I looking at a faulty ECM?

It has a Round Screamin' Eagle air filter kit, Bub 7 exhausts, crankcase vented outside of the intake, and had a Race fueler installed, but now has O2 sensors and Nightrider X14IED's.

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.

Cosmo Kramer
13th February 2011, 18:10
Only recent changes were a new Bub 7, 2 into 1 exhaust, and re-installed the O2 sensors.

So initially the only change was adding the exhaust and O2's? Prior to that it was running fine? The reason I ask is because when you read the end of your description is sounds like you just added the IEDs too. Did you try removing the IEDs?

P0108 - MAP sensor High
P0113 - IAT Sensor Open/High
P0118 - ET Sensor High
P0123 - TPS2 High/Open

What is interesting is the sensors reading high or open condition in the circuit (P0118 is "open/high" also BTW). All those wires share a common "ground" (the sensor ground is a black/white wire) that goes to the ECM. I would first start with the connectors that wires goes through.

There is a connector under the seat....should be black and have 16 wires going to and from it...I would double check that along with the main connector going to the ECM. Also make sure that no wires/pins/sockets are pulling out of the connectors and that they are not bent/broken.

LouisG3
13th February 2011, 20:30
Checked the black/white common ground from the MAP sensor plug, through the wiring harness, to the ecm plug, with my ohm meter and everything checked good.

Verified all connectors between ECM and sensors, found nothing broken or bent.

Pulled fuses and relays, brush cleaned and sealed with di-electric grease.

Disconnected battery and let sit to clear the ECM codes, but they returned right away.

Bike still runs rough and rich at idle. Will not clear up as engine RPM increases.

Doesn't matter is O2's are connected or bypassed, or Race fueler is connected or not, or X14IED's are connected or not. Still get the same codes but last time it also displayed "Pn 32142-07".

Any suggestions? Read on a BT forum, a guy with the same symptoms had to replace his ECM? I hope not.

Thanks