PDA

View Full Version : Safety Course complete

FSZEKE302
30th August 2005, 03:25
:D Finished my motorcycle safety course tonight. Wife bugged me to go. Feels really great. Earl Small's H.D. in Marietta. Great experience, hard to believe how many things I've done wrong and got away with. Had developed many bad habits along the way. Money well worth spending. Can't wait to tackle these curves around here correctly. :clap :tour

itsshemp
30th August 2005, 04:36
Congrats! I too have just finished my course! I have to admit, it was much better than I had expected! I was very impressed on how they took many people that had never been on a bike before, and by the end of the training, they were doing figure 8's inside a small box!

It was very imformative, and I too learned a bunch!

Enjoy the twisties!

wrongpaw
30th August 2005, 12:51
Completed the course this past Sunday. Did 5 hours of skill practice/
testing in a constant downpour. Everyone, including myself, passed
with no rain related problems. Here in PA. the course is no charge.

Regards,
Mike (aka wrongpaw)

Sportster Girl
30th August 2005, 12:55
Completed the course this past Sunday. Did 5 hours of skill practice/
testing in a constant downpour. Everyone, including myself, passed
with no rain related problems. Here in PA. the course is no charge.

Regards,
Mike (aka wrongpaw)

Just finished mine two weeks ago. Highly recommended to anyone. I had a ball on that ratty little Yammy Virago....

Funny you said that about the rain, Mike. One of our instructors told us that once they had a class where it was raining cats and dogs, just awful, really coming down, but everyone kept riding and doing well.

Stopped raining, and the class started making mistakes left and right! Go figure! :)

RedRider
30th August 2005, 14:14
Congratulations! I've never heard of anyone who's taken the course and not come out as a better rider.

I've taken both the BRC and the ERC, and would recommend them to anyone.

Sportster Girl
30th August 2005, 14:20
Congratulations! I've never heard of anyone who's taken the course and not come out as a better rider.

I've taken both the BRC and the ERC, and would recommend them to anyone.

Hey Rob,

Sorry if I misssed it, but did you ever post a review of your ERC? You said you'd tell us all about it....My instructors urged me to take it soon.

So what did you think?

Bikerdude
30th August 2005, 14:29
We got us some "Smart Riders" here...Congrats to all for finishing the course. It could mean the difference between living or not.. I commend you all. I think we should do refreshers at least every 2-3yrs.

Ride Safe..one and all. :clap

RedRider
30th August 2005, 16:36
Hey Rob,

Sorry if I misssed it, but did you ever post a review of your ERC? You said you'd tell us all about it....My instructors urged me to take it soon.

So what did you think?

Yep, I did take it, and my review is here (http://xlforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12402). I recommend it as well.

Good luck!

Ken Man Do
30th August 2005, 16:50
I start this Friday. Can't believe it's on Labor Day weekend, but it is, at Lakeland Community College in Ohio. It took me a year and a half to finally get in, and I tried to be one of the first applicants this year, way back in February!

My permit was gonna expire in July, so I took my riding test and passed. So I don't need to pass this course to get my license, but I guess I'll take it anyway.

It's amzing that the State doesn't throw more money at this project, there are so many people who want to take it but get blocked out. I think of all the government waste, and then they let this literally lifesaving course go under-funded.

Ken