PDA

View Full Version : How have you guys dealt with it? (bike out of use)

skelly
1st May 2011, 03:03
After about a year of working on her piece by piece and still able to ride her daily... she is now broke apart and sitting in a paint booth. How in the hell did you guys manage with yours missing for extended periods of time?

I keep finding myself looking into the garage as if she has magically appeared, fully done and beckoning me to take her to the drive-in... I am sooooo depressed. :frownthre

LuxBlue
1st May 2011, 03:07
After about a year of working on her piece by piece and still able to ride her daily... she is now broke apart and sitting in a paint booth. How in the hell did you guys manage with yours missing for extended periods of time?

I keep finding myself looking into the garage as if she has magically appeared, fully done and beckoning me to take her to the drive-in... I am sooooo depressed. :frownthre

You're not quite in the same boat as me but I understand. I'm down for a month recovering from surgery. But at least I can sit on mine and make vroom, vroom noises. Not the same as riding her though. :frownthre

Ireeman
1st May 2011, 03:28
Got to have multiple steeds, one for this, one for that.

XLXR
1st May 2011, 03:36
Buy another one is my solution.

skelly
1st May 2011, 03:49
Funny you should mention that... I just saw a 93 Softy on Craigs List that needs a new top end for $2300.

Ratchet72
1st May 2011, 04:22
That's what winter time is for!

Likemlouder
1st May 2011, 04:29
already been said but i buy another Gotta Ride :smoke

hasselme0
1st May 2011, 04:37
Well mine sat idle for 6 months then I sent it out for a rewire and a few small items. That took another 5 months. When the bike was done it was October. So I drank alot, spent a large amount of time day dreaming on what I needed to do next. Not going to do anything but ride it. Yes it is Hell to be down and your depression will subside just dont go off the deep end.
:smoke

MisterPX
3rd May 2011, 23:32
This is why you have 2 bikes, and NEVER work on them at the same time ;)

DEEP DIVER
3rd May 2011, 23:41
This is why you have 2 bikes, and NEVER work on them at the same time ;)

Try having 4!!!!!

3 in bits
:laugh

Ziggie
4th May 2011, 14:20
You have PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome). Have no fear, this will pass, but you need to make sure that you remain focused on your trusty steed and direct your energy to plugging away at completing your project. If you've got her down and parts in the booth, you're nearly done! Now you get to do the fun part, put her back together!

fatty883
4th May 2011, 14:58

While my bike was apart, I was on this forum obsessively....I feel your pain, time flies though, and just like me and so many others, you'll be back on the road soon....I hope for your sake. Breath deeply for now.

skelly
4th May 2011, 21:03
I don't know if I am more excited to get her back on the road... or to see my creation completed. Either way... it's been 5 days and 22 hours since she has been at the painter. Another 5 days or so of waiting and then my world can get back to normal.

COSpringer
5th May 2011, 00:47
that's what winter time is for!

+1

skelly
20th May 2011, 10:14
...and i still don't have my parts back. painter says I will have it all back on Monday. Monday couldn't come soon enough!

jharback
20th May 2011, 10:38
That's what winter time is for!

+1
Riding is the best cure for depression.

blawrence
20th May 2011, 14:42
yea,, reading some of the customization that has been done on this forum as well as seeing websites like bikeexif make me want to chop up and modify my bike to no end... BUT then I wouldn't be able to ride it (I have a terrible turnaround time on my projects)..
I plan on buying another bike in a year or to to be my 'project' bike.

ParrotHead
20th May 2011, 14:47
...and i still don't have my parts back. painter says I will have it all back on Monday. Monday couldn't come soon enough!

Did he say which Monday? :laugh

I used to do my work in the winter, but this year I rode all winter so no major changes were made to the bike. Most likely picking up a second bike this fall so I have a better chance of having a bike to ride.

JDROXX
20th May 2011, 14:52
I usually try to keep 3 bikes at all times. And still I end up in the damm cage.

Phillober
20th May 2011, 15:27
How have you guys dealt with it? (bike out of use)

Had my bike in the shop for 45 days, now I'm waiting 2 weeks for headwork to get finished

how do I deal with it you ask?

I cry a lot..... in a fetal position

River Runner
20th May 2011, 15:35
Ditto - 2 bikes and major work if possible in the off season. Although, with a one year old child, and running kids al over the place to day care/sports etc. I'm not getting in much riding this year.

I have 2 mountain bikes too, that way when I break something, I can still ride while I wait for parts to fix the broken one.

skelly
20th May 2011, 20:55
Had my bike in the shop for 45 days, now I'm waiting 2 weeks for headwork to get finished

how do I deal with it you ask?

I cry a lot..... in a fetal position

Congrats to you, Phillober! That one made me laugh. (applause)

Greg75
20th May 2011, 21:40
Steal The Neighbors:shhhh:shhhh

just joking:laugh:laugh

skelly
23rd May 2011, 20:14
Heading over to finally pick up my painted parts... pictures soon to come.

skelly
24th May 2011, 00:55
went to pick up my parts and they were sitting right where I put them when I dropped them off a month ago... without a sliver of color on them. what rights do I have as a consumer? the job was paid for the day I dropped the parts off... maybe I can get a free paint job outta this.

JC1200
24th May 2011, 01:04
Wow the sad thing is my buddy paid for his car to be painted and 13 months went buy before he went and picked it up unpainted to take it to some where else but he paid when the car was painted it only took 3 more weeks so never pay until it ready any problems their is other people looking for work

srrice40
24th May 2011, 01:23
went to pick up my parts and they were sitting right where I put them when I dropped them off a month ago... without a sliver of color on them. what rights do I have as a consumer? the job was paid for the day I dropped the parts off... maybe I can get a free paint job outta this.

WHAT! are you kidding, what Dirt bag! I wouldn't keep it there not after all of the lying going on. Unbelievable, why can't people keep there word, or at least be honest. :(