Hey me too!!!

:smoke

crospo
17th September 2006, 19:02
Wheres Canada eh?

Desertfox
17th September 2006, 19:11
Wheres Canada eh?
Did a HOG fly and ride to Vancouver Island back in June. Had a great time. Some world class bike roads there :)

Casper
17th September 2006, 19:13
Wheres Canada eh?
To quote the great H. Simpson, "Marge, anyone could miss Canada. All tucked away down there."

jwbradbury
17th September 2006, 20:08
Oh, you mean, northern North U.S. :roflblack

Hose off, eh...!

(gotta love it...!) :rolleyes:

J.W.

Casper
17th September 2006, 23:41
Well, at least you didn't refer to La Canada down there in SoCal. Between the towns La Canada and Ontario down there, it's a wonder any of ya know where the originals are!

Of course, in your defense, as I recall, it was an Ontarian (from the province) that started the city of Ontario down there, so we'll take the blame for that one. But La Canada wasn't us; blame that on your Spanish roots!

Moved On
18th September 2006, 00:18
My roomate in college was from LaCanada, his folks were from Ogdensburg NY and grandparents from Quebec. Maybe his parents named it that.

This is kinda fun hanging out in the Canada forum eh. It's almost like I'm in Canada again you know, the border patrol can't kick me out this time though eh :D

Gazza

jwbradbury
18th September 2006, 01:42
Well, at least you didn't refer to La Canada down there in SoCal. Between the towns La Canada and Ontario down there, it's a wonder any of ya know where the originals are!

Of course, in your defense, as I recall, it was an Ontarian (from the province) that started the city of Ontario down there, so we'll take the blame for that one. But La Canada wasn't us; blame that on your Spanish roots!

When I first arrived here in So-CAL back in the early '70s, the Ontario International Airport was relatively new. On one of my flights, I landed here at Ontario, CA... my bags ended up somewhere in Canada. Those were the days... :roflblack

J.W.

boilermaker
18th September 2006, 04:51
Hey me too!!!

:smoke
Me three:doh :p :laugh

Scooter_Trash
18th September 2006, 06:18
Great, now I have to learn how to speak Canadian.

boilermaker
18th September 2006, 14:21
Great, now I have to learn how to speak Canadian.
It aint to hard sit real close to yer monitor and we'll learn ya:roflblack

Casper
18th September 2006, 14:51
It's easy to speak Canadian! Here's all ya gotta know*:

Loonie: 1 dollar coin
Toonie: 2 dollar coin (no, there is no 3 dollar coin)
Two-four: a case of beer (24 bottles - cans are crap!)
Two-four of five-oh: a case of "Labatt 50" beer - also known as a two-four of fifty
May Two-Four: Victoria Day Weekend, celebrated on the weekend nearest May 24th, generally by emptying a few two-fours over said weekend.

*Please note that this does not apply to speaking Newf. They've got a language all their own that you'll probably never understand as long as you live. That's okay though, since most Canadians will never understand them either.

Other Canuckisms to be aware of:

The Saddam regime killing thousands of innocent civilians was not as great a travesty as Wayne Gretzky moving to the LA Kings and thus ending the Edmonton Oilers' domination over the NHL.
Although Canadians do joke about Americans and their obsession with firearms, it is more likely, per capita, that a Canadian both knows how to use, and owns a gun, than an American. We're like that kid in school that doesn't say anything all semester, and one day just comes out with a line that makes everyone freeze in their tracks and say "holy sh_t! Did HE just say that?!"
In any joke where three separate nationalities walk into a bar, a Newfie (Newfoundlander) is always the punchline guy.
Unlike in the United States, our national anthem does not end with the words "play ball", as there is no ball in hockey.
When drinking in the United States, if a bartender ever states that "maybe you've had enough" simply inform him/her that you are Canadian. Doing so will ensure that your drinks are flowing long after everyone else in the bar has been cut off.
The above tip also works well for bar fights. If an opponent knows you're a Canuck, they assume that you won't hit them (as Canadians are somehow known as peaceful people). This assumption gives you a pretty easy first shot on them. Also, if arrested for said fight, if you tell the cops that you were only defending yourself from some rowdy Yank, they'll believe you. After all, a sweet little Canadian wouldn't start a fight, would he? http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f393/XLF_Casper/Smileys/engel18.gif