\/

Oh well.... :roflblack

Clanure

Takingabreak
10th August 2005, 06:46
I think Sporty75 is from Utah.

PlanB
10th August 2005, 07:00
Either that or "75Oldschool"...I know he's from southern Utah, the best kept secret west of the Mississippi! GilX is from up north in Utah...he'll be here soon, I'm sure!

gilx
11th August 2005, 06:03
Either that or "75Oldschool"...I know he's from southern Utah, the best kept secret west of the Mississippi! GilX is from up north in Utah...he'll be here soon, I'm sure!

I'm here. XLForum is my treat...if I get my chores done and get the kids all taken care of, I'll get on here at the end of the day. Last couple days I've been running late so I haven't made it all the way through all the forums.

I've been thoroughly enjoying our weather! I managed to rack up a couple hundred miles over this last weekend and never went anywhere. Just took every excuse to use the bike to run my errands :laugh

What did you locals think of that thunderstorm last week...the one with the tornado warning? Never guess where I was :tour Yup, right in the middle of it. My youngest daughter needed to run to the salon in Layton where she works. I jumped at that as an excuse to ride the bike and offered her a ride. Going from Clinton to Layton just east of I-15 I noticed the clouds coming in from the South...but thought we could make it. Well...we didn't. Five minutes before she was done I walked out into the parking lot of her salon to admire the sunset. Brilliant yellow and gold...with an almost solid black cloud bank moving to the Northwest. By the time my daughter was ready to leave, the rain had arrived. Huge drops...we were wet by the time we left the parking lot. Within the first mile, the bottom had dropped out of the cloud and it was a torrential downpour. I have never seen it rain so hard in Utah. Needless to say, we were the only motorcycle on the road...all the others apparently had the good sense to wait it out. Actually it was kind of fun. By the end of that first mile back we were both totally soaked. My daughter was laughing so hard she was having trouble holding on :laugh We got the funniest looks from the cagers as we drove by. When we would stop at a traffic light my daughter would waive at the cagers. They would wave back, but with their eyes big and their mouths hanging open as if to say WTF is that? Although at times the wind was gusting...as I found out later...to 50/60 mph, and some of the intersections totally flooded, I never felt out of control. The bike is strong and stable. Keeping the speed well down to avoid any chance of hydroplaning we eventually made it back home. Cold, wet, but laughing. We had a good bonding moment :)

nightwolf
11th August 2005, 06:34
That is truly what riding is all about

Wetcheez
11th August 2005, 20:37
You know what GILX? With this adventure and the snow storm you rode through awhile back. You have to be one of the most extreme riders around. Does your daughter work at Dynamix? Anyways, it's time I left work and went riding.

Clanure
11th August 2005, 21:04
I was actually at the AKUS concert up in Park City at the time, but my Mother-in-Law was home watching the kids in Syracuse. As soon as we got word of the storm we called her. Apparently it was coming down pretty good. It rained out the concert pretty much as well. The OL and I had a blast.

Having lived all of my life in Davis County, It's funny to visualize exactly where you are talking about. I instantly start thinking of all of the salons I know of in Layton.

I wish the weather would at least be consistent. This whole "monsoon" season is killing me. out of all the times I have ridden to work, I bet it has rained at least 50% of the time on my way home.

Anyways, any other UT riders out there?

Clanure

75oldschool
11th August 2005, 22:06
holy crap theres four of us now! man riding down here is great.a couple of weekend ago my son and i went to zions.on are way home downpoor first time for him it felt good it was about 105 that day.about 20+miles from home made it safe.any ways:welcome its a fun place to be when not riding.will be testing the 04 out next month going to slc to meet my new grand baby this will be my first long trip on bike wife and kids will be in the van.

gilx
12th August 2005, 06:26
You know what GILX? With this adventure and the snow storm you rode through awhile back. You have to be one of the most extreme riders around. Does your daughter work at Dynamix? Anyways, it's time I left work and went riding.

Ha, not really. I'm actually quite a conservative rider...trouble just seems to find me :banana

MisterB
16th August 2005, 05:33
Do you Utah guys want to get together for a ride one of these weekends? I'm in "Happy Valley" (Utah County). We could take the Alpine Loop up over in to Sundance and have lunch, and then up Provo Canyon to Park City, etc. Or, we could make a bigger event out of it, and head down to Southern Utah. I'm game...

Wetcheez
17th August 2005, 02:06
Sounds like an excellent idea to me.

Snake1994
7th October 2005, 06:37
I rode my bike to work that day. Layton to Draper.... never bothered to check the weather. Of course no one else rode... About 2pm I thought the wind was going to blow it over and it rained, and rained and rained.

It was pouring when I left but we had already planned to stop for a drink.

After about 1 1/2 hours there was a break in the storm, so I rode home. It was absolutely beautiful. The road was perfect and the freeway was empty.

I'll never regret my dumb decision to ride that day, it was almost perfect.

Y2K
7th October 2005, 14:20
I like riding in Utah does that count?
http://v2-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305

Snake1994
8th October 2005, 18:54
Riding through Utah is a blast. Living here not quite so. Riding OUT of Utah, ROCKS!...

Dont forget Elko in 2006

Snake

I like riding in Utah does that count?
http://v2-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305

Blue_Spectre
10th July 2008, 17:29
Wow last post in 2005!!!

3 years of dead silence.

Anyone here anymore?

Just bought my 93 1200 FXH from a Vet in Helper UT.

Helllllooooooooooooo............

Gone
10th July 2008, 18:24
but none of them seem to be on here. I am just south of slc how about you.

Blue_Spectre
10th July 2008, 18:40
I'm in West Jordan.

Been here for 10 years this month.

This is my first bike. Just got my learners permit to ride it.

Alot of bike, but I rode Yamaha 250s pert near my whole life.

Just never rode any of em on the street.

Gone
10th July 2008, 19:30
I have seen two a couple of new stories in the last couple of days of some idiot not watching and taking out a bike with deadly results.

foxman350
18th July 2008, 01:54
Howdy, reside here in salt lake city. Riding pretty much every day, ya can catch me down in Sandy as well, Since I work down there :tour

sodex
20th April 2009, 05:39
Hi guys im new, from West Jordan, bought my 1200 about fourish months ago. Figured I would say hello. Utah seems kinda dead..