PDA

View Full Version : V&H's Fuelpak reset?

mastiffhound
20th September 2011, 03:27
Does anyone on here know how to reset the V&H fuelpak? I am switching my pipes and I need to go back to original settings. V&H finally got back to me so I can put my drag pipes on. Any help would be appreciated.

johntog
20th September 2011, 11:26
Does anyone on here know how to reset the V&H fuelpak? I am switching my pipes and I need to go back to original settings. V&H finally got back to me so I can put my drag pipes on. Any help would be appreciated.

You don't need to "reset" it. If you've got the new settings for the new pipes just alter the current settings to the new ones.
all the best
John

mastiffhound
20th September 2011, 23:28
I would like to do that but from setting 24 on up there is N/A marked as the setting so I still thing I have to reset it I think. I really would like to know how to reset it.

johntog
20th September 2011, 23:48
I would like to do that but from setting 24 on up there is N/A marked as the setting so I still thing I have to reset it I think. I really would like to know how to reset it.

I'm pretty sure you'll find that the settings you put in prior to the N/A settings in effect disconnect those settings as they aren't needed for the map you're loading. Hence the 'N/A' not applicable note, so irrespective what setting 24 etc shows it won't be doing anything. If in any doubt phone the V&H fuelpak people and I think you'll find they'll confirm this. My bike came with a fuelpak and V&H pipes but I changed the pipes to something a lot quieter. I've phoned the fuelpak advisers and always found them very helpful.
Let me know how you get on mate.
all the best
John

fourburgs
20th September 2011, 23:59
Just change all the values to the new map settings.. Were ever N/A is, just enter 0 And you are good to go . If it doesn't run the way you like, Call V.H. and they will help tweak your new map...

johntog
21st September 2011, 00:13
I've just checked my settings to see what is shown where a N/A setting is required. You should find that as you input the settings starting at mode 1 any modes that show as N/A won't appear. For instance on mine modes 34,35,36 are meant to be N/A so when I press to go to the next mode after 33 it goes straight back to mode 1. The entries made previously will cancell any N/A modes
HTH
John

johntog
21st September 2011, 00:30
Just change all the values to the new map settings.. Were ever N/A is, just enter 0 And you are good to go . If it doesn't run the way you like, Call V.H. and they will help tweak your new map...

You can't enter a 0 value in a mode that's N/A as your previous entries will mean the modes that your settings list as N/A won't appear. You can't put a 0 in a mode that's not there.
John

fourburgs
21st September 2011, 00:34
I've just checked my settings to see what is shown where a N/A setting is required. You should find that as you input the settings starting at mode 1 any modes that show as N/A won't appear. For instance on mine modes 34,35,36 are meant to be N/A so when I press to go to the next mode after 33 it goes straight back to mode 1. The entries made previously will cancell any N/A modes
HTH
John

That's correct... What versin of fuelpac do you have ? My map shows mode 36 N/A and after entering value to mode 35 mine goes back to mode 1.. As long as you got the values entered according to thier map they gave you, I am guessing your combo is not listed on thier quickmap lookup and the sent you a map ..You Will Be Good To GO...Hope this helps but there is no reset..