PDA

View Full Version : Rigid_EVO 2 into 1 muffler on drag pipes

harrywho
15th April 2011, 14:58
hi people,i would really like someones advice on this..i have this really nice pre 83 2 into 1 muffler (see attached pic) and want to use it on my bike but i am financially embarrassed so i was wanting to buy a set of high set drag pipes and slip this muffler on,would it improve my performance or would it just be a visual change,im hating my present pipes so i wont need much convincing..thanks in advance for any help

Durockrolly
15th April 2011, 15:18
Maybe it's just me but I don't see how one muffler will fit a set of drag pipes. Drag pipes don't run side by side at any point.

harrywho
15th April 2011, 15:47
durockrolly, there are shotgun drag pipes high set drag pipes ect. it was my understanding that drag pipes where pipes that are straight through (no baffles)and are the same diameter..so yeah it is just you

Durockrolly
15th April 2011, 16:02
durockrolly, there are shotgun drag pipes high set drag pipes ect. it was my understanding that drag pipes where pipes that are straight through (no baffles)and are the same diameter..so yeah it is just you

Got it. Thanks!

tmack-1
16th April 2011, 22:51
When you say the pipes you have now.... Do you mean the ones shown in your gallery pictures?

If so, going from a short open 2-1 into a longer 2-1 should theoretically give you some low end torque, but rob some high end. The sound should also be a bit deeper sounding.

In My Option: torque is more fun than a few extra MPH.

also, your pants won't smell like exhaust ... the hair on your legs should start to grow back (gallery shot in shorts) ... etc etc....