PDA

View Full Version : Your stomping grounds

Broncodog
2nd January 2005, 21:47
txsporty had a question about state polls, so lets get a general idea about where everyone is

Shark Doctor
2nd January 2005, 21:50
Michigan in winter, Florida Keys in summer (yeah, I know...don't say it...)

TechRep
2nd January 2005, 21:51
Connecticut... Waiting for warm weather to break in my new conversion.... :(

HrdlyDangrs
2nd January 2005, 21:53
New Jersey.......Is it Spring yet??
:flag_newj :smoke

txsporty
2nd January 2005, 21:56
Sunny San Antonio, Texas!!!!! :D

Well not Very Sunny today!!! :cry1

RedRider
2nd January 2005, 21:57
Pennsylvania. 52* today- did about 60 miles on country roads...it's a beautiful thing. ;)

:flag_penn

barry1967
2nd January 2005, 22:04
Tech rep. where in CT?

Ya need more options. Northeast, Southeast, Northwest, Southwest, Midwest and I hate this but....texas, with a small t on purpose....hehe

midnitewolf
2nd January 2005, 22:04
normally sunny california , but alot of :censor rain the last couple of weeks .

flathead45
2nd January 2005, 22:11
seat of my sporty, nose in the wind

SportsterBart
2nd January 2005, 22:23
East coast representin' , yo. :p

Bart

Broncodog
2nd January 2005, 22:50
seat of my sporty, nose in the wind
Ahhhh, that would be the state of mind :laugh

Stumble
2nd January 2005, 23:08
Warm Sunny South Carolina, Rode bout 100 miles today just for kicks. Temp. about 74 F.

XLFREAK
2nd January 2005, 23:17
Shreveport Louisiana here. As close to Texas as I can get.

raysheen
2nd January 2005, 23:51
"Other"?!?! uh oh you're going to get Gronk and Stevo upset now! :laugh :D

TechRep
3rd January 2005, 00:00
[QUOTE=barry1967]Tech rep. where in CT?

Just north of Danbury... Lots of back roads...

willprevale
3rd January 2005, 00:29
Newnan Georgia 40 miles south of Atlanta.

pquirk
3rd January 2005, 01:23
:confused: None of the above...I live in Southern IN and for some bizzare reason we don't do daylight savings time. In the summer I'm on central time and in the winter I'm on eastern time. I wish it was the other way around so I wouldn't have to stay up so late to watch MNF

rider1951
3rd January 2005, 01:43
Oregon where we had a beautiful day sunny and mid 40s. Rode the DL today 100 wonderful miles. It is now 35 degrees headed to the high 20s. I hope winter is short this year. Last year we started off with 6" of snow which for us is a lot, lasted a week hope it stays a way this year.

cantolina
3rd January 2005, 01:46
40 miles east of Buffalo, NY....

Irondrake77
3rd January 2005, 01:52
Pennsylvania. 52* today- did about 60 miles on country roads...it's a beautiful thing. ;)

:flag_penn

Wished I had the bike back together it was great Saturday. :luvsport

JohnS
3rd January 2005, 01:56
Saint Louis, Missouri. My wife an I were riding in shirt sleeves on New Years Eve…..you never know what to expect for weather around here.

That is strange with the time zone in southern Indiana. My daughter goes to school at Miami, Ohio and we make the trip there several times a year. I am never sure what time it is when we are going thru Indy :confused: . (I’m glad my cell phone changes automatically)

Happy New Year!

collinsb
3rd January 2005, 02:08
I live where the Rock River empties into the Mighty Mississippi. Mississippi, spelled M-i-s-s-i-s-s-m-o-u-s-e or something like that. I don't have any beautiful mountains to ride on like some of you lucky bikers. I live in a lot of flat corn country, so I have to ride in search of winding roads to go WHEEEE! However, I bet I can ride down a straight road better than any of you!

Billy Straightshooter

Moved On
3rd January 2005, 02:22
Central New York
Home of the Erie Canal, The Adirondacks, Lake Ontario, The Finger Lakes and Lotsa White Stuff.

We have a few straight roads around here. I think I foud one that didn't have a single curve for about 3 miles the other day. I gotta go down Wills way some day and ride in his stomping grounds around the Dragon, 318 curves in 11 miles sounds pretty fun, thats about 3 curves every 1/10th of a mile :)

Gary

cantolina
3rd January 2005, 03:20
You say when, and I'll go with you, Gary!

Broncodog
3rd January 2005, 03:37
:confused: None of the above...I live in Southern IN and for some bizzare reason we don't do daylight savings time. In the summer I'm on central time and in the winter I'm on eastern time. I wish it was the other way around so I wouldn't have to stay up so late to watch MNF
should have put check in multiple answers :laugh

stevo
3rd January 2005, 06:14
"Other"?!?! uh oh you're going to get Gronk and Stevo upset now! :laugh :D

Nope... just modified it to better reflect reality... :tour :D

I've just spent 3 days playin on The Gillies ...... sorta like our version of Deals Gap... somethin like over 250 corners in 11 miles

FUN :tour :clap :D ... 'cept it was a bit rainy on and off ... so I couldn't really crank it.. But I did use all the rear tire on my Gixxer.. :shhhh :yikes

bplinson
3rd January 2005, 10:47
You all know that I live in Germany but my heart is in Indiana. I was born in Florida and raised in Illinois, Indiana, and Iowa. Lived some many place that I don't really know where I am from but I plan to stay in Germany as long as I have good work.

Gyahmers
3rd January 2005, 11:38
(Almost always) Sunny Southern California where I can ride just about every day. :D

twinsporty
3rd January 2005, 12:46
I'm in Pennselyvania right now, but who knows where I'll be next.

Myke
3rd January 2005, 13:14
I'm in Maryland, grew up in Cleveland (a great place to be from...)
Myke

SC_Compact
3rd January 2005, 13:26
I live in Dutchess county, NY and I work in the Danbury/Bethel, CT area.

Kent
3rd January 2005, 15:43
So. California boy here.
However no ridin the past week or so. :censor rain!

Sometimes I think I should buy rain gear but in a normal year it will rain about 20-30 days out of the year.
Not this one though :cry1

Lostwheel
3rd January 2005, 16:17
Putnam County N.Y..... :chop

74FeHeadXLH
3rd January 2005, 16:34
Woodbridge Va. 30 mi. of Wash D C ........Mike

cypher
3rd January 2005, 16:55
Saint Louis, Missouri. My wife an I were riding in shirt sleeves on New Years Eve…..you never know what to expect for weather around here.

Illinois, Central time zone. We went out New Year's Day!! It was almost 70 degrees that day. Hubby and I took a ride up 94West, ate lunch at a bar/restaurant with a bunch of stuffed squirrels (literally), then rode back home. Got my winter ride in.

saint
3rd January 2005, 17:54
Eastern Iowa right now, spend a lot of time in southern Wisconsin. Been waiting for Spring the second it got cold!

Guinnessharp
3rd January 2005, 19:03
Alexandria, Virginia.... now I just have to wait for the movers to show up... hopefully before the weather turns!

PlanB
3rd January 2005, 20:12
Well, I don't know where I'm from! Born in Germany, then to Arizona, Washington, Japan, California, Germany, Arizona, Iowa, Ohio, South Carolina, Panama, VietNam, Georgia, Ohio, W. Virginia, South Carolina, Alaska, and now Oregon...too wet here...looking at Arizona, Costa Rica, Phillipines, or Thailand next!

So I guess I'll go with Western Oregon til I change again!

Broncodog
3rd January 2005, 20:23
Well, I don't know where I'm from! Born in Germany, then to Arizona, Washington, Japan, California, Germany, Arizona, Iowa, Ohio, South Carolina, Panama, VietNam, Georgia, Ohio, W. Virginia, South Carolina, Alaska, and now Oregon...too wet here...looking at Arizona, Costa Rica, Phillipines, or Thailand next!

So I guess I'll go with Western Oregon til I change again!

No moss on yer butt :laugh

PlanB
3rd January 2005, 22:18
During this long winter, someone with more time on their hands than grease or money should come up with a world map with little dots of where we all are! Right now it looks like the EST folks are cleaning house...then again, it's siesta time in Texas so we might have to wait a while for them to respond to this thread! :-)

mikeLI_77
3rd January 2005, 23:18
new hyde park NY here about 30 minutes outside NYC. Just went on a run this past saturday 01/01/05. supposed to be a cold finger run but it was 60 degrees when it is usually about 20 degrees. had 3200 bikes with 5000 riders go according to the tally i heard they had. hopefully we'll keep getting some more of these warmer days for this time of year around here to make the riding a little more enjoyable.

jwb47
4th January 2005, 00:19
at the gateway to the shawnee national forest in southern illinois. about 125 miles south east of st. louis missouri. if your tired of flat corn fields come on down I will show ya some good twisties through the forest.

Turbota
4th January 2005, 00:42
You have a problem with your poll ....

You forgot to include the "Mountain Time" zone

So, what's with that?

stevo
4th January 2005, 01:30
I'm a mountin man and I LUV mountin wimmins :)

flathead45
4th January 2005, 01:39
I loves to go swimmin' with bow legged wimmin' , and swim between their leggs

Benetampa
4th January 2005, 01:57
Central Florida. I think thre are a few of us around here.

Broncodog
4th January 2005, 02:00
I loves to go swimmin' with bow legged wimmin' , and swim between their leggs
only if their trimmin :D

Mountainrun
4th January 2005, 13:10
You have a problem with your poll ....

You forgot to include the "Mountain Time" zone

So, what's with that?
Yup, I'm in New Mexico, the forgotten state.

rlstone
4th January 2005, 17:57
High Point, North Carolina; where the men are men and the sheep are nervous...

chupacabra
4th January 2005, 19:00
Born, raised, and currently living in Richardson, Texas (North Dallas)

thesmithiz
4th January 2005, 19:16
Just outside of Tampa, FL.

jeebus
4th January 2005, 21:33
dallas/fort worth area in texas. traffic sucks and it's crowded but i've lived here 36 yrs.i love it here.

Buckshot
4th January 2005, 23:42
In regards to the Dragon's Tale...Say when. I have done it once and scared the bejesus out of me. The key is to hop on the tail end of a group of pocket rockets to get the thrill. The other HD riders don't seem to want to move over for another HD. Scraped up both sides of the bike riding back to the NC side. Saw a couple wrecks and some evidence there of at the little gas station on the NC side. That is an absolute blast and highly recommend anyone coming this way to ride it. :dancesmil

BTW, I live in upstate SC.

bmonty72
11th March 2006, 02:40
Middle of the country...Kansas City, KS Sunny and 68 deg one day, snowing and 38 the next???

Bow6
11th March 2006, 02:56
Cornfields of east central IL near Effingham.... Rode 6 miles today to check if got carb farts tuned out... Mostly cloudy mid 50s...

roadogette
11th March 2006, 04:12
The middle of New York state.:banana

jrazo
11th March 2006, 05:22
Guam 13.2 degrees N, 144.5 degrees east, same time zone as Sydney.

nativebroncofan
11th March 2006, 11:17
Mountian Time Here

Swamp Fox
11th March 2006, 11:23
Just outside of Charleston, South Carolina...

JicJac
11th March 2006, 13:15
I'm a damn Yankee, livin' and lovin' it in South Cackalaky. Growed up in NH, MA, RI. Been down this way for more than 30 years and I still paaaark my caaaar in the yaaaard. JJ

snowman
11th March 2006, 15:08
Saline, Michigan (about 40 miles west of Detroit) all year round. Global warming hasn't hit here yet so the winter keeps me off the road for about 4 months. Starting to get warmer though...........:banana:banana:banana

05low
11th March 2006, 16:27
Im located in Ontario Canada about 4 hours north of Toronto. Winters are long but I was able to get out for 10 kms yesterday. Still lots of snow but the roads are dry except for excessive amounts of sand.

Snuffy
11th March 2006, 22:02
Born and raised in S.E. Kansas little town called Parsons. But have live in Tennessee since 76. Live in a wide spot in the road called Defeated Creek about 5 miles from Difficult and 8 miles from Gladdice Tennessee. We have all the twisties you would ever want. Some so sharp you can see your own taillight.

SgtRick
11th March 2006, 22:10
Well I reside in Houston so I chose the Central Time Zone bit Im really at GMT +3, that is Balad, Iraq time.

883rnh
11th March 2006, 22:56
I'm a damn Yankee, livin' and lovin' it in South Cackalaky. Growed up in NH, MA, RI. Been down this way for more than 30 years and I still paaaark my caaaar in the yaaaard. JJ

On of the north country towns in NH you don't gas up your Cah you GAZZ up the Cah!:p

hotrodharry
12th March 2006, 07:40
Im in beechmont kentucky about 50 miles from the biggest city called owensboro kentucky the bar-B-que capital of the world and the home of moon lite bbq.

smoking man
12th March 2006, 08:26
well lets see i was born in illinois move to fla move to va and roamed the states for a few years and now settled in indiana. yes i think that is about it. and i live about 20 milies south of ft.wayne and in the little town of bluffton home of the famous street fair.

Bigmatt
12th March 2006, 13:47
Currently living in San Antonio Tx. Was born in Sonoma Ca and have lived in 7 different states and a few overseas location. Not much for putting down roots however I like where I am at now cause I can ride just about every day
:tour

Kelley
12th March 2006, 14:00
Air Force brat
Born in Harrisburg, there one week then to Japan, Northern California, Virginia, Okinawa, Florida, and have been in Southern California since the early seventies. Reside now in what is called the Inland Empire, about 40 miles west of Palm Springs, in Moreno Valley.

cavman
12th March 2006, 14:53
Milford, Connecticut - a costal town about 40 miles east of the New York border.

tcspannerwrench
13th March 2006, 18:23
Im in beechmont kentucky about 50 miles from the biggest city called owensboro kentucky the bar-B-que capital of the world and the home of moon lite bbq.
moon lite bbq used to be a tradition for my freinds and I when we would go to owensboro fire officers school, allways a good time

Gone
13th March 2006, 19:10
TC,

Moonlite BBQ rocks, eaten there many times, need to ride the sporty out that way, some time soon.

Grizzly
13th March 2006, 19:34
Currently West coast. I am from upstate NY originally......but the weather and vista rides out here are spoiling me!

Gone
13th March 2006, 23:37
Va. Beach Va.

avnsteve
1st October 2006, 04:11
wtf is going on here? redeye's post is dated 13 march 06, yet it shows up as a new post here today?

Bert, are you jacking with the mind ray controll thingy again?

gammaqueen
1st October 2006, 04:45
Pumpkin Center, North Carolina

jwbradbury
1st October 2006, 13:38
Within an hour's ride, I can be at the beach... heading out through the desert... or riding along the mountain ridgelines at 9K-feet. Can't find too many spots with this much diversity for places to roam with my Hugger.

J.W.

MDT
2nd October 2006, 14:24
Hey! What about Mountain time Zone!!
Mountain time zone---------------------------

Swankster
2nd October 2006, 20:39
My favorite spot to ride is a route to and partially around a reservoir (Pine Flat around 20 minutes away from Clovis, CA) and then beyond up into the nearby mountains. Around a hundred miles in all and most of that at a vigourous pace.
Noooo.... traffic, cops and a great road with lots of twisties.
Just got to be aware of several cattle guards at various points along the way. To someone new in the area they would certainly be an adventure/surprise.
As a matter of fact, yesterday I reversed the usual route and although I still had a great ride, it was not as much fun. Most of the right hand turns were blind and that leads to some potential anxiety due to the unknown factor.
Swankster

wabiker
3rd October 2006, 21:44
Arizona has its OWN time zone
...thats right...cuz we have a Dis-Order...!!

XLFREAK
3rd October 2006, 21:49
Hwy 1, 395 along the Eastern Sierra's & Hwy 41 into Yosemite

tall1
4th October 2006, 13:18
Mountain (AZ) standard time...the riding weather's getting good! :clap

Prebs
4th October 2006, 14:10
Central mASSachusetts :D

avnsteve
4th October 2006, 14:58
there's a whole pile of EAST coast people here, stands to reason since there's such a high density population over there. I'm in central time zone, right next to the gates of hell.

Scott3318
4th October 2006, 15:50
Central time zone for me. Victoria, TX to be exact.

NoBoZoS
4th October 2006, 21:48
Hey you left me out of the poll.....Atlantic Time...Yarmouth Nova Scotia..(God's Country)

sprtrjl
4th October 2006, 22:31
Eastern time zone here in sothwest ohio. Beautiful day 83 and sunny to bad I had to work all day. Thunderstorms supposed to roll in about the time I get off work.

DOCDAVE
4th October 2006, 22:50
Liffer, here in the big "D". Atten: Builders stop your developing , yours taking my luvlly riding country.:frownthre

Little_Dave
7th October 2006, 16:26
I'm in the North-west part of Ireland, tends to be a bit damp, but I have an awful lot of coastal roads and (low) mountains to try and get lost in, not far from my house.:tour

killswitch
7th October 2006, 16:35
since the moutain time zone was not offered, I went with Paradise,, due to excellent riding in the Rockies!!!

NIGHT HAWK
18th October 2006, 03:55
Tuscaloosa Alabama, Southern girls and great roads 8 months out of the year!

rickrider
18th October 2006, 03:57
mountain time zone at the edge of the Canadian Rockies.

skien
18th October 2006, 04:05
Hei central time zone born and raised in Milwaukee Wisconsin now live in central part of Wisconsin city of Custer.

Bully
26th October 2006, 11:25
Mountain Time Zone... Go BRONCOS!!

BillyWhizz
26th October 2006, 11:50
Perth, Western Australia

Beaches and Babes

Reaper6
26th October 2006, 13:13
Boone County, Illinois. Northwest part if IL.

paulriva
26th October 2006, 13:24
Muggy Houston Texas!!

2006 1200c
3rd November 2006, 22:29
New Brunswick, Canada. Could not do the poll....No Atlantic time zone

Confused89
3rd November 2006, 23:03
Now you all are going to have to clear your heads and think real hard about this one as it will be difficult to understand. Pquirk touched base on the time zone issue with Indiana, now that they have pass a new law redoing all of it affecting my area. On the week days I am on Eastern time zone. On the weekends I am on Central time zone. :frownone The reason for the switch is that I am at college and I go home every so often. Now if you made it this far without giving up you can go a little further. Now here comes the confusing part, in order to go home I must travel south east (mainly south, but 50 miles to the east). So I really head east and switch from Eastern to Central. :frownthre Now I am from the arm pitt of america when I am at school, good ole smelly Terre Haute. When I go home I live near the small town of Santa Claus Indiana. :shhhh Yes there really is a town named that. Now if anyone watches the show Extreme Makeover Home Edition they will be featuring a home that is located in St. Meinrad Indiana on Nov. 12th 2006. :banana That is where I grew up, very small town just 6 miles down the road. So in 6 months my address will change again when I graduate college. :banadanc

Scarlett
4th November 2006, 16:19
Beautiful Washington State (on the good eastern side) where you have everything you want within 50 miles.

kbfarkas
4th November 2006, 16:48
Eastern Pa.
Is it spring yet?

smokinron
4th November 2006, 18:35
Virginia, ( is for LOVERS)

Carl-04XL
4th November 2006, 19:41
Virginia, ( is for LOVERS)

ditto... :laugh

khaskins
4th December 2006, 06:40
Sunny So. California, Had a half day of rain last week, rode anyway. Those other So Cal guys were complaining about the rain. What rain? I live less than 25 miles from either of you and aint seen much rain. Just wait, we will be really wet in Feb and March.

Big_Baazzoo
4th December 2006, 16:50
Winter really smacked this week, snow and temps in the teens. My garage is too cold to work in.:(

t.c. Johnson
4th December 2006, 18:10
New Jersey.

Gone
4th December 2006, 19:42
Massachussetts . The snow on my front lawn sucks

Danny3nose
11th December 2006, 01:29
Cleveland, OH. Freaking winter...

Gone
11th December 2006, 01:43
Phoenix Az. I hate snow, used to live in cleveland Oh.

Astrnmrtom
11th December 2006, 02:00
Top left corner of the US - five miles farther north and I'm in Canada, three miles west and I'm in the Pacific Ocean. :laugh

Mohntonite
11th December 2006, 02:11
Between Maple Grove Raceway and Reading PA. (outlet capitol of the world)

Jason's Sporty
11th December 2006, 02:30
Northwestern PA, in that lil tail that PA has between Ohio and New York State. Middle of winter now but two weeks ago is in the 60's!!!

DC in PHX
23rd December 2006, 03:33
Mountain Time in AZ (except for one of the reservations up north)
DC

CustomBlue
23rd December 2006, 03:39
Illinois, Central time zone. We went out New Year's Day!! It was almost 70 degrees that day. Hubby and I took a ride up 94West, ate lunch at a bar/restaurant with a bunch of stuffed squirrels (literally), then rode back home. Got my winter ride in.

hey you look like yer sittin on my buddies bike in yer avitar!

rokclmb
23rd December 2006, 04:59
What about "Other"? There are lots of other time zones.

GMT +9
Japan

SpiderMania
23rd December 2006, 18:06
Ks, SD, NE, MO, IA. . . Hell's Half Acre!

charlie7639
23rd December 2006, 20:18
Bristol England

Old_Goat57
26th December 2006, 18:19
Northern California, Lots of room to ride, decent weather to do it in

sportysrock
26th December 2006, 18:52
The poll results are not what I expected to see. I expected a more balanced vote.

rharrison356
29th December 2006, 20:15
I am in the central zone, but sure wish I was back in Europe

WiAlKi
29th December 2006, 21:18
nice and warm (most of the time) New Mexico.. good riding about 350 days a year...

Mountain time zone.. not even on the poll choices..

Little_Dave
1st January 2007, 12:51
North-West coast of Ireland mainly, though I do trips to Scotland and England and was in France 2005. Bike is off the road during the winter because of all the salt and mud on the roads here. Happy New Year.:clap

chrome man
1st January 2007, 17:04
The high tax state of MASS.

LiLBrudder
3rd January 2007, 00:12
central florida here

crharvel
3rd January 2007, 16:20
The concentration of the east coast I find suprising. I would think the midwest would be up there.... but then again I think there is higher concentration of higher income (needed to afford Harley's these days!) on the east coast when compared to the midwest.

XLFREAK
3rd January 2007, 18:01
missouri and alot of good weather for taking a ride so far

Gone
3rd January 2007, 18:39
NC weather 58 yesterday

jeff1873
3rd January 2007, 20:02
BOISE IDAHO The home of a few good football players!!!!!!

Swankster
3rd January 2007, 20:12
The concentration of the east coast I find suprising. I would think the midwest would be up there.... but then again I think there is higher concentration of higher income (needed to afford Harley's these days!) on the east coast when compared to the midwest.

Orrrrr! perhaps it's because the East coast riders have less time to ride, unlike us west coasters, and more time to spend and respond to the forum.:rolleyes: :smoke
Serious!
Swankster

ken01976
3rd January 2007, 20:56
Jordan NY and now St Louis

milmat1
1st February 2007, 01:54
Lexington, North Carolina!

Waiting on Snow and Ice tonight and tomorrow !! BLAHHHHH!!!

66ssman
1st February 2007, 01:58
Formerly Northeast Missouri, now transplanted Okie since '99. More white stuff today. Sporty is wimpering from non-use. :(

Solosport
1st February 2007, 03:27
Eastern time zone.Stamping Ground,KY. Just north of Lexington.Lots of twisty country roads...In other words,Sportster country.Been here since '83,but I also came from Owensboro...& Moonlite BBQ IS all that & more.~Tim

Little_Dave
5th February 2007, 17:30
Took a run out the other day as it was a beautiful day, got away for a couple of hours run, took a couple of photos, this one at the mouth of Lough Foyle where the ferry crosses from N. Ireland to Southern Ireland which is further north than N. I! :doh The ferry goes from Magilligan Point in Co Londonderry to Greencastle in Co Donegal.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/1961littledave/P1240020.jpg

Swankster
5th February 2007, 18:00
Here's a few old pics I just came upon recently that best illustrate still my favorite stomping grounds for riding.
Pine Flat reservoir area,
Local indeed and only about 30 minutes from my home.
BTW, It amazes me how my Sporty has changed thru time and continues to do so.
I guess we just can't be satified or leave these things alone Huh?
Swankster

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1384/6513001/13626727/228239638.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1384/6513001/13626727/228239478.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1384/6513001/13626727/228239512.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1384/6513001/13626727/228239502.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1384/6513001/13626727/228239521.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1384/6513001/13626727/228239485.jpg

Remember! Ride hard but Safe...

SportyJoe
5th February 2007, 22:12
Dallas Texas... Hollywooood!!!!

robert
6th February 2007, 02:41
Monterey, California.

Swankster, you're in Clovis? My girlfriend's dad has a house in Sanger. We're there all the time. We need to hook up and ride!

Swankster
6th February 2007, 20:08
Monterey, California.

Swankster, you're in Clovis? My girlfriend's dad has a house in Sanger. We're there all the time. We need to hook up and ride!

Cool! then your'e familiar with Pine Flat I presume? I usually take the 180 east past north Sanger to Trimmer Springs Road up to and beyond the lake.
It looks to me your'e a beer drinker too!:D
Swankster
BTW, I visit the Monterey area often as I do alot of work in your neck of the woods.
Also, My Bros live in Marina, Santa Cruz and Scotts Valley.

robert
7th February 2007, 01:18
Swankster,

I haven't ridden Pine Flats yet. In fact, the last time I rode in your area, I blew out my rear tire doing 50 down Bethel. Scary sh*t there! We need to get together and ride sometime. Oh yeah, I'm a beer drinker!!!!!! I was gonna ride out to Sanger tonite to see my gal, but the forecast calls for rain tomorrow. I'll PM you next time I'm gonna be in town, do the same when you come this way!

risotteria
7th February 2007, 06:15
manhattan... most dangerous place to ride on earth

Hogwylde
17th February 2007, 21:33
Western Mass

Confused89
17th February 2007, 21:54
Eastern time zone.Stamping Ground,KY. Just north of Lexington.Lots of twisty country roads...In other words,Sportster country.Been here since '83,but I also came from Owensboro...& Moonlite BBQ IS all that & more.~Tim

You get back there often?

Rocker59
26th February 2007, 00:05
The Ozarks. Northwest Arkansas.

BillyWhizz
27th February 2007, 00:26
Perth Australia :banadanc

SavageRider
6th March 2007, 23:43
San Francisco Bay Area!

racerwill
6th March 2007, 23:47
back roads and by-ways from Boston to the Cape.... SE Mass

Ww

biel63
7th March 2007, 16:17
Between Maple Grove Raceway and Reading PA. (outlet capitol of the world)

You must mean good ole Rt 10!

lincoln1975
20th May 2007, 05:14
SD. frick'n corn fed women

Martyvz
20th May 2007, 05:50
Las Vegas, baby!

It was friggin hot again today!!!!!

skull1313
20th May 2007, 15:35
San Francisco CA (marin County) weather has been awesome did 100 miles solo yesterday putting my boots on right now!!!! This is my first Harley and new Bike i cant get enough

Sportster Sam
20th May 2007, 16:34
Central time zone for me-the good 'ol plains of Nebraska. Still lots of wide open spaces and even a few hills, despite what you might have heard about it being flat as a pancake.

Jimbo999
28th May 2007, 01:12
N.E. Oklahoma here.
Nickname is "Green Country" and it really is too. Lots of lakes and forests.
Great riding places with crazy twisties and steep valleys and hills.
Not a lot of traffic but gott'a watch out for game and tractors etc. Farmer
Jones don't know what a stop sign is and the blue haired old ladies can't
see past the hood.

Still a great place to have a bike and ride like the wind.
:tour

Mustang12
20th June 2007, 19:21
East Coast Baby!

OutlawTexan67
20th June 2007, 20:40
Born and raised in good ole mineral wells,Texas,but have lived the last 17 years in Germany .Now I am just waiting on my kids to all grow up and take 18/30 plan and then Me and the wife plan on moving back to the states!!!!!!

shady
21st June 2007, 07:39
Fargo, ND here

mrfredsporty
21st June 2007, 11:49
Nashville!!

blackbird8693
21st June 2007, 12:10
Desert in the Middle east lots of sand and rock to go with the 115* plus heat

yorgo
21st June 2007, 20:18
Grew up in Northern Virginia (Fairfax county). Awesome place to ride - DC to the east and Mountains to the west. Really miss it. I moved to Miami, FL 5 years ago. Only positive about the move was the year round riding weather. Oh and the daily swim lessons on the ride home during the summer. Man it rains a lot down here.

Ameri-Deutsch
4th August 2007, 00:06
Bavaria...although the beer gardens seem to shorten my riding time.:chtwo

hikerbiker
4th August 2007, 00:44
New England, CT to be more percise

Enjoy the Freedom.......

Maxanimal
5th August 2007, 18:47
Lawn guy land ny and its freakin beautiful out with my bike in the shop

coldsmokeJR
5th August 2007, 18:53
UP NORTH, WI 65 deg rain got my 150 miles in yesterday, still hearin bikes out on the highway. hey flathead you going to the harley shootout in Union Grove?

KCS
5th August 2007, 20:00
South Africa :smoke

Cameron
8th August 2007, 23:25
Central Coast California, where else?:banana
Where can you ride in the winter with the sun on your face, or your rear.:D

Cameron, 05 XL 883 SS (standard stock):tour

MakuaKane
8th September 2007, 07:41
Kealakekua, Hawaii. But Australia would be paradise for me too!

u8mymeat
8th September 2007, 09:01
Cocoa Beach Florida when I'm not traveling on business.

Turbota
8th September 2007, 09:41
Philippines ....

Same time Zone as Taiwan and Hong Kong (you didn't include my time zone in your poll)

6o66er
24th September 2007, 11:40
Phoenix, AZ....love every season but SUMMER! It's HELL here if you ain't got a cager on the side with A/C.

cuban_sporty_rider
24th September 2007, 17:19
stationed in Ft. Bragg, NC (fayetteville) and i go to Ft. Lauderdale, FL every summer and winter.

nexus54
24th September 2007, 17:35
Lousiana and it looks like rain today, but I rode to work anyway!

havi0412c
14th July 2008, 20:17
Used to be Honolulu, Hawaii, but I moved to Denver, CO to attend School of Mines, and eventually start making money again. (I know, why did I leave Hawaii!)

nmbillb
15th July 2008, 01:05
I'm in the whoppin' township of Vado, New Mexico, about 12 miles south of Las Cruces, and 25 miles north of El Paso, Tx/ Juarez, Mexico

185champ
29th September 2008, 01:54
mass, and loving it

TX337
29th September 2008, 02:00
central texas

64physhy
29th September 2008, 02:57
So Cal. I was just in WY for my grandmothers funeral, and I want to ride back up there and tour around the state, maybe a few of the surrounding states, as well. Lots of wide open road without a lot of traffic.

Hot Rod Sporty
29th September 2008, 03:12
Currently Northeast Florida....

...that could change any day now tho....:rolleyes:

The weather here is a HELL of a lot better than Houston, tho...

bockstroker
29th September 2008, 03:22
Third Coast, Redneck Riviera.

Ireeman
1st October 2008, 01:31
ft myers fla. Ie old people who cant hear, see, and cant drive. I have loud pipes.

u8mymeat
1st October 2008, 05:21
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/viperrt10a/Tokyo/yoko032.jpg

Cocoa Beach Fl when I'm not working.

brassnadz
1st October 2008, 06:28
Im gonna need to extend my stomping grounds a bit. Hurricane Ike pretty much wiped out my favorite ride which was along the coast from Freeport, Texas to High Island and back to Houston. Not alot of road left down there now, much less anthing to look at. Im thinking along the lines of Houston to San Antonio, or Victoria as my new digs.

It will take some time, but my old stomping grounds will come back better than ever. Got the word this week that the Lone Star Rally in Galveston is still on for halloween weekend.:clap

Kobo
1st October 2008, 23:49
Houston area. It's been freaking sweet riding weather for 2 weeks straight! Hurricane IKE sucked, but he left behind some nice weather. It's been as perfect as perfect can be weather-wise.

SmokeyDrifter
13th October 2008, 16:38
Nashville Tn....

carlpearson
6th November 2008, 08:59
:tour :tour

Trisa
6th November 2008, 16:38
Oklahoma City here.

1200 Custom
6th November 2008, 20:07
Missouri , in the Ozarks ,Truman lake and lake of the ozarks area,lots of nice views...

mrlowlight
6th November 2008, 20:37
Pordenone, Italy, an hour from Venice and an hour from the Dolomite Mts, also great riding in between the mountains and the sea....several borders close by, Austria, Slovenia and Croatia. I moved from Paradise (Australia) to be here!

desert rat
7th November 2008, 00:21
:chop:chop:chop:chop:tournorhtern new mexico now alittle cold today but sunny so I still rode to work.

sick1200
28th January 2010, 18:02
St. George Utah, about an hour and a half from sin city.

pattywagon
28th March 2010, 06:21
Texas, no need to say more.

90sportster
28th March 2010, 08:05
Valley of the sun...Phoenix, AZ

shotgun46
29th March 2010, 06:48
Michigan where winter sucks :doh

ridesasportster
22nd September 2011, 22:49
I'm in good ole indiana

heloguy
6th October 2013, 11:32
New Jersey....FUGEDABOUTIT!

DBH
6th October 2013, 17:10
Eastern Washington

iwantmybeerbackplease
12th October 2013, 14:07
St. Louis... GO CARDINALS!

ChinCactus
12th October 2013, 15:38
Webster, NY on the shores of Lake Ontario. Another 60 miles north and I'd be a Canadian ay?

Ireeman
12th October 2013, 19:23
Webster, NY on the shores of Lake Ontario. Another 60 miles north and I'd be a Canadian ay?

It's now spelled " eh " but we know from the dead sea scrolls that is from the ancient Hoser word.....

C- A- N- A -D -A.... meaning= "thick Bacon".

ChinCactus
12th October 2013, 23:42
It's now spelled " eh " but we know from the dead sea scrolls that is from the ancient Hoser word.....

C- A- N- A -D -A.... meaning= "thick Bacon".

Mmmmmm..... Bacon! The Candy of Meats! :laugh

Ireeman
13th October 2013, 01:03
There is no substitute.

Don Burton
13th October 2013, 01:41

Nope? It would be "eh"?

Don Burton
13th October 2013, 01:43

Nope? It would be "eh"? Webster is a beautiful place by the way!I visited the town many times during my younger years.

ChinCactus
13th October 2013, 01:48
Well I'm not fluent in Canadian. Guess that make me a Poser, not a Hoser! :doh

Don Burton
13th October 2013, 02:14
Well I'm not fluent in Canadian. Guess that make me a Poser, not a Hoser! :doh

An American posing as a Canuck, eh? :)

Dustpan63
15th October 2013, 04:31
Soggy Seattle, Left coast USA

Iron73
16th October 2013, 22:04
Michigan in the summer and winter.

Mikey Jay
16th October 2013, 22:16
South East England all year round, nice and green, and for 3/4 of the year, nice and wet

stalkie
22nd October 2013, 18:46
South East England all year round, nice and green, and for 3/4 of the year, nice and wet

Southwest England even more wet but not cold.

heloguy
22nd October 2013, 20:35
Central New Jersey

juliancates
22nd October 2013, 23:31
North Carolina, around Raleigh

r4fthrs
23rd October 2013, 02:06
Indiana, southern part (hilly & twisty)

schvlhdleo
23rd October 2013, 03:05
Texas, Galveston Island, where you can ride 12 months a year on Seawall Blvd.

juliancates
23rd October 2013, 13:26
Indiana, southern part (hilly & twisty)

What part? I grew up in Evansville and lived in Bloomington.

Sleeper
23rd October 2013, 13:27
Sarasota and Manatee mostly, sometimes Tampa Bay.

nospoh
23rd October 2013, 21:00
Texas, Galveston Island, where you can ride 12 months a year on Seawall Blvd.

I've been down that way. I grew up on Surfside Beach in Freeport.
Now I'm lost in the sticks somewhere in East Texas about 3 hours north of you.

r4fthrs
24th October 2013, 00:14
Live in Bloomington, hello to a fellow `Hoosier'

pdavis5160
26th October 2013, 23:15
I'm in North Central 'West, By God, Virginia'...(where men are men, & sheep shudder)

juliancates
27th October 2013, 00:12
Live in Bloomington, hello to a fellow `Hoosier'

:flag_indi :smoke

dodgecharger
28th October 2013, 01:09
Near Sioux City, Iowa.