PDA

View Full Version : Streetfighter and Chopper Frames for Harley

TallLew
17th August 2005, 00:10
Hey gang...just wanted to pass on this website. I ride by the shop everyday and they have some wicked bikes come through there.

www.choppersforever.com

Specializing in frames for Sportsters

xlchopper
21st August 2005, 16:55
i've been out there a few times myself. love thier stuff,but to cheap to buy it.

Peter_nikols
23rd August 2005, 00:48
Hi guys,

I ran across this website about a week ago and decided to call them.
I have been seriously considering a chopper build for a winter project
and wanted to build a Buell Chopper. I was considering a Redneck frame
untill I ran across this Softail Streetfighter frame for a Buell/Sportster project.
It's exactly what I was looking for. It's perfect!

I spoke to Jeff (one of the owners). He was really helpfull and I was able to
figure out exactly what I want based on my needs and legalalities.
So I'm looking at about $6 for the Softail frame kit (including oil tank),
gas tank, rear fender, foot controls, belt, etc...

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.
Peter

TallLew
23rd August 2005, 14:10
Peter...glad you found them pleasant to work with. Glad you were able to figure out what you're needing too. Always good when you get what you're looking for. Sounds like a fairly good price (assuming that $6 means $6,000?) Not much of wrench myself so I usually end up just looking at the purrty bikes. I want to learn and get into wrenching just never really seem to have the time. Someday...

Good luck with the build and keep up updated...curious if you've decided on an engine yet?

Peter_nikols
23rd August 2005, 18:04
Peter...glad you found them pleasant to work with. Glad you were able to figure out what you're needing too. Always good when you get what you're looking for. Sounds like a fairly good price (assuming that $6 means $6,000?) Not much of wrench myself so I usually end up just looking at the purrty bikes. I want to learn and get into wrenching just never really seem to have the time. Someday...

Good luck with the build and keep up updated...curious if you've decided on an engine yet?

Hello TallLew,

Yes your right it's $6000 not $6. That would be the best deal ever...

This frame is designed to transplant an engine, complete front end (1/4fairing, guages, handlebars, leavers, etc...) and wheels from a stock 1995-2002 Buell. So the engine will be a 1200 Buell engine which really a souped up Sportster engine. It makes over 100 horses "bone stock". I will keep it stock for now since I'm not made of money... But, I will put on a Supertrapp 2 into 1 exhaust and carb kit and a Forcewinder air cleaner, maybe a slightly more agressive cam. Ignition will have to change as well. So I'm looking at a couple thousand more. Eventually I will do an engine rebuild - Year 2.

This winter's project will be to take a stock Buell and transform it into a Buell StreetFighter - basically that means I will have a cross between a sport bike and a chopper.

It will look someting like this...
http://www.mcworx.com/bike18.html

A much toned down version of it, but you'll get the idea....

missyd
24th August 2005, 12:08
American streetfighters look just like an chopper!!!! :rolleyes:
See pic below ... a fine example of a Sporty streetfighter made in germany! :D :D :D

http://www.fighters-magazin.de/club/andyb1.jpg

Frame:RAU
Tank: Alu, handmade by RAU
Engine: Harley Davidson Sportster 1200, tuned with parts from Accel, Andrews, Buell, Crane, Jagg, Screaming Eagle etc.
Heads: Buell
Carb: Keihin with Dynojet Kit
Ignition: Screaming Eagle
A/C:Hyper Charger
Battery: below engine
Exhaust: Kess-Tech Supertrapp with 100db, 2 mufflers under the seat
Fork: Yamaha YZF 750
Rearfork: Yamaha YZF 750
Breaks: Yamaha YZF 750
wheels: Yamaha YZF 750
Handlebar: Fehling GS, 760mm
Lights: 2 CV
Tires: front 120/70 ZR 17, rear 190/50 ZR 17, MEZ1
:D :D :D :D :D

pilot
24th August 2005, 15:31
Man, thats one fugly Sporty. Now if you do one up like a chopper, vintage board racer, dirt tracker or cafe racer, cool as hell. But those mad max looking, ass end way up in the air, bikes just don't do it for me, nothing flows, its just... ugly.

missyd
24th August 2005, 21:00
....But those mad max looking, ass end way up in the air, bikes just don't do it for me, nothing flows, its just... ugly.

This streetfighter is not very nice ... thats true. But I saw some real beauties at shows that beat every HD custom any time.

A streetfighter in the US is a custom chopper bike over here. What you call ugly with ass in the air is a streetfighter! :shhhh ;)

Moved On
24th August 2005, 21:57
http://www.fighters-magazin.de/club/andyb1.jpgIt kinda looks like a frog Danielle... but I bet it would be fun to ride :D

Gazza

GOTWA
24th August 2005, 23:48
Hello TallLew,

Yes your right it's $6000 not $6. That would be the best deal ever...

This frame is designed to transplant an engine, complete front end (1/4fairing, guages, handlebars, leavers, etc...) and wheels from a stock 1995-2002 Buell. So the engine will be a 1200 Buell engine which really a souped up Sportster engine. It makes over 100 horses "bone stock". I will keep it stock for now since I'm not made of money... But, I will put on a Supertrapp 2 into 1 exhaust and carb kit and a Forcewinder air cleaner, maybe a slightly more agressive cam. Ignition will have to change as well. So I'm looking at a couple thousand more. Eventually I will do an engine rebuild - Year 2.

This winter's project will be to take a stock Buell and transform it into a Buell StreetFighter - basically that means I will have a cross between a sport bike and a chopper.

It will look someting like this...
http://www.mcworx.com/bike18.html

A much toned down version of it, but you'll get the idea....

I just don't see that style as "streetfighter." When I think of a streetfighter Sporty, I think of bikes like Stevo's TXSporty's, Liam's. Tough, scrappy looking bikes that fly in the face of chrome and say, "I don't give a :censor , but you should!" The style of bike in that link is more pro-street in my mind. But that's just me.

Peter_nikols
25th August 2005, 23:48
Hey all,

Streetfighter is the name (model) of the frame they make. It's more of a drag style or Pro street frame but Streetfighter is a cooler name so that's what they call it. Frankly I don't care what its called. The actual frame style is what I was looking for.

Traditionaly bikes with the Streetfighter label are naked sport bikes.
What I am looking for is a croos betwwen a chopper and asport bike. It will be different!

Happy riding...

GRAYFEATHER
26th August 2005, 00:36
American streetfighters look just like an chopper!!!! :rolleyes:
See pic below ... a fine example of a Sporty streetfighter made in germany! :D :D :D

http://www.fighters-magazin.de/club/andyb1.jpg

Frame:RAU
Tank: Alu, handmade by RAU
Engine: Harley Davidson Sportster 1200, tuned with parts from Accel, Andrews, Buell, Crane, Jagg, Screaming Eagle etc.
Heads: Buell
Carb: Keihin with Dynojet Kit
Ignition: Screaming Eagle
A/C:Hyper Charger
Battery: below engine
Exhaust: Kess-Tech Supertrapp with 100db, 2 mufflers under the seat
Fork: Yamaha YZF 750
Rearfork: Yamaha YZF 750
Breaks: Yamaha YZF 750
wheels: Yamaha YZF 750
Handlebar: Fehling GS, 760mm
Lights: 2 CV
Tires: front 120/70 ZR 17, rear 190/50 ZR 17, MEZ1
:D :D :D :D :D
Thats a mean looking bike Missyd. :banana

Grayfeather.

Peter_nikols
26th August 2005, 21:05
I hope not!

streetfighter1
15th September 2005, 01:57
Just thought I'd post a pic of my MX Works Streetfighter framed street ride! I bought it as a roller from the boys at MX Worx, it was their dragbike for one season. I slid in a basically stock Buell thunderstorm engine and added a few other parts and am now running high 11 second 1/4 mile times. Call it whatever you want, Dragbike, chopper, bobber, custom, I really don't have time to care because this bike is a blast to ride!

engine
15th September 2005, 02:52
I'll take this one:
http://mcworx.com/Gfighter1.JPG
and this one, but it needs to be black, and MAYBE a hint of those red/yellow flames...but a very small hint.
http://mcworx.com/images/othersports/sport21.bmp

Peter_nikols
15th September 2005, 20:29
Hey Streetfighter,

Very nice! That looks pretty lean and mean. So you picked it up with the front end (looks like a Cyclone front end) and the wheels and you put the engine in. Did you have to put the foot controls and rear master cylinder, etc... Did you put the tank and fender as well?

Sorry for the questions but I am getting close to starting my winter project. I just picked up a 1998 S1 White Lightning that will be my doner bike. Had a long talk with Frank from MC Works last week about some of the details. I will be doing something kinda similar to yours - I will transplant the Buell engine, front end and wheels onto the Streetfighter frame. I chose the Softail version cause I wanna street drive this and the roads are realy bad here...

Did you do the assembly work yourself?

Peter

streetfighter1
24th September 2005, 02:24
Hey Streetfighter,

Very nice! That looks pretty lean and mean. So you picked it up with the front end (looks like a Cyclone front end) and the wheels and you put the engine in. Did you have to put the foot controls and rear master cylinder, etc... Did you put the tank and fender as well?

Sorry for the questions but I am getting close to starting my winter project. I just picked up a 1998 S1 White Lightning that will be my doner bike. Had a long talk with Frank from MC Works last week about some of the details. I will be doing something kinda similar to yours - I will transplant the Buell engine, front end and wheels onto the Streetfighter frame. I chose the Softail version cause I wanna street drive this and the roads are realy bad here...

Did you do the assembly work yourself?

Peter
Peter,
The engine I used was from a 98 Buell S-3, I did have to put on the foot controls, Rear master cylinder, ect.. The front end is from a Cyclone, I installed the S-3 inverted frontend but removed it after a seal failed ( I actually like the Cyclone frontend better). I bought the bike as a roller with the body work. Frank at MC Worx made the tail/seat section. My bike see regular street duty as well as drag strip trips and IMO doesn't ride much worse than the buell donor bike. I did the installation work myself and had taken the bike down to the bare frame before I installed the engine.