PDA

View Full Version : Went for a ride, ended up in the drive through

Phillober
24th April 2011, 09:28
So today was my buddies birthday, got invited out to the bar, there was a 30% chance of rain with a 'severe thunderstorm warning'... everytime I listen to the weather giving me storm warnings I end up driving my car home dry as a bone so I said 'ef' it

The lightning lighting up the sky was very impressive..sorry didn't get any pics of that, it only drisled momentarily here and there... sure enough, never rained enough to regret taking the bike.

when I got there, met a cute little girl that just had to take a picture on my bike.. she's a Harley babe after all... sorry but this is the only crappy pic I got

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq202/antiboysuperstar/my%20threads/103.jpg?t=1303632473

Then she asks when I'll take her for a ride?? haha... soon.. if you're lucky I say with a wink.... she was cute.. (hope she does take me up on that ride)

but then on the way home I get a tad hungry and pull into a jack in the box drive thru... sort of laughing to myself as if I could really do this.. but lo and behold... I pull up to order... hit the kill switch, place my order (#11 spicey chicken sammie, extra pickles, diet coke, easy ice), start it up, pull up to the window, kill it again as I dismount and whip out the wallet, pay, grab my soda and place it in one saddle bag. Luckily I did have a shirt in there that helped hold the drink in place.

waiting, standing next to my bike in the drive through as other cars piled in behind me, I starting thinking "wow, am I really in a drive through on the bike??".... then I was handed my snack, placed it in the other saddle bag, mounted and off I went

:laugh :laugh

I must admit I didn't think it was possible,,, but I made it home with out spilling the drink!!!

Love my sporty, Love my saddlebags (once again, thanks Don)

hydrodver
24th April 2011, 09:43
So today was my buddies birthday, got invited out to the bar, there was a 30% chance of rain with a 'severe thunderstorm warning'... everytime I listen to the weather giving me storm warnings I end up driving my car home dry as a bone so I said 'ef' it

The lightning lighting up the sky was very impressive..sorry didn't get any pics of that, it only drisled momentarily here and there... sure enough, never rained enough to regret taking the bike.

when I got there, met a cute little girl that just had to take a picture on my bike.. she's a Harley babe after all... sorry but this is the only crappy pic I got

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq202/antiboysuperstar/my%20threads/103.jpg?t=1303632473

Then she asks when I'll take her for a ride?? haha... soon.. if you're lucky i say with a wink.... she was cute.. (hope she does take me up on that ride)

but then on the way home I get a tad hungry and pull into a jack in the box drive thru... sort of laughing to myself as if I could really do this.. but lo and behold... I pull up to order... hit the kill switch, place my order (#11 spicey chicken sammie, extra pickles, diet coke, easy ice), start it up, pull up to the window, kill it again as I dismount and whip out the wallet, pay, grab my soda and place it in one saddle bag. Luckily I did have a shirt in there that helped hold the drink in place.

waited, standing next to my bike in the drive through as other cars piled in behind me.... then I was handed my snack, placed it in the other saddle bag, mounted and off I went

:laugh :laugh

I must admit I didn't think it was possible,,, but I made it home with out spilling the drink!!!

Love my sporty, Love my saddlebags (once again, thanks Don)

Its all about setting up your ride. Every morning i pass a bikini coffee stand on my way to work. As much as I love to ride more than once I wish i was in the car so i could stop. But i found the perfect solution. I attached a cup holder to the bars and got a coffee cup with a lid that seals now I stop almost every morning. I don't know why i didn't think of this sooner :)

CitySlicker
24th April 2011, 09:45

That is impressive! And I have to admit, I didn't see that coming. I saw the title and figured you were seeking shelter from the rain, which as it turned out was almost relevant. By all means take that girl for a ride (maybe even the one she's expecting) :banadanc wink wink, nudge nudge :p

BWP 5p
24th April 2011, 12:50
I go throught the bank drive up all the time! I just shut it off like you did and waddle it through!:laugh

03anniverserysporty
24th April 2011, 12:57
i have yet to do this but for some reason when my buddies and i go out for a ride/run the icecream shop always stops us every time lol

marcel8u
24th April 2011, 13:53
great story....take the lil lady for a ride!!

Bob F
24th April 2011, 13:56
take the lil lady for a ride

+1

Horse
24th April 2011, 13:57
dude, she wanted you to say right now... you let the moment pass, good luck with that. heh
I also have a cup that seals, it's made by thermos, I've yet to see anything that would make it leak. I take a lot of long trips and this is one of my "must haves" on those trips. Gots to have my caffiene

Baphomet
24th April 2011, 14:06
So today was my buddies birthday, got invited out to the bar ...

when I got there, met a cute little girl ...

Then she asks when I'll take her for a ride ...

I get a tad hungry and pull into a jack in the box ...

I made it home with out spilling the drink!!! ...

The quote above is how I read your post. At 54 years old even my priorities aren't THAT messed up!!:laugh:laugh

hydrodver
24th April 2011, 14:52
dude, she wanted you to say right now... you let the moment pass, good luck with that. heh
I also have a cup that seals, it's made by thermos, I've yet to see anything that would make it leak. I take a lot of long trips and this is one of my "must haves" on those trips. Gots to have my caffiene

Yeah the first time i went to the drive up coffee stand to flirt with the cutties on the bike i figured it was close to work so i didnt need any special cup. Yeah the first bump i hit shot coffee all over me and my scoot lol

Phillober
24th April 2011, 14:59
The quote above is how I read your post. At 54 years old even my priorities aren't THAT messed up!!:laugh:laugh

:laugh :laugh I guess it does sound a little backwards

Ice
24th April 2011, 15:30
Um yeah, you should've taken her for the ride

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s185/chopper68/misc/103.jpg

garandman
24th April 2011, 15:47
Its all about setting up your ride. Every morning i pass a bikini coffee stand on my way to work. As much as I love to ride more than once I wish i was in the car so i could stop. But i found the perfect solution. I attached a cup holder to the bars and got a coffee cup with a lid that seals now I stop almost every morning. I don't know why i didn't think of this sooner :)For you wannabe BMW/Gold Wing owners, RAM makes a gimballed coffee cup holder.
http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045066045049051050082085/Default.aspx

travistheone
24th April 2011, 16:00
always let the girl hop on.

i have never taken my HD through a drive through, but when my transportation was a xr85 honda dirtbike I would go through all the time.

kowboi
24th April 2011, 16:09
This story should have ended differently.

twotoneXLH883C
24th April 2011, 16:14
This story should have ended differently.

Yeah, where the cuties hooked up with Gramps on his Road COUCH........LOL

Francois
24th April 2011, 16:21

Yeah, what has become of the youth?:doh:D

bahamutangel
24th April 2011, 16:24
I routinely hit up the Sonic near me on the bike. I use my helmet hanging on the bars to hold my drink and tots.

Dazed
24th April 2011, 16:40
I agree with Horse the Girl sounds like she was waitting for the invite right then and there. Tisk-tisk might'a missed your shot buddy..... But at least you got a full stomach.

kowboi
24th April 2011, 16:41
Can you give negative rep?

Phillober
24th April 2011, 16:50
Aww come on guys, it's not that bad

kowboi
24th April 2011, 16:53
Why yes, yes it is that bad. And you call yourself a Zombie Leg Humper!

travistheone
24th April 2011, 16:54
sometimes a good meal is way better then a women, but fast food and women both give you too much shit

Loner
24th April 2011, 17:28
The girl yes I would have given her a ride on my bike.
as for the drive thru when I was younger I used to live on fast food and had only a bike for transportation, I work swing shift all the time then and all the food places would be closed and the drive thru would be the only things open, I used to just get a burger and fries and skip the drink, well that ended costing more than a combo, I also used to keep a stock of can soda at home, then I got an idea I used to use a tank bag all the time on my kawi and found that if put a piece of foam with a hole cut in it it on the inside would hold a soda or coffee cup just fine.
I also found out my field jacket pocket would hold a regular drink just fine.
As for those bikini coffee stands I always visit them when I'm up in the Seattle area.:D
I understand those ladies make very good tips.

on a not so related note
I got a new magnetic mount tank bag for my sporty and I was going to try and fit my DSLR, lenses and accesories into it so I don't have to wear a heavy camera backpack:clap

But then I got to thinking the magnets might mess up my memory cards:doh

I'm now looking at a tailpack of some kind.

KaotikEvo
24th April 2011, 17:37
she might still hang out with ya as one of the "girls", no offense meant, but methinks ya blew that one.

I've never been to a Jack in the box,.....are they that good?!?!?

Loner
24th April 2011, 17:40
Jack in the box is okay, But I went vegetarian a few years ago, and all I ever get is the egg and cheese burrito or a grilled cheese and both of those are good.

Phillober
24th April 2011, 17:47
I'm not worried about blowing it

Jack in the box was just what was there

Ice
24th April 2011, 19:50
Why yes, yes it is that bad. And you call yourself a Zombie Leg Humper!

Did you get her number? If yes, call her now. Then report back to us. You can even tell her you are getting a hard time from your buddies on the interwebs message board, no wait, scratch that, just call her.

sameeo
24th April 2011, 21:15
Sex with the girl you gave a ride to, in the drive thru would have made a much better story!

CitySlicker
24th April 2011, 21:33
Aww come on guys, it's not that bad

OK, so we're all second guessing your decision. Only you can judge your level of interest and priorities at the time. But women want to be convinced of your worthiness as a suitor. Even if they are already interested (which is the case if they're bothering to flirt with you), they still want to feel like you're making an effort to win them over. Having the conviction to say "right here, right now" would have been pretty convincing. On the other hand, "I'll get back to you on that" is not so convincing. If you were remotely interested, but still wanted to hang with your buddy at the party, the best response would have been to set a date right then and there.

mycle1000
24th April 2011, 21:57
back when i was single, if a girl jumped on my bike i quit being hungry...

dewrew
24th April 2011, 22:18
maybe hungry for something else ;)

Now i HAVE to try the drive thru idea hahaha I had considered it before but never had the ball sot try. The weird looks will make it worth while!
:D

wilkin4
25th April 2011, 00:16
Can you give negative rep?

Just spit my soda out........ that was funny.:D:D:D

If your married I understand you not giving her a ride. If your not married, or otherwise committed to someone, I don't understand.....