PDA

View Full Version : Rubbermount_EVO apes and a windshield?

fordman1920032003
5th April 2011, 13:42
i've been considering running some 12'' apes on my 05 custom may change the riser may not depends how it looks. i want to flip the mirrors and maybe move the signals. my question is, has anybody ran apes with a windshield and maybe have some pics, my windshield is detachable so i may just remove it to cruise and put it back on to take trips as i've heard people complain of fatigue on long hauls.

Baphomet
5th April 2011, 13:53
This has been discussed a lot on the forum here, and there was a recent discussion ... but like you I am too lazy to use the search function.

Anyway, I've seen pictures of apes with windshields and some look ok and some don't. It seems the smaller and less noticeable the windshield is the better it looks with apes. As for function, the windshields still does its job with apes.

I ran a windshield with my apes for a day or two, then took it off thinking I would only use it on the highway. Well, I got so used to it I haven't put it back on and it's been almost 2 years now. But if you insist on a windshield I'd suggest you use one no matter which bars you are rocking.

radeschultz
5th April 2011, 14:24
I run apes and a windshield, check out my boise link in my sig, pics there... :tour

Somber Goat
5th April 2011, 16:18
I run mini apes with a detachable and the only thing I would say to watch out for is your brake and clutch lines in relation to your windshield, you may create an akward bend if you don't have enough slack.

Also I moved my signals down to the forks which took away a little glare up against the windshield at night but that's personal preference and depends on the size of the windshield.

fordman1920032003
5th April 2011, 20:27
i used the search, but i guess i didn't do it right, lazy i guess, cause i just tried it again and found what i wanted to know, radeschultz, nice bike, thanks for the pics.

1200cblue
5th April 2011, 21:14
From time to time I will run with a detachable shield with my 10 inch apes. Looks like crap, but helps on windy days. I agree that flipping the mirrors looks awesome, but I had to move my ARM to use them. So I flipped em back. I would recommend removing the custom riser. It just looks terrible with apes. I switched mine on a 2004 1200c.