PDA

View Full Version : Wots wrong?

Ingemar
28th December 2004, 17:09
Question for those who can dream jets, needles and slides.

With regards to tuning a carb, what needs to change if the bike every once in a while shows a little hesitation and sneezes at around 4500-5000 rpm?

Thanx!

Ingemar
29th December 2004, 21:36
Maybe I need to use the magic word ....

Please?

;)

FastFwd
30th December 2004, 10:00
Not sure Ingemar,
Here's a bump and maybe someone will give a suggestion.

maddog
30th December 2004, 12:38
Suggestion...Clean the fuel valve screen inside the tank..Upgrade to a Pingel Fuel Valve..??

AZbiker
30th December 2004, 17:27
I think the hesitation and sneeze is an indication of a lean condition. At that RPM though, I'm not sure if it's the needle or the main. When you're in a higher gear, open up the throttle to WOT, and then snap it shut. If you feel a little surge forward before it starts to slow down, your main jet is too small.

You could try shimming the needle first, or if that doesn't work, remove the shim and go up a size on the main. Best way to figure it out if you're really concerned is, of course, a dyno run.

Hopefully one of the more knowledgeable posters will respond to this...

Bikerdude
30th December 2004, 17:41
Yea....what THEY said....x2

maddog
31st December 2004, 00:22
Clogged Fuel Vavle screen= Lean condition...Duhhh

xllent01
31st December 2004, 01:50
Clogged Fuel Vavle screen= Lean condition...Duhhh

Sounds more like fuel starvation than a lean condition. :yikes

Ingemar
31st December 2004, 08:13
Thanks guys.

I'll be experimenting. I'll keep you posted.

willprevale
31st December 2004, 11:33
Suggestion...Clean the fuel valve screen inside the tank..Upgrade to a Pingel Fuel Valve..??

IMHO Pingels are highly over rated. Check the filter and make sure you're getting free flow. Do a plug check. Ya might be a little lean.

maddog
31st December 2004, 12:20
IMHO Pingels are highly over rated. Check the filter and make sure you're getting free flow. Do a plug check. Ya might be a little lean.

And overpriced Will...But my point is that the factory's diaphram type sucks.Once I had all the go fast goodies on my bike she was starvin' for fuel between 5k and 6k.