PDA

View Full Version : Heineken commercial

Doc45
26th April 2011, 06:28
The ad "The Entrance" with song by The Asteroids Galaxy Tour seems to elicit a lot of either hate or love. I like it, here's the longer version. I think the commercial is very well done & clever:

YouTube - The Asteroids Galaxy Tour - "The Golden Age".

wandrur
26th April 2011, 06:45
The woman's voice drives me insane. She's like a cracked out, overaged Shirley Temple.

Desertfox
26th April 2011, 09:38
[QUOTE=Doc45;3251549]The ad "The Entrance" with song by The Asteroids Galaxy Tour seems to elicit a lot of either hate or love. I like it, here's the longer version. I think the commercial is very well done & clever:

QUOTE]

Not only that, but as evidenced by the fact that it has stuck in your mind to the extent that you would post about it, highly effective ;) That's why the ad execs make the big bucks.

B06Tang
26th April 2011, 10:20
Inspired me to have a Guinness

Bob99
26th April 2011, 14:25
She's very sexy and pretty, and the music is catchy. It just seems to me that it's hard to tell it's a commercial for Heineken or anything for that matter. I can't even understand what she's saying most of the time. I must be missing something. Help me out here Doc.

hmiller
26th April 2011, 14:35
Well, I don't drink the beer but it's a catch, but not my style music, song. She is pretty hot though.

Airbozo
26th April 2011, 14:51
Good song, but I agree about the voice. She has what I call a "Man with two Brains" voice...

Fran the hooker...

Sleeper
26th April 2011, 15:00
I F*&^ing Loved It! :clap
Dig the late 60's thru 70's party vibe.
The song is catchy and I love that girls voice and look too, she's hot.
Great commercial!

Doc45
26th April 2011, 15:32
She's very sexy and pretty, and the music is catchy. It just seems to me that it's hard to tell it's a commercial for Heineken or anything for that matter. I can't even understand what she's saying most of the time. I must be missing something. Help me out here Doc.

Here ya go:
http://www.metrolyrics.com/the-golden-age-lyrics-the-asteroids-galaxy-tour.html
Some references to the Rat Pack, Sally Bowles, I just think they've hit the style of party life that some are drawn to (or at least would like to).

The short 1 min version is much stronger in product placement-the goal of a commercial-and yes it is effective to get people talking about "hey don't you hate/dig that Heineken commercial?" LOL.

Similar stuff happened leading up to Christmas with the Hyundai commercials featuring Pomplamousse.

Bob99
26th April 2011, 15:50
Here ya go:
http://www.metrolyrics.com/the-golden-age-lyrics-the-asteroids-galaxy-tour.html
Some references to the Rat Pack, Sally Bowles, I just think they've hit the style of party life that some are drawn to (or at least would like to).

The short 1 min version is much stronger in product placement-the goal of a commercial-and yes it is effective to get people talking about "hey don't you hate/dig that Heineken commercial?" LOL.

Similar stuff happened leading up to Christmas with the Hyundai commercials featuring Pomplamousse.

Thanks Doc. Yeah, I can see how it would get people talking about the "commercial". It surely has us talking. In the "old" days, they said if you didn't know what the advertised product was within the first 10 or 15 seconds of the commercial, the commercial was considered ineffective. I guess that theory is out the window these days.

Airbozo
26th April 2011, 16:02
Thanks Doc. Yeah, I can see how it would get people talking about the "commercial". It surely has us talking. In the "old" days, they said if you didn't know what the advertised product was within the first 10 or 15 seconds of the commercial, the commercial was considered ineffective. I guess that theory is out the window these days.

I tend not to pay attention to the product. If you hadn't told me it was a Heineken commercial I wouldn't have known.

I recently saw an easter commercial and didn't know who it was for either until I searched for it on the net. Turns out it was a Walmart ad. Camo eggs...

Bob99
26th April 2011, 16:40
I tend not to pay attention to the product. If you hadn't told me it was a Heineken commercial I wouldn't have known.

I recently saw an easter commercial and didn't know who it was for either until I searched for it on the net. Turns out it was a Walmart ad. Camo eggs...

I also wouldn't have known it was a commercial for Heineken.

I guess this new angle may work out well for advertisers. Actually, in thinking about this method of advertising, years ago I knew a man that had a fabric store and his print advertising consisted entirely of love letters he wrote to his wife whom he adored. There was no mention of his products other than the name of the store. Well, women were so intrigued by this, that they flocked to his store and he did quite well financially. Go figure. LOL.

Airbozo
26th April 2011, 16:57
I also wouldn't have known it was a commercial for Heineken.

I guess this new angle may work out well for advertisers. Actually, in thinking about this method of advertising, years ago I knew a man that had a fabric store and his print advertising consisted entirely of love letters he wrote to his wife whom he adored. There was no mention of his products other than the name of the store. Well, women were so intrigued by this, that they flocked to his store and he did quite well financially. Go figure. LOL.

Nice!

Romance sells!

Old Goat Ninja
26th April 2011, 17:50
OMG, I had to push pause as soon as she started to sing.... Gonna have to pass on this thread

drd1135
26th April 2011, 18:53
The woman's voice drives me insane. She's like a cracked out, overaged Shirley Temple.

You say that like it's a bad thing. :p

Interesting commercial. I still prefer Guinness.

sportsterdude.248
26th April 2011, 19:09
Don't know about the beer but, I have a craving for some of them sour gummie candies now after watching that.:D

Crosshairs
26th April 2011, 19:27
Id hit it....

Folkie
26th April 2011, 19:36
I love it (the song, not the lager).

Doc45
26th April 2011, 20:28
Yeah, advertising & marketing in general is a different world today. I would guess their targeted audience is mid/late 20 & early 30 yr. olds. There's a very cool acoustic version of this song where the band is sitting in a boat & it's just all one, unedited shot once the song starts. For those that don't like it, sorry, for those that do enjoy :D:

Dailymotion - The Asteroids Galaxy Tour - The Golden age - une vidéo Music@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video@@AMEPARAM@@video

Folkie
26th April 2011, 20:57
Thanks; that's great,

funnythebunny
26th April 2011, 21:02
It's advertizing genius, in my book... still, wouldn't touch the beer if it was free (wasted advertizing dollars as I don't drink).

Either way, I would download their music... The more I listen to it, the more I like it :D

kowboi
26th April 2011, 21:57
Her voice sounds like a little kid.

Charles:
27th April 2011, 02:36
They also have a song featured in an Apple commercial

YouTube - The Asteroids Galaxy Tour - "Around the Bend".