PDA

View Full Version : Too Broke For Sturgis? well... Too Broke For Sturgis!! AZ riders read this

bitpusher
19th July 2011, 01:02
It is a little short notice to try and put something together but I would like to see if we can get at least a handful of people to go this weekend and pitch some tents.

This would be a great way for some of the az crew to meet-n-greet.

see toobrokeforsturgis.com (http://toobrokeforsturgis.com)

Anyone interested lets chime in here and come up with a good time to ride up together, even if it is for just one night.

wabiker
19th July 2011, 01:47
Hey man, Thanks for the Update..Unfortunately Ive already have plans, but Ill put it on the calendar for next year!!

aalsugha
19th July 2011, 02:07
I can probably do an over nighter 22nd to 23rd.

bitpusher
19th July 2011, 02:44
I can probably do an over nighter 22nd to 23rd.

what time could you leave friday?

aalsugha
19th July 2011, 02:59
I can leave whenever.

bitpusher
19th July 2011, 05:23
I can also leave at any time. let's see who else would like to leave on friday and what time they can go.

The next question is whether to slab it up to flagstaff and back down lake mary road or take 87 up through payson and take lake mary road north.

aalsugha
19th July 2011, 06:32
if we leave early then I'd go up to flag.

whatitstrue
19th July 2011, 19:24
Thanks for the heads up. Sorry I wont be able to make it this year. Looking foward to some pics. though. Let us know how it goes!

bitpusher
20th July 2011, 02:03
if we leave early then I'd go up to flag.

I was kinda leaning the other way - maybe taking 87 + lake mary road would be a nice relaxing ride - we get enough slab just putting around town, eh?

my .02c but am open to both.

might have a snag in any plan to leave early, just found out my stage 2 heads and cams are shipping, am going to try and get them here thursday but may be friday....

given no complications it should be about a 2 hour job (which means it is going to be a 3 hour job, if I am lucky).

I will buy lunch if you want to come over and supervise :smoke

aalsugha
20th July 2011, 02:36
I was kinda leaning the other way - maybe taking 87 + lake mary road would be a nice relaxing ride - we get enough slab just putting around town, eh?

my .02c but am open to both.

might have a snag in any plan to leave early, just found out my stage 2 heads and cams are shipping, am going to try and get them here thursday but may be friday....

given no complications it should be about a 2 hour job (which means it is going to be a 3 hour job, if I am lucky).

I will buy lunch if you want to come over and supervise :smoke

Hahaha, I found out that my AR-15 upper is coming in on Friday as well but not sure when. It's going to be a little later.

DIESEL
21st July 2011, 20:31
no dice for me this year. I just got back from the family vacation to the grand canyon.

whatitstrue
26th July 2011, 02:31
I saw on the news yesterday that the event (Too Broke For Sturgis) was shut down late Friday night. Due to 4 people being shot. Last I heard 3 were dead and 1 was in critical condition. The news was reporting a possible murder sucide between 2 couples.

Just wanted to make sure any one that went from the forums was O.K.

Let us know!!!

bitpusher
26th July 2011, 03:16
wow. not making light of it but looks like bending a valve was the best thing I could have done thursday!

aalsugha and I did not attend due to aforementioned brainfart.

aalsugha
26th July 2011, 03:34
wow. not making light of it but looks like bending a valve was the best thing I could have done thursday!

yeah, looks like we got lucky....

whatitstrue
26th July 2011, 05:14

yeah, looks like we got lucky....

bitpusher, aalsugha Glad to hear you both did'nt have to deal with any of that up north!!!