PDA

View Full Version : Catologs, mags, etc.....

vetteguy
28th December 2004, 17:42
What is a good mag to subscribe to for Sportster enthusiast? Any good catologs or websites for parts, accessories? Thanks, Guy

Doc66
28th December 2004, 18:11
There are no more mags devoted solely to the Sportster. I get American Iron. It's about 10 to 15% Sporster content in a good month. Not the respect it deserves but I pick up something here and there and the rest of the content is mostly Harley so you can't really go wrong. As for catalogs, the 2005 J & P catalog arrived in my mailbox yesterday. They have some limited applications for rubber mount sportys so get yourself a copy.

klown
28th December 2004, 18:25
you can also get the dennis kirk catalog, or the Aerostitch catalog for some neat stuff. I have also downloaded the custom chrome catalog and I think you can also download the drag specialties catalog also.

maddog
28th December 2004, 18:29
What is a good mag to subscribe to for Sportster enthusiast? Any good catologs or websites for parts, accessories? Thanks, Guy

I recommend American Iron,American Rider, And Thunder Press for Magazines.
Catalouges: Drag Specialties, Custom Chrome, J & P Cycles, Kuryakin. and Zippers Performance.
Web Sites: Lickscycles.com

LeavenworthJeff
28th December 2004, 19:08
I agree with Doc66 on American Iron which I have had an subscritpion to the last two years. Another good one is Hot Bike. Our own Sportsterspive (Sean) 883/1250 bike has been in there several times this past year as it has made its transformation. The last issue showed the tach install.

Jeff

Shark Doctor
28th December 2004, 19:56
LeavenworthJeff-

You're new!!! Introduce yourself... and you HAVE to tell us the origin of your handle!!!

:welcome

bud095
28th December 2004, 20:02
american iron is about the best i have found also. more tech articles and the such.

AdO650
28th December 2004, 20:06
Check out these links
this one's a UK link http://www.zodiac.nl/UK/catalogonline.html but you get the general idea.

this one's in the US http://www.steelthundercc.com/catalogs.html
for more catalogues

Then Custom Chrome Europe http://www.custom-chrome-europe.com/home_e.htm

Hope it helps, just don't drool too much :laugh

LeavenworthJeff
28th December 2004, 20:18
SharkDoctor:

I am not new to the XLForum, just haven't posted a lot yet on the new forum. I guess I was a little slow in switching over here from the old board. Plus I am not a big poster, but maybe that will change. As for the handle, everyone else was pretty creative on their handles, so I figured I had to be too. I am in sales/customer service, so I talk to people all around the states and some times the world. Everytime I say we are located in Leavenworth, then they ask about the prison. Thus I might as well embrace it. Ft. Leavenworth has the DB for the military and Lansing, KS which is a twin city of Leavenworth has both the womens and mens state prison for Kansas.

Jeff

Shark Doctor
28th December 2004, 23:21
Well good to get to know ya! Guess you're not an inmate!!! Hard to ride in such a small area?!

gordy
29th December 2004, 14:44
The Vtwin catalog has a large sportster section and drag specialties is pretty good and Mid USA is worth checking out as well.
(not a great fan of CCI or Zodiac )

As for magazines I buy Hot Bike and a few European and Oriental mags