PDA

View Full Version : Sale at Chicago H-D?

neckball
25th August 2005, 15:17
I swear I saw a note on a forum somewhere last week that Chicago H-D is having a one day -25% sale on genuine H-D parts, but I can't find the reference to it now and I don't remember the date. I think it was August 25. Anybody know anything?

Speedy818
25th August 2005, 15:19
Quite possible. They usually do that once or twice a year. They're trying to get the Glenview store open and so they're not ordering any new stock for the Western Ave location (well, at least the last time I was up there.) Chi Harley is always 20% off Genuine HD and 10% off everything else. When they do their big sales, it's 25% off HD and 15% off everything else. Pretty good deal, esp if you live out of state. Give Steve a call up there - he's a great guy and will take care of you. Tell him Andy with the Street Rod sent you!

xena
25th August 2005, 15:19
Its august 28th, but shhhhhhhhhh. Don't tell everyone ya know or else all the good stuff will be gone in a heartbeat! ;)

ZanexGt
25th August 2005, 16:08
Its august 28th, but shhhhhhhhhh. Don't tell everyone ya know or else all the good stuff will be gone in a heartbeat! ;)

That applies to online sales as well, right?

XLFREAK
25th August 2005, 16:16
That applies to online sales as well, right?
Absolutely

MusclePump
25th August 2005, 18:24
I would be a little weary about these guys. Their customer service is non-existant. Took me two weeks to get a response to an e-mail, and two months later, still no response to a second e-mail that was sent twice. I highly suggest shopping with Zanotti--great service, even better prices.

xena
25th August 2005, 18:28
MP I have found Chicago HD to be a stand up vendor. I've purchased a ton of stuff from them over the course of this past year, and only once did they make a mistake sending me a white leather jacket instead of the black one I ordered. THe mistake was promptly taken care of.
If you have a problem, call them on the phone, don't screw with email.

Speedy818
25th August 2005, 18:30
I would be a little weary about these guys. Their customer service is non-existant. Took me two weeks to get a response to an e-mail, and two months later, still no response to a second e-mail that was sent twice. I highly suggest shopping with Zanotti--great service, even better prices.

I would just say that although we do live in the 21st century - some places choose not to focus on e-mail. You'll get much better service by picking up the phone - calling their 1-800 number and speaking to a real-live person.

Everyone there is helpful - they're just not fast on the e-mail. (Nor the discussion board that's on their website - which they do clearly state isn't a place for them to be dispensing the wealth of information that you'd be finding here).

You get what you give.

MusclePump
25th August 2005, 18:45
I would just say that although we do live in the 21st century - some places choose not to focus on e-mail. You'll get much better service by picking up the phone - calling their 1-800 number and speaking to a real-live person.

Everyone there is helpful - they're just not fast on the e-mail. (Nor the discussion board that's on their website - which they do clearly state isn't a place for them to be dispensing the wealth of information that you'd be finding here).

You get what you give.

To me, if a vendor is going to offer a way to correspond, they should cover it. Plain and simple.

rider1951
26th August 2005, 01:13
Damn and I just ordered my side covers last week from Zanotti's. Oh well they are a week closer to getting here. One down 5 weeks to wait.

vetteguy
26th August 2005, 02:59
I got some stuff from Chicago, No problems. Guy

vicks44
26th August 2005, 03:24
Hey speedy do you ever make it down to N. W. Indiana ?

Luckymic
26th August 2005, 03:29
I've ordered from Chicago HD 3 times and the screwed up my order twice. The first screw up the took about a month to get me the parts, but the second one was way worse. It took them a month to send me a narrow beach bar kit for my Fatboy. Then I open it and they didnt send the risors. So they have to reorder them, a week later no parts still, another week goes by and they said they came in, but they sold them by mistake. By that point I'm pretty peeved, but I've already paid for everything. So they order them again, and about 10 days later I get my risors, minus the top clamps. So I call them up again, they appoligize again, and order the top clamps. I get the parts in the mail about 10 days later, but this time it's only one clamp (bet you didnt see that coming). So I call them again, they reorder them again, and 10 days later I get my other clamp, but they did send me a free t-shirt. I might give'em one more chance....maybe.....not sure, I;m still a little heated. End Rant

pquirk
26th August 2005, 03:56
I've ordered from Chicago HD 3 times and the screwed up my order twice. The first screw up the took about a month to get me the parts, but the second one was way worse. It took them a month to send me a narrow beach bar kit for my Fatboy. Then I open it and they didnt send the risors. So they have to reorder them, a week later no parts still, another week goes by and they said they came in, but they sold them by mistake. By that point I'm pretty peeved, but I've already paid for everything. So they order them again, and about 10 days later I get my risors, minus the top clamps. So I call them up again, they appoligize again, and order the top clamps. I get the parts in the mail about 10 days later, but this time it's only one clamp (bet you didnt see that coming). So I call them again, they reorder them again, and 10 days later I get my other clamp, but they did send me a free t-shirt. I might give'em one more chance....maybe.....not sure, I;m still a little heated. End Rant
I'm not a big fan of them for similar reasons. It's not worth going into the details, but I'll only use them if I can't find what I want elsewhere. I don't hold it against a company when they screw up an order, but when they screw up the fix that's not okay. In my case they even charged me double for the wrong part (lucky me).

jaxs1984
26th August 2005, 09:57

I haven't purchase anything on-line from them cause I live in the area. I purchased my 883L their and they were EXTREMELY helpful. They didn't pressure me or anything. I did goto 3 other stores in the area and they all tried to upsell me a "bigger" bike. And this is the first bike I purchased in my life. The salesperson was Tim.

billib
26th August 2005, 18:14
I've ordered from them several times, no problems and very reasonable shipping costs. Beats the hell out of retail + sales tax.

Speedy818
26th August 2005, 19:04
Hey speedy do you ever make it down to N. W. Indiana ?

Not too often - but every now and then I find my way out there. Mostly I head up to SE Wisconsin or the SW Chicago Burbs. But my inlaws live not too far from 80.

ZanexGt
27th August 2005, 18:09
So do their sale prices not show up until after you purchase when you purchase online?

rider1951
27th August 2005, 18:15
So do their sale prices not show up until after you purchase when you purchase online?

I do believe that is correct.