PDA

View Full Version : Of all the stupid things I've seen....

aaandht
16th April 2011, 02:06
...This has to be the dumbest.

Waterloo SAE team suspended over photo (http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/04/15/canadian-university-reportedly-suspends-student-team-racy-photo/?test=latestnews)

:rolleyes:

floorit
16th April 2011, 02:14
Crock of shit.

Confused89
16th April 2011, 02:28
Wonder how many of the students will return to the team next year?

Gojira
16th April 2011, 02:30
yup thats some bs right there...

IronSportMan
16th April 2011, 02:36
That girl has a BA in Engineering and a BA in SEXY!

GBag
16th April 2011, 02:42
No Bhurka's, No Bikini's. Next we'll have fill out a form to go to the bathroom.

aaandht
16th April 2011, 02:57
Wonder how many of the students will return to the team next year?

A lot of time gets put into those cars. I'm currently on my schools team. Between your classes and designing/building the car and work, you get no down time. I'd be pissed if they pulled that crap on us, and would defiantly not sign up the next year.

whittlebeast
16th April 2011, 03:21
To think that they had the nerve to post a photo when her leg was covering one of the car numbers. Des-graceful..

HellHammer132
16th April 2011, 03:21
Uhhhhh I thought this kind of shit, women posing with cars, is part of the deal isn't it? Ever watch a Touring car race, F1, MotoGP, you name it, all the paddock girls everywhere? And that photo wasn't even in bad taste IMO. Buncha bullshit!

aaandht
16th April 2011, 03:31
Uhhhhh I thought this kind of shit, women posing with cars, is part of the deal isn't it? Ever watch a Touring car race, F1, MotoGP, you name it, all the paddock girls everywhere? And that photo wasn't even in bad taste IMO. Buncha bullshit!

On top of that she designed the chassis. HOTT!:banana

SuRrEaLNJ
16th April 2011, 05:03
she designes and works on it, but she can't pose with it?
to raise money for charity no less?

I was an engineering student, and new people on formula sae, but droped out early in my college career, so I was not one of them. It takes alot to design,build and compete in that, and for them to lose the oprtunity to compete is total bs, esp since she helped design and build the frikken thing!

And realistically fat women show more skin at the community pool

Way to further drive home the fact that you can't be a woman and an engineer at the same time

MonkeyMouse
16th April 2011, 05:38
What the hell!

A) Thats one of the dumbest reasons ever to keep them from competing, if you wanna punish them sure but do keep them from competing!

B) Why in the world are there ZERO girls that look like that in my mechanical engineering classes!

maddenj
16th April 2011, 06:23
SO this is a simple message to women, you can be hot, you can be smart, but god forbid you be both and be proud of being both, you will screw over everyone.

mckey73
16th April 2011, 07:40
First hardtails are outlawed and now this? WTF is going on up there???

XL Ed
16th April 2011, 12:36
Welcome to Canada! Isn't it great! And gas is $1.30/L today!

racerwill
16th April 2011, 12:51
yep, Waterloo Univ. is sending a pretty clear message that if you're a smart woman, you have no business being good looking.......and if God wanted anybody looking at that he wouldn't have invented heavy baggy clothing.

Ww

Rascal
16th April 2011, 12:54
http://a57.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/World/397/224/racecar640.jpg

NI-STR
16th April 2011, 13:55
The schools stand is that it was an improper use of school facilities in that no prior permission was obtained for the photo shoot.
On those grounds,I can see them having an issue. However, to suspend the entire team for the actions of a few is outrageous. The dean is trying to send a strong message here............but all it says is "I'm an idiot with way too much power and I've decided to use it, just prove I'm not an impotent figurehead. What an ASSHOLE!!!!!!!

NI-STR
16th April 2011, 13:57
Oh yeah.......Canadian girls kick ass:banana:banana:banana

aaandht
16th April 2011, 23:34
B) Why in the world are there ZERO girls that look like that in my mechanical engineering classes!

Its engineering:laugh

alvycolt45
16th April 2011, 23:55
At least Fox news found the photo decent enough to post it.

ChinCactus
17th April 2011, 00:22
First hardtails are outlawed and now this? WTF is going on up there???

Hardtails are against the Law!?!? In Canada!??

Thought we had it bad hear in the US with Uncle Sugar protecting us from ourselves.

Bullshirt!

pquirk
17th April 2011, 01:21
I can see why they'd get in trouble for using that picture; the silly looking car in the background really detracts from the young lady.

jonnybravo
17th April 2011, 03:12
you guys arent thinking, she can make more than enough money swinging around a pole to finance not only the car but, the trip, the team, the team party, the team orgy ....... screw the university ... but isnt that what we all said ?????