PDA

View Full Version : How much for a stock spoke?

TiBaal89
26th December 2004, 22:04
Howdy all,

I'm considering a change in rims up front. How much can I resonably expect to get if I try to sell the stock 21" spoke that came on my '04 Custom?

I'd like to get 10, maybe 20 grand for it (its in good shape), but I don't what they go for realistically. :smoke

willprevale
26th December 2004, 22:23
Check out ebay and see what they're going for.

HrdlyDangrs
27th December 2004, 02:29
The 21" wires go for decent money...you should have no problem selling it on E'bay..... But why not keep it?.....Would cost a lot more to replace if you should decide later to go back to a 21". Unless of course you need the money to put towards a new front wheel....I wished I'd kept half the parts I sold over the years...cheap I might add....I'd be able to assemble a couple cool bikes and cars today. Clean it, wax it up and hang it on the garage wall as temporary art....

TiBaal89
27th December 2004, 04:28
The 21" wires go for decent money...you should have no problem selling it on E'bay..... But why not keep it?.....Would cost a lot more to replace if you should decide later to go back to a 21". Unless of course you need the money to put towards a new front wheel....I wished I'd kept half the parts I sold over the years...cheap I might add....I'd be able to assemble a couple cool bikes and cars today. Clean it, wax it up and hang it on the garage wall as temporary art....

Very true; I have no dislike of the stock rim really. I picked up a pretty fat gift certificate to a stealership for x-mas from my dad (go dad! :clap ). I really can't think of anything to get; I have all the fluids I'll need for while, have luggage-type things, already did the sissy bar thing, not too intersted in any chrome doodads, tuning is good, etc... so I thought about one of those cool blacks rims you can get for about $400. I'm hoping that with selling the stock and throwing in the certificate, I can pick it up for very little money on my end.

I know if I were Stevo or somebody I'd take the few hundred bucks and add 300hp to my rear wheel while getting better fuel economy and a longer lasting engine, but alas! Here's what I'm lookin at:

willprevale
27th December 2004, 04:34
. I picked up a pretty fat gift certificate to a stealership for x-mas from my dad (go dad! :clap ). I really can't think of anything to get;

I have the solution to your dilema. Send that fat certificate to me for safe keeping and I promise on all that's holy, I'll think of a lot of things to get. :dancesmil

TiBaal89
27th December 2004, 04:47
:p Yea, I should rephrase that... can't figure out what to get when I can't just go ahead and get everything :D

pquirk
27th December 2004, 15:14
Hey T,
Of course it's none of my business, so here's what I think; keep the spokes up front. That's part of the classic beauty of the custom. What about puttin' the fat cash towards a 1200 conversion? The basic job with no bells or whistles at my dealer is $720.