PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Beach Bike Classic= Harassment!

kledhead
4th May 2011, 19:14
Yep, you guessed it COPS! For those of you not familiar with the VB bike classic its a bike week. Although not on the scale of Daytona or Sturgis they have all the usual stuff. Everybody goes to unwind and enjoy themself's carefree and unbothered. Oh no, not this year. Not only did the VBPD show up in full force so did the Va. State Police, choke point road blocks, helicopters, REDICULOUS tickets being written. And for no reason, there was no violence (MCs) or otherwise or anything else to warrant this invasion. Ive about had it up to here with with Govt. overreach. GET OFF OUR BACKS!

NRHS Sales
4th May 2011, 19:25
Vote with your wallet is what I say.

ehrgeiz
4th May 2011, 19:28
That used to be small, but fun, venue to go to when I lived there. I heard they cancelled it, or was going to a while back. Sounds like they should have left it cancelled.

I agree with Dan - if No money = no vendors, no vendors = no taxes and fees to the city/state. Vendors will go elsewhere.

Sorry to hear that though...

jharback
4th May 2011, 21:24
If I'm not mistaken the city started this harassment last year. The City Council decided it was more trouble than it was worth.

DIESEL
4th May 2011, 21:46
Economy sucks....easy revenue generator for the state.

It's happening everywhere.

Did anything happen in the past to warrant this? i.e. Laughlin type incident?

pitbovver
4th May 2011, 21:50
Sounds like typical VA Beach. NO cruising. Multitude of cops. No reason to go there ever in my opinion and I lived on 18th and baltic....

xllent01
4th May 2011, 21:50
These venues have followed suite with Myrtle Beach..What a complete misuse of our tax dollars. F'K THE POLICE..F'K THE CITY COUNCIL...

Go Ride Out In The Country, or the Mountains and send all these a-holes a real message about spending your money elsewhere...Ride Safe!!

sunchild2071
4th May 2011, 22:32
These venues have followed suite with Myrtle Beach..What a complete misuse of our tax dollars. F'K THE POLICE..F'K THE CITY COUNCIL...

Go Ride Out In The Country, or the Mountains and send all these a-holes a real message about spending your money elsewhere...Ride Safe!!

I thought that's where you are supposed to ride. I'm lucky enough to live in the country, rallies are the house where we stop for the evening, town is just a place to get gas when you can't find the country store.

VEEROD
5th May 2011, 23:26
Vote with your wallet is what I say.

I second the motion:frownthre

rockmanbm
6th May 2011, 16:11
Virginia all together has some rediculous riding rules and the state police are very ticket happy....

Greg75
6th May 2011, 16:33
Wife and I talked about going there this year glad we didnt. I'll stay here in the country and maybe go to O.C. Maryland for bike week. Anybody know how its is there?

xllent01
6th May 2011, 22:08
I thought that's where you are supposed to ride. I'm lucky enough to live in the country, rallies are the house where we stop for the evening, town is just a place to get gas when you can't find the country store.

You and me both, but the mass idots tend to gather, or rallie around populated areas since they tend to have hotels and places to eat for the weekender types who think urban riding is going from bar to bar and parking your bike by the front door just to be seen..:laugh :):rolleyes::o:p :banana

srrice40
7th May 2011, 01:22
I lived in Va Beach Va back in the eighties it sucked back then too. Cops were always harassing us, not much there anymore anyway in my opinion. Is WRV still there?

bud095
7th May 2011, 02:10
dont spend a dime there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!bud