PDA

View Full Version : Ebay WWXD

BluBeaSSt
23rd April 2011, 14:50
(What would XLF Do)

So I took some parts off my 400ex before I traded it for my Harley, on of them being the Big Gun CDI Box. Posted it on Ebay,it sold and I shipped it out USPS Flat rate. Guy that bought it Emails me yesterday saying

Dear blubeasst,

The auction said it was fully functional...it does NOT work!

- angi_jolie

I replyed with,

Dear angi_jolie,

It worked in my 06 400EX before I posted it on Ebay.

- blubeasst

He sent me another message that says he has tried it in 2 quads and it doesn't work...he wants a refund. In the ad it says it's a used part, sold as is and no warranty. It really did work when I yanked it from my bike. For all I know this guy messed it up and broke it. So what would you guys do? I kinda wanna tell him to get -I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!-ed but might not be the best bet.

twotoneXLH883C
23rd April 2011, 14:57
Remind him that is was sold as USED and NO WARRANTY... He'll have to get over it. I've never seen anyone or company that would give a refund on a used part.

khaskins
23rd April 2011, 14:57
Buyer bought it. No warranty as per terms. Period. It was working when you took it off. Used parts.

Link Hogthrob
23rd April 2011, 15:21
Devil's advocate for a minute here.

I'm not saying that the part didn't work when it went out the door BluBeaSST.

But, as for "used with no warranty" if, for example, one of us here bought a Dakota speedo/tach gauge (or some other piece of equipment) and it didn't work what would you do?

I doubt any of us would stand there holding our newly fleabay-purchased speedo and say to oursevles "Oh well, it was sold as is with no warranty. Maybe I'll have better luck next time."

The point is this; maybe it would be better to work something out with the buyer. Trouble shoot it with him.

BluBeaSSt
23rd April 2011, 15:32
Devil's advocate for a minute here.

I'm not saying that the part didn't work when it went out the door BluBeaSST.

But, as for "used with no warranty" if, for example, one of us here bought a Dakota speedo/tach gauge (or some other piece of equipment) and it didn't work what would you do?

I doubt any of us would stand there holding our newly fleabay-purchased speedo and say to oursevles "Oh well, it was sold as is with no warranty. Maybe I'll have better luck next time."

The point is this; maybe it would be better to work something out with the buyer. Trouble shoot it with him.

It's a plug and play unit though, just take your factory one out and clip this one in. Not sure why it wouldn't work.

gusotto
23rd April 2011, 16:08
Buyer bought it. No warranty as per terms. Period. It was working when you took it off. Used parts.
Agreed!

I've bought plenty of used parts and I know I might get a stinker but I've been lucky. Buyer beware, check feedback always.

I did have one buyer who bought some Pepsi Super Heros glasses from me. Said they were loose, chipped and paint coming off in the box when received.
Couldn't happen because every glass (6) was perfect and was individually wrapped with cushioned packing paper, taped and labeled. Plenty of packing to prevent movement.

Wanted some money back. I thought about having him send the glasses back but when I looked at his feedback, I saw the items he sold. He was a resale dealer in the very items I sold him. I knew I'd never get the same glasses back so I gave him a few dollars off, provided he leave a positive feedback first.
He did.

I did learn from the experience. If the item can be labeled without harm, I attach my adhesive address label. Can't take it off without harming the label. Doesn't harm the item. Then I can identify the item as something I sold. I also use a UV marker on a hidden spot. Can't be seen except with a UV light reader. I'm the only one who knows it's there.

"Sometimes" there are shady buyers.
Haven't had a problem since. I think the visable address label slows any "funny" thoughts.

Wreck
23rd April 2011, 17:30
Used items & electrical items, no returns.