PDA

View Full Version : Elkin, Winston Salem, Mt Airy North Carolina area?

undeadfred1
13th April 2011, 08:40
im movin home to NC from florida to the elkin area, just wondering if anyone on here is from the area? could use some riding buddies, and anyone with mechanical experience cause i have a shit load of mods im planning on doin and it would be nice to have someone else there to help out, maybe someone more experienced then me haha

rockmanbm
13th April 2011, 15:15
My inlaws are from the Stuart VA area. I go down there quite alot.

Woodie
13th April 2011, 23:15
That sucks, I used to live in Hays and worked in Elkin(the textile mill) and North Wilksboro (Lowes). I lived there for four years and would love to see Stone Mountain again, used to hike up there all the time. Sorry this doesn't pertain to your post but it brought back memories. Good luck on your search.

jonnybravo
13th April 2011, 23:23
dude u know where I'm at (Boone). and I know a damn fine machinist up here too,

jonnybravo
13th April 2011, 23:24
That sucks, I used to live in Hays and worked in Elkin(the textile mill) and North Wilksboro (Lowes). I lived there for four years and would love to see Stone Mountain again, used to hike up there all the time. Sorry this doesn't pertain to your post but it brought back memories. Good luck on your search.
I will say one thing, the Lowes in NWilkeboro has the best service out of any of them, I guess being in the same town as the corporate headquarters dont hurt

snowman
13th April 2011, 23:36
While we are on the Winston-Salem topic, how's Smokin' HD as a dealer?

shameless
13th April 2011, 23:48
Snowman, I remember someone else (it could have been you) asking about Smokin HD once before here recently. Why the inquiry? I haven't had any dealings with them since they changed the name but it used to be a pretty decent dealership.

I'm a Carolina boy too, just from a little farther away than Winston. I'm from the High Point area.

Sly
14th April 2011, 02:40
Welcome back Neighbor. I'm bout a half hour north of you. And I'm not really THAT bad of an influence.:laugh

Let me know when your near the BRP :tour

snowman
14th April 2011, 02:59
Snowman, I remember someone else (it could have been you) asking about Smokin HD once before here recently. Why the inquiry? I haven't had any dealings with them since they changed the name but it used to be a pretty decent dealership.

I'm a Carolina boy too, just from a little farther away than Winston. I'm from the High Point area.

Looking at a few bikes they have...:geek:geek:geek
Talkin' to Bill Dotson...
Hope I'm not hi-jackin...

shameless
14th April 2011, 04:21
LOL, "Bother Bill" Dotson used to be a local radio DJ at a country station here (WTQR) for quite a while before he started working there. In fact I have a picture with him and one of the guys from Cox's Harley-Davidson in Asheboro when I won the trophy for dirtiest bike a few years ago.

Bill on the left me in the center.
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i86/96savage650/008-1.jpg

The funny thing is, I just washed the bike before I left the house.

Malek
14th April 2011, 07:56
im down in mooresville, its exit 33/36 on 77. its about an hour ride to elkin.

undeadfred1
15th April 2011, 05:32
any of you guys can feel free to hit me up on facebook, im not on here as much and i get facebook messages on my phone. http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000490134254