PDA

View Full Version : Help on a Wrist-Watch

B06Tang
24th April 2011, 07:39
Alright...here is the lo-down skinny. My watch of five years has fallen prey to the evil hands of a three year old little boy and it did not survive to tell it's tale!! In other words...I'm out of a watch and that is a big deal for me. I have vowed about a year ago that I would buy American made products as much as I possibly can. This goes from a car all the way down to...well...a wrist-watch. My only problem is that $500 and up is too rich for this working joe's blood. Hell, I'm career military so some shmancy $1,500 watch might actually burn through my wrist due to an allergic reaction. Does anyone know of a good, American made watch in the price range of $100-$300? They might be out there but I'll be damned if I can find it. Oh yeah...I'm stationed overseas so I have to do this on an internet buy and not in a local store. Any help would be appreciated.

Darkice
27th April 2011, 17:08
If you find one that says "Made in America" it's still going to be sub contracted out to some foreign entity. I get my watches from Bluedial.com.
Reasonable prices and they have Everything.

TnCobra
27th April 2011, 17:25
If I wore a watch I'd probably wear one of these.

http://www.stauer.com/search/Mens-Watches/3

The one that looks like a speedo cluster is cool.

No clue to where they are made.

khaskins
27th April 2011, 17:28
You can buy a nice Citizen watch for that price range.

Woodie
28th April 2011, 00:48
Maybe a sundial?LOL Other than that I buy Timex-I like the Indiglo's

Ireeman
28th April 2011, 01:07
I have many Walthams that are 100% American made... try there.

Waltham Mass.

garandman
28th April 2011, 01:11
Even watches assembled in us often have swiss movements.r

Timex has chronographs in the $100 range.
I wear one of the IronMen models or a Seiko 5 military automatic - $65 to $100 on eBay shipped from Hong Kong Singapore or some us dealers.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5gqrGgD1BjFZ_VM7Cm2-dUa50w97l3yvcpUl9ZEysvWpHn5wg

LuxBlue
28th April 2011, 01:30
I never wear a watch. Everybody else knows the time.

kaybeetoy
28th April 2011, 01:58
I have a self winding Seiko that I have worn for about 9 years. I paid $80 for it new. It keeps good time and what is more American than a Good Seiko in an American Home Town Jewelery Store?

Charles:
29th April 2011, 18:00
I have vowed about a year ago that I would buy American made products as much as I possibly can.

Says the guy who owns a British bike and drives a car made with foreign parts.

;)

Just buy a damn Seiko and be done with it.

Tin Man 2
29th April 2011, 18:14
B06Tang, I think its great that you are taking the trouble to shop for American products 1st... I try to do the same, despite what the nay sayers think it does make a difference. I refuse to join the ranks of those who help us in the"race to the bottom". If all Americans took the time to do this we would have a strong middle class like we had in the past.

Calvin
29th April 2011, 20:35
I dabble in watches and can tell you that due to globalization, there is no 100% American made watch with 100% American made components anymore. If you really want that you will need to purchase a 1950s era Bulova, Hamilton, Timex or Waltham, to name a few. Although these manufacturers exist today, they are either assembled outside the US or contain foreign components.

dewiz1
30th April 2011, 04:57
I simply have a Casio G_Shock, and I normally beat the hell out of my watches due to my job. only bought a new G shock last year after having the same watch for the last 10 years. Nuff said! (Not American but close enough)