PDA

View Full Version : What It's About

alleydude
30th December 2004, 01:37
I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out what all this riding stuff is about. I think the true Sporty riders can relate to what I'm trying to say here. I wrote this one day when I was bored. Be kind...

It's not just the bike
It's about the wind
It's about the power
It's about tradition
It's about freedom
It's about brotherhood

It's about riding for hours on a seat that isn't nearly as comfortible as you would like

It's about riding in the rain, shivering from the cold that numbs your legs and hands

It's about seeing the snow start to drift down and refusing to give up the ride

It's about wanting to keep riding no matter what, than to surrender to four wheels

It's about getting home cold and wet from a long, cold, rainy ride and as you stand next to the fire in the fireplace, you chuckle to yourself and tell yourself "good ride", and make plans to do it again tomorrow

It's about taking the back roads instead of the freeway
It's about stopping only for gas or food, or a friend in need

It's about knowing you have a place to stay, any night of the week, or any time of the night

It's about doing unto others, because it's the right thing to do

It's about offering a drink out of your bottle if you don't have another to offer

It's about always having another place at the table, even if it's past dinner time

It's about sharing your tools
It's about putting someone else's tools back where you got them

It's about not having to lock up your bike, or being able to hang your helmet or leathers off your bike without worry

It's about one for all, and all for one

It's about what's mine is mine, and what's yours is yours, and if you respect that then what I have is yours too.

Feel free to add to it. What's it about to you?

http://www.hdbikers.com/Alleydude/Pictures/Sunset77.jpg

Myke
30th December 2004, 01:44
It's about pieces and parts all over the garage and basement waiting for the ZippersPerformance fairy to get finished with my engine...

Myke

Bikerdude
30th December 2004, 01:48
...yea..what alleydude said!!!!!!!!!!!!! :chtwo

pquirk
30th December 2004, 02:00
It's about time...and finding ways to get more of it in the saddle

txsporty
30th December 2004, 02:47
It's about brotherhood

It's about the Friends you meet on the Road and Here on the Forum!!

Moved On
30th December 2004, 03:13
It's about understanding why your dog loves
to stick his head out the window of the car.

Gary

Shark Doctor
30th December 2004, 03:21
Alleydude-

You don't by chance work in/own a small m/c shop in Kingsley, do you? Stayed in Kingsley for several days in mid-Oct and rode the peninsula on a wonderful fall weekend. Might have been the same ride that inspired your writing!!!

We'll have to ride in the spring!

collinsb
30th December 2004, 03:31
It's about why I like to stick my head out of the window of my car!
Billy

willprevale
30th December 2004, 03:59
It's about why I like to stick my head out of the window of my car!
Billy

That explains a few things... :laugh

dabronco
30th December 2004, 04:05
It's about comments like, "I'm goin' fer smokes! See ya in a couple hours!" It's about riding all day, and loving every minute of it even though NOBODY saw you!

harleymanjay04
30th December 2004, 04:20
its about goin through withdraw when you can't ride. and everthing you said.sweet wright up bro.

willprevale
30th December 2004, 04:28
It's about being the iconoclast and marching to your own beat.
It's about loving the ride more than the "ride".
It's about the sacrifices we make just to ride
It's about a brotherhood that can't be defined.
It's about a love that goes beyond words.

It's about looking at the skeptic and saying... if I have to explain, you wouldn't understand.

alleydude
30th December 2004, 04:38
Alleydude-

You don't by chance work in/own a small m/c shop in Kingsley, do you? Stayed in Kingsley for several days in mid-Oct and rode the peninsula on a wonderful fall weekend. Might have been the same ride that inspired your writing!!!

We'll have to ride in the spring!

Nope, not affiliated with First Kick (First Prick) of Kingsley. I did have my bike worked on there last Winter, but don't get me started on the nightmare than ensued. I wish now I had done the work myself, but I was young and naive. I highly, HIGHLY recommend going to Cycle-Moore (http://www.1stkick.com/) of Interlochen, Michigan. Fine, fine folks.

Where is Albion? (Too lazy to dig out my map)...

Moved On
30th December 2004, 06:13
It's about comments like, "I'm goin' fer smokes! See ya in a couple hours!" It's about riding all day, and loving every minute of it even though NOBODY saw you!Yah, like going to the gas station to filler up and coming back home with an empty tank again :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh

Me: Honey I'm gonna run down to the gas station.
Wife: Where the hell have you been for the past hour, I thought you were jst going to the gas station?
Me: Yea, I went to the gas station in Oswego (30 miles away) :D

Gary

FastFwd
30th December 2004, 10:25
It's about seeing the forest, even though you didn't see a single tree...

Thanks, Alleydude!

maddog
30th December 2004, 11:33
It's like being back in high school, only now you're one of the Cool Kids.

Barry Clark
30th December 2004, 13:36
It's about a friend that can get you into trouble yet you hang with him anyway.

rlstone
30th December 2004, 15:03
It's the anxiousness, the giddy anticipation you get when you throw your leg over your Sporty, slip it into gear and ease down the driveway with no place in particular to go.

It's going to that no place in particular...and loving every minute of going there.

It's the feeling of pride we have when someone asks us about our motorsickle.

It's the kids waving at us from the cages when we pull up beside them at a stoplight.

It's that overpriced piece of chrome that we couldn't wait to get home to bolt on...you know, the one that's taken two months of our "mad money" and that no one else would even notice...but we know it's there--it always catches our eye when we walk by our bike in the garage.

It's cussing out the weather man as you're riding through the 10% chance of showers.

Lostwheel
30th December 2004, 16:08
It's about the feeling you get when your riding into the sunset on a summer night going along the river and all you hear is the sound of your exhaust and the occasional tree frog........ :xlrocks

Shark Doctor
30th December 2004, 16:15
It's the smells that you never detect from a cage...

It's the glance from a riding partner that needs no words...

It's the occasional smile and "thumbs up" sign from a car or pedestrian that says it all...

flathead45
30th December 2004, 16:27
Its about ....... ME........not them........ME.......

its about ....kickin that dog in the teeth that chases you everytime you ride by

its about .....bustin' that side mirror off that stupid car that just cut you off

its about....pullin off the road and pissin blood from the motor viberating soo bad

its about....cops hassleing ya for having too loud of pipes

its about....sittin in front of a computer screen at all hours of the night bullshitting on a xlforum

its about....lookin "bad" in that store front window while you sit at a stop light

its about....

Moved On
30th December 2004, 16:50
Hey Flatty....

You forgot to list your favorite past time... Buying shiny chrome doo-dads for the ratty flatty !!!

Gazza

flathead45
30th December 2004, 16:56
oh ya

its about....new shiny baling wire for my flatty

el jeffe
30th December 2004, 17:35
it's 'bout waitin' fer spring............................................ ....

TiBaal89
30th December 2004, 20:53
wow, pissing blood!

Good thing its actually all about ME, becuase thats far too badass for my tastes. :D

blackbob23
30th December 2004, 21:21
It's about finally fitting in...