PDA

View Full Version : Anybody any views on Badlander seats?

440RT
20th August 2005, 12:56
I've just installed 11" shocks on my 01 883, and I'm looking to get a lower, sleaker look than the saddle I have at the moment. I was thinking maybe a badlander? any thoughts on this saddle or maybe a different type?

Thanks

http://xlforum.net/photopost/data/500/medium/Picture_220.jpg

HotRodSporty
20th August 2005, 18:34
I swapped out my stock 1200 seat for a Badlander. I liked the looks of the badlander alot, I also liked the heigt iy put me at. I went on some 2 to3 hundred mile rides on it, it is duable but is also a pain in the ass after 100 or so miles. I am willing to sacrafice comfort for looks though.

XLFREAK
20th August 2005, 18:34
I have an '01 Custom w/11" Progressives and a Badlander seat. Love the look of the low shocks and the Badlander. (The shocks ride great BTW) The Badlander is not uncomfortable, but no where near as comfy as other seats such as the stock Sporty seat. I like the saddle height of the Badlander. It doesn't fit snug to the gas tank like other seats but it doesn't look bad. Just gotta get used to the different look. I have a detachable backrest and I put that on and change the seat for long 2 up rides. I'm gonna try a Mustang Daytripper someday. But all in all like I said the Badlander looks great and is not uncomfortable. When I ride solo it's always the Badlander. Check out my gallery.

Takingabreak
20th August 2005, 18:46
HI.

My 2003 883 custom came with what had to be the worst seat Harly ever made, the 100th ann badlander. The dealers guys tell me they were evern harder thent the regular badlander.
I rode it untill I did a 180 mile run, looks cool vs my butt and kidneys not screeming, I have a sundowner now for long runs, and a low solo for around town.

If you want a low seat, the corbin gunfighter is good, and the gunfighter type made by Mustang are both good.
If you want a coufy low seat, the best I have ridden is the corbin hollywood wide solo.

newberrykc
20th August 2005, 21:00
I just recently swapped out my stock pillow seat for a badlander.. Wish I would've saved the money and bought more beer. The badlander looks awsome, but there is no comfort what so ever. I put my stock seat back on and my ass thanks me for it. But some like it, it just never did it for me comfort wise, and that is important to me.

my .02

newberrykc

mikeLI_77
20th August 2005, 22:00
Everyone has a different taste for what type of seat they like. Just do a search. everyone swears the seat they have now is the best. it may be for them but everyone is not built the same so what is uncomfortable for one may be perfect for another. I have a badlander on my 02 1200C and 11" Progressing Heavy duty shocks and i rode it up to laconia this year from long island and all around for a total of a 850 mile trip in 3 days with most of the riding during the first two days and yes after a while i would get a little uncomfortable on the seat but i would just adjust myself in the seat a little bit and i would be fine. I also would take my wallet out of my back pocket when i ride and that would help also.

883Hugger
20th August 2005, 23:40
If you are going for comfort, this seat is not for you. But if you are trying to make your bike look bad ass, get it! I love the feel it gives me in the saddle. I feel more like I am sitting in the bike rather than on top of it. I love mine and really, its not that uncomfortable. The only time you notice it is on very long rides.

440RT
22nd August 2005, 18:54
If you are going for comfort, this seat is not for you. But if you are trying to make your bike look bad ass, get it! I love the feel it gives me in the saddle. I feel more like I am sitting in the bike rather than on top of it. I love mine and really, its not that uncomfortable. The only time you notice it is on very long rides.

883,Thats exactly what I'm looking for, what about a La Pera "bare-bones", anybody got one on ?

Moker
22nd August 2005, 19:04
883,Thats exactly what I'm looking for, what about a La Pera "bare-bones", anybody got one on ?

i did/do/??

it moves you forward
i'd try to sit back on the little lip, which hurts like a mofo! I would keep it but the fact that it moved me forward sucks. but it looks frikkin awesome on the bike!!! i switched back to the stock seat, and am looking at sending that in to be modified to a gunslinger (http://www.harleyseats.com/Gunslingers.htm) with blue flames to match my bike

440RT
22nd August 2005, 19:20
i did/do/??

it moves you forward
i'd try to sit back on the little lip, which hurts like a mofo! I would keep it but the fact that it moved me forward sucks. but it looks frikkin awesome on the bike!!! i switched back to the stock seat, and am looking at sending that in to be modified to a gunslinger (http://www.harleyseats.com/Gunslingers.htm) with blue flames to match my bike

Moker, Is it a height thing? I'm only 5ft 9", or is it just where the seat sits on the frame?

Moker
22nd August 2005, 19:23
well, the seat sits you lower than the stock seat, about 1-2 inches.
but like i said, it also moves you forward about the same.

oh and i'm only 5ft6
guess i'm used to sitting back and stretching a little for the bars

440RT
22nd August 2005, 19:32
Moker, your just like me, a shorty on a sporty! :tour , so it's not a height thing.The last thing I want to do is to be pushed up on the bike, once I go over 50 the wind really hits me, I'm trying to get lower and back a bit, the Irish weather is'nt exactly good for riding! :(

billet93
22nd August 2005, 20:08
If you want a more affordable alternative,you can do what I did, which was to buy a HD seat from a Sport model. It sits you low and further back than the stock 1200c seat I had and looks awesome, it resembles the look the badlander gives you IMO, and I paid like $30 for mine. I just recently found a guy selling another one for $40, so I know they are around. I love the way it rides and looks, but is a little hard for longer rides, but I do most of my stuff around town.

440RT
24th August 2005, 20:23
billet93, I want to keep the pillion end as low as possible, thats why I was thinking of the badlander.Another thing is, will a badlander or any of the above mentioned seats fit my bike with the fatbob tank?